• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Slam if you can do some stuff to youre wii i can give you a copy of Smackdown10

I've been playing some SC4 recently too. Cassy all the waaaaaaay

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about going to bham this weekend.

Turn to page 43 if you decide to go to bham this weekend.

Turn to page 69 if you feel that halloween weekend is too important to blow on smash.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
slam if its a new girl like one you just met, basically you treat her like its a privelege for her to be in the same room with you and basicaly make fun of her the whole time.
she will feel inadequate and wonder why you aren't worshipping her like every other guy does. this causes her to desire to figure you out and set things the way she wants them to be
so she will start coming on to you instead of you coming on to her
when she does this, then you start talking to her more serious and getting to know her and getting her comfortable with you

if you're talking about a girlfriend or something, you treat her like a princess.
young girls don't know what they want though, they can not be pleased, so don't even try. just be nice to her and if she flips out on you, just get over it and move on. in a relationship, **** pride. you lose every argument. if you want your **** to be civil just let her win every argument bro. i'm not saying be a ***** but just saying you can't win an argument with an angry woman. attempting to just makes her more pissed off. i dont understand why guys feel emasculated when they give up in an argument or something. YOUR GIRL IS NOT PISSED ANYMORE you should be happy lol

but eventually every girl wants a nice guy. if you're already dating someone, being a "mysterious" or "rude" is not a good idea at all. a girl that wants that in a BOYFRIEND has problems.

but its perfect for getting girls that you don't know well to be intrigued with you.

so many guys are bad with women but honestly its not even hard. girls are not nearly as complicated as you think. girls are like brawl. (YOU SAW IT COMING IMO). i mean sure its counter intuitive that snakes back air doesn't beat tornado. but once you learn it, you know how it works and its easy to remember.
same thing. a lot of things about girls don't make sense to guys, but once you learn them its easy to remember.

lol girls are dumb

Will_

Smash Journeyman
^^ Pretty much this, when you don't place the girl on a pedestal she'll notice.

And Luis, the post was me thinking out loud, I'm sure most ppl on this board would turn to pg 43. Unless you wanted me to come, which would renew my man-love for you. Extreme homo.

Purple

Hi guys!
[collapse= T1J's rant]slam if its a new girl like one you just met, basically you treat her like its a privelege for her to be in the same room with you and basicaly make fun of her the whole time.
she will feel inadequate and wonder why you aren't worshipping her like every other guy does. this causes her to desire to figure you out and set things the way she wants them to be
so she will start coming on to you instead of you coming on to her
when she does this, then you start talking to her more serious and getting to know her and getting her comfortable with you

if you're talking about a girlfriend or something, you treat her like a princess.
young girls don't know what they want though, they can not be pleased, so don't even try. just be nice to her and if she flips out on you, just get over it and move on. in a relationship, **** pride. you lose every argument. if you want your **** to be civil just let her win every argument bro. i'm not saying be a ***** but just saying you can't win an argument with an angry woman. attempting to just makes her more pissed off. i dont understand why guys feel emasculated when they give up in an argument or something. YOUR GIRL IS NOT PISSED ANYMORE you should be happy lol

but eventually every girl wants a nice guy. if you're already dating someone, being a "mysterious" or "rude" is not a good idea at all. a girl that wants that in a BOYFRIEND has problems.

but its perfect for getting girls that you don't know well to be intrigued with you.

so many guys are bad with women but honestly its not even hard. girls are not nearly as complicated as you think. girls are like brawl. (YOU SAW IT COMING IMO). i mean sure its counter intuitive that snakes back air doesn't beat tornado. but once you learn it, you know how it works and its easy to remember.
same thing. a lot of things about girls don't make sense to guys, but once you learn them its easy to remember.

lol girls are dumb[/collapse]

worked for me

Sup Reflex, I can x6 chain in Tetris Attack again :X. I apparently can't prepare enough for any more Dx

Purple

Hi guys!
Everything from Double Cross on is ridiculous o.o.

