• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
AkihaVermillion

Edit: no it's those stupid Piring and wolves and dogs and anything else that crosses you up while you're trying to hit them. This character does crap damage, I'm making a Warrior class now. I want damage D:<

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
olimar is pretty gay ummm im not familiar with the MU at all haha im just like well **** lets hope this olimar player doesnt have a good defense game and lets hope he spams moves and basic olmar stuff.

but i played fino once and like i kinda got an idea of it with mk
dair

_Keno_

Smash Lord
whoa now, emily said the litterbox is fine by itself. I'm just to make sure those cats dont **** the trash, still have food, and such.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
true. but i guarantee you m2k will never lose to brood or an olimar ever again

i think brood mindgamed him by letting him 3 stock him in 2 minutes the first amtch lol
Yeah, I don't think m2k learns his matchups very well until someone beats him with that character. Brood knew the matchup extraordinarily well and knew exactly what to do against his sharking in match 5.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
OLIMAR HAS 2 MANY OPTIONS UNTIL HE IS KNOCKED OFF STAGE KEVIN IF YOURE HAVING TROUBLE WITH ME? TRY PLAYING rb, DABUZ OR lOgIc? MY OLI IS OK I GUESS!

Dnyce

Smash Master
well metaknight kinda of wrecks olimar anyway
lol M2K

10japs
^^^
Metaknight match-up isn't that bad for Olimar. It's hard for both characters, and whomever pulls their gimmick off the best wins.
true. but i guarantee you m2k will never lose to brood or an olimar ever again
All brood did was demonstrate everything we learned on the oli forums 1-2 weeks before apex started. I wouldn't be surprised if Dabuz was able to beat him, especially with his region.

Free advice no one will ever understand olimar that is all!
^^^take it while it's free

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i was all excited bc im always hearing janitor talk about how good mk is against olimar.

but i dont see any real great advantage.

olimars know you are going to want to gimp them... i mean... cmon...

i guess you can kill pikmin with jab yeah thats what i was missing :p

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
olimar vs. mk is pretty **** even, just saying...after getting way to much experience against top mks, its still gay for both side because olimar kills mk early as hell, but mk can do the same to olimar with a couple good reads

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think its gay when people confuse language evolution with homophobia
homosexuals can steal words like 'gay' and 'queer'
but we cant?
nahhhh

olimar's main weaknesses are the fact that he sucks in the air, and his recovery sucks.
i dont know a character than can exploit these weaknesses better than metaknight

but obv i dont know how to fight olimar so don't mind me

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Somebody play Altered Beast with me. I haven't beaten it yet. /shamefamiry

You can turn into a ****ing bear that does karate.

Actually imma bring it this Thursday along with everything else I hacked onto my wii(TMNT Tournament Fighters, anyone?).

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Somebody play Altered Beast with me. I haven't beaten it yet. /shamefamiry

You can turn into a ****ing bear that does karate.

Actually imma bring it this Thursday along with everything else I hacked onto my wii(TMNT Tournament Fighters, anyone?).
I'm so out of practice for Tournament Fighters. I was just starting to pick up Chrome Dome when I dropped it. Frame 1 command throw, invincible during projectile windup, instant overhead mixups, dive kick, Dhalsim stuff. But Shredder will always be my character.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
i think its gay when people confuse language evolution with homophobia
homosexuals can steal words like 'gay' and 'queer'
but we cant?
nahhhh
I realize that the use of the word is not intentionally negative or hurtful. Understand the consequences of using the word you choose, though.

What if we started saying things were really Kevin? Like, when something's really laughable because it gets drunk and publicly complains about the condition of women these days, we say it's so Kevin. I'm not meaning to harm you, it's just a better way to say it.

Also, queer is another story entirely.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Kill half of Olimar's pikmin, avoid getting grabbed. Hop all over the place and mindgamez Olimar, also avoid getting grabbed. Be patient and count his pikmin, get used to how long his grab lasts so you can work on baiting them with random hopping and gimmicks for getting right behind him. Once you get the first hit and force him on defence you can go really agressive. Olimar has no good "omfg get off me" moves, not even Whistle in my opinion. You can also wait for Olimar to try to jump for you, and either rush him on the ground or remind him he is mediocre in the air. When you got him trying to regain momementum force him to the edge, get him off the edge, then gimp him with taunt or something it isn't that hard.

Also don't let him grab you.

Somebody play Altered Beast with me. I haven't beaten it yet. /shamefamiry).
Yes.

mk got dat got dat but olimar got dat upsmash

I love you.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Lol at convos.

Russ, how are the cats? We're actually coming home Wed bc I don't have class Wed night.

Just add litter to the boxes, one in J's room, bathroom, and living room...I'm not asking you to scoop, just add some plz. The box in the bath is prolly most used so make sure you have enough for that one if you don't for all of them.

To take the top off the bath litter just lift the whole wall part up. The walls are connected to the top so it comes off as one.

I was sooo Kevin last night at Shooters. But in the end the night was really gay bc I could've been way more Kevinfaced.

-MLEsis

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I realize that the use of the word is not intentionally negative or hurtful. Understand the consequences of using the word you choose, though.

What if we started saying things were really Kevin? Like, when something's really laughable because it gets drunk and publicly complains about the condition of women these days, we say it's so Kevin. I'm not meaning to harm you, it's just a better way to say it.

Also, queer is another story entirely.
if the term got widespread usage and that became more or less an accepted definition of "Kevin", imo i dont think it'd be reasonable for me to complain about that.

(especially in this case because its true lmfao)

the only reason this offends you is because you choose to be offended by it, not because there's anything wrong with saying it.

in cases where I would directly relate a negative activity to being homosexual, that's a different story.

For example, the term "no homo", while hilarious, is very homophobic, in the sense that it basically and literally implies "i don't want you to think I'm gay because there's something wrong with that"

but ay that's my 2 cents. i'll try to remember not to use the word like that just for the sake of not being a douche bag (hey there's another term thats a product of language evolution ;))

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

lol2008...

It shows.
was that necessary?

its not a matter of the year its a matter of the mechanics in the air. olimar sucks in the air, fact. metaknight excels at juggling people, fact.
olimar sucks at recovery, fact. metaknight excels at gimping, fact.
i dont really think these statements are disputable.
i dont know what that says about the matchup, but i know these statements are true.

Top Bottom