I couldn't imagine doing the directional movements and flips fast enough on a regular controller to be able to do that. Apparently there are certain ways to make your flips faster?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everything from Double Cross on is ridiculous o.o.

I couldn't imagine doing the directional movements and flips fast enough on a regular controller to be able to do that. Apparently there are certain ways to make your flips faster?
I dunno. It's not -that- difficult. For the double-cross, you definitely have to be ready for it, as a normal button press wouldn't allow for that kind of speed, but stealth isn't so bad.

It'd just be sliding your thumb over B and A from left to right (or Square and X, if you're into that sort of thing) while pressing left or right once in-between. You get used to it.

Late slip just takes timing. When you see and try it enough times, it becomes easier, for sure.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so tetris attack is the standard, not pokemon puzzle league? I generally get higher chains in ppl.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What is pokemon puzzle league? is it anything like tetris. i do love me some tetris
It's the same game as Tetris Attack, which is nothing like Tetris; it only has the name because any association with Tetris would help sell copies.

I prefer Panel de Pon personally.

Unless I get to be Giovanni/Persian - most annoying team in PPL xD
Giovanni's Nidoking sounds like an absolute monster if you get a high chain...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
hey guys, I've partnered with calvin's channel for uploading matches from Waba/US Gaming Arena and the other Georgia/Alabama tournaments I attend. i can do replay recording in addition to the matches I record on-site.
This is because my channel is mostly melee subscribers and uploading brawl might make them lose interest.

calvin's channel is

http://youtube.com/user/kismet0

i uploaded all the 2AUSOM vids there for those of you that didn't see them on blip.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
hey guys, I've partnered with calvin's channel for uploading matches from Waba/US Gaming Arena and the other Georgia/Alabama tournaments I attend. i can do replay recording in addition to the matches I record on-site.
This is because my channel is mostly melee subscribers and uploading brawl might make them lose interest.

calvin's channel is

http://youtube.com/user/kismet0

i uploaded all the 2AUSOM vids there for those of you that didn't see them on blip.
I like the screencap on the featured video--Squirtle and Falco are just hanging out at weird angles.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
sweet stuff sleepy.

yeah t1j, its my gf. we are past the whole initiation phase of things so sorry mle, but that advice doesnt work anymore in my situation, but its great advice for geting girls though haha. im kinda bad at that too.

yeah i just try to be nice all the time and tell her that nothing is worng with her and try to not blame her for anything that goes wrong in my life, although she may be the cause of it. like me failing school bc i spend way too much time with her. idk. in the end its not important because its not her making me do that.

she is just way complicated and is way peppy and im all like emotionally distressed/want to talk about things share innermost thoughts/ NOT a peppy person really. like most girls, she will say she LOVES this about me in a heartbeat. what girl would ever deny not liking "deep" things? but do they really? well sometimes i dont think so haha. but idk its a hit or miss really.

girls just wanna have fa un. girls just wanna have funnn.

lol love that song.

but everything is better now and all that blah blah and im not even really reffering to her in my all of my rant. just ranting about girls.

i bet reflex is a beast with the woman. that pony tail is too glorious for the estregen to hide from.

also mahg would you really give me wwe games! omgg!! are they competitive? lol

Purple

Hi guys!
Well, i would think that being honest every once in a while will help her be able to trust you and come to you with more serious things if that's what you're looking for o.o

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
The only wrestling games you should be playing are the ones on the No Mercy engine.

Will, when we turn to page 43, it's obviously because we want to see you.

I prefer Tetris Attack for the soundtrack, but Pokemon Puzzle League is the fastest version I'm aware of, so it should be obvious which one you should play competitively.

Girls, man.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The only wrestling games you should be playing are the ones on the No Mercy engine.
Quoted for truth. Sooooo good.

Well, I suppose Def Jam Vendetta: Fight For NY was rather good in its own right, too.

i bet reflex is a beast with the woman. that pony tail is too glorious for the estregen to hide from.
I just know how most people work, so I suppose it comes naturally. Also, I am a handsome man.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Luis, does your neck hurt when you get out of the pool?
I think I'm missing something, but, no, it doesn't. Hmm...

GOLD92 switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
Magnezone lost 19% of its health.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone lost 9% of its health.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone lost 10% of its health.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone used Thunderbolt.
Jirachi lost 51% of its health.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone lost 7% of its health.
GOLD92's Magnezone fainted.

GOLD92 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ♂).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor lost 18% of its health.
Scizor flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor lost 17% of its health.
Scizor flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor flinched!

GOLD92 has left the room.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
@Slam
It's so crazy rt? Girls and all. I mean I always went with bad guys and rt when I found out one was a softy I bounced. Cheap saw a pic of me when I was at the peak of boychasing, like 17, yeah, I know he'd hit that.

When I started settling down, around 19, I realized I wanted a quote unquote nice boy.

I think what the thing is, is that you have to be demanding and rude sometimes, but nice and gentle at others.

Like...you and your boy are having a conversation, girl interupts, you respond with "Two men are talking, keep down." But later you have to make up for it by doing something sweet like playing with her hair while you talk about your day. Talking bc that way we're lulled into a false sense of security and think it's not all about doing it; letting her gaurd down, she will probably let you do it, which is ultimately, your intended goal.

Or, "You gonna have to start cooking for meh woman." She replies with "Psshh, cold day in hell when that shi happens." You should respond with "Men support women by working, women support men by caring."
This tricks the woman into believing that you would actually appreciate her more if she did do homey things and that one day you will give her money.

Some bad accompanied with good makes an ideal balance of badboy with a sensitive side. This 'ideal man' fools the woman into believing you are a jerk with a soft side who will one day respect her, when the fact is you're a manipulating jerk. But it's fair bc the goal of a woman, subconciously, is to manipulate a man into caring for her and her/their offspring.

Love is innocent.
It's the internal, unnoticed drive to survive and procreate that is manipulating.

IMO

XD
This is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever read.

(I'm not trolling)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
It was better to just ignore that, Duchock. But yeah lmao.

I think she was trolling, But then again, she is a female *shrugs*

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think I'm missing something, but, no, it doesn't. Hmm...

GOLD92 switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
A critical hit!
Magnezone lost 19% of its health.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone used Thunderbolt.
Jirachi lost 51% of its health.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone lost 7% of its health.
GOLD92's Magnezone fainted.

GOLD92 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ♂).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor flinched!

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Scizor flinched!

GOLD92 has left the room.
You have a lot of hair and I'm wondering if it ever weighs you down.

lolpokemon, reminds me of that amazing story from KOKingpin.

This is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever read.

(I'm not trolling)
I agree. And now we wait for the inevitable response from Emily... unless my stating the obvious of the inevitability dogs her.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
These people aren't half as strong as "Mama."

Kola, still using Heart?
I wish, I haven't even had the chance to play the game because of Sebastian "losing" his playstation 2. *rage*

I shouldn't have ever sold that thing, but I can buy one for like....$20?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Why not?

And Zero it has come to my attention that I have left both my wiimotes at your place. :I No Brawl practice on the only day I'm not swamped with Homework. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Well, i would think that being honest every once in a while will help her be able to trust you and come to you with more serious things if that's what you're looking for o.o
yeah i told her that she was the reason i was failing. but then i was like "well its my own fault to" im honest im honeeesst.

oh and duchik. sad, but true.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude i would prefer it that ppl ignore my posts. it makes life sooo much easier for everyone.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
dude i would prefer it that ppl ignore my posts. it makes life sooo much easier for everyone.
I just ignore the really long ones about 20 different unrelated topics that don't make any sense (posted by those that I listed), not every post they make.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
man, i love the AL smashers.
so much untapped melee potential (but tapped when i play dat azz)
and so much brawlers to learn from

Top Bottom