• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
ill money match you

i want to fight your toon link a bit too. i have a theory that snake mega ***** toon link without a condom
Okay.

only for ground-based characters, and metaknight
Hmm, Olimar, Snake, Meta Knight, uhh, Wolf, umm... who else? These are all stupid matchups for Lucario so I guess you hit the nail on the head.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i dont like lucarios with mk

i really dont like dks and olimars even though they arent hard MU's but i guess nothing is a hard MU with mk i dunno bout that tho w/e

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont like lucarios with mk

i really dont like dks and olimars even though they arent hard MU's but i guess nothing is a hard MU with mk i dunno bout that tho w/e
both the snake and diddy boards are starting to doubt the MK match up, and those were supposed to be the only "close" matchups

i've never played a "good" MK before so I dunno. will always goes DK against me :-P

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i really wish i could ask for advice and get something better than
"camp more"
or
"youre doing good just play less aggresive"

no im not doing good. i hate how people are nice to you just bc theyre better what would help really, is if someone was like "look youre being really stupid blah blah blah change this ENTIRELY!"

whenever someone says im legit when i ask for advice i just call them lazy.
i am so far from being legit.
and you guys know it.
dont act like you dont...

Will_

Smash Journeyman
My mk's up for friendlies whenever I trot out to bham, Kevin. Maybe after I'm past my first couple of tests. And play SSFIV if you want, tolerable online(usually near perfect and sometimes not so much) makes it so you can constantly practice and iron out bad habits, so imo your skill is really only limited by the amount of time you're willing to put in. Although learning frame 1 links will seriously cause frustration.

Slam, we can wi-fi if you want. wi-fi sucks tho.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
My mk's up for friendlies whenever I trot out to bham, Kevin. Maybe after I'm past my first couple of tests. And play SSFIV if you want, tolerable online(usually near perfect and sometimes not so much) makes it so you can constantly practice and iron out bad habits, so imo your skill is really only limited by the amount of time you're willing to put in. Although learning frame 1 links will seriously cause frustration.

Slam, we can wi-fi if you want. wi-fi sucks tho.
Practicing 1-framers calms me down. There's something about practicing links that has a trance-like effect on me.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
"camp more"
or

no im not doing good. i hate how people are nice to you just bc theyre better what would help really, is if someone was like "look youre being really stupid blah blah blah change this ENTIRELY!"

and you guys know it.
i agree
but i think people who are naturally good at the game, don't really understand how to explain how to play it.
with me I have to have like a statistical analysis of everything I do. like i could explain my whole strategy in plain words.
like sometimes youll ask someone "why'd you do that move right there", and they're like 'iono it just felt right"
i rembmer ken used to tell people stuff like this in melee all the time. he was just like 'i just do whatever'. m2k does this too. even tho people call him a 'robot'. he really just plays with good instincts.

and then of course, there are players that literally don't want to give away their tactics. i've heard people literally say this. like "im not telling my secrets so some scrub can keep me from winning money"
iono

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
i agree
but i think people who are naturally good at the game, don't really understand how to explain how to play it.
with me I have to have like a statistical analysis of everything I do. like i could explain my whole strategy in plain words.
like sometimes youll ask someone "why'd you do that move right there", and they're like 'iono it just felt right"
i rembmer ken used to tell people stuff like this in melee all the time. he was just like 'i just do whatever'. m2k does this too. even tho people call him a 'robot'. he really just plays with good instincts.

and then of course, there are players that literally don't want to give away their tactics. i've heard people literally say this. like "im not telling my secrets so some scrub can keep me from winning money"
iono
This is why I tend to not argue very well when debating about characters. Basically, the most I'll ever say is, "If you don't understand why, then you're not good enough."

Except that I'm bad.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
did you know that you're character is lighter while charging a smash?
Makes sense in a real world prespective. u are getting ready to punch or kick something and then u get hit from the side or whatever. doesnt make much sense in a crappy 2d video game but whatev. I thought it was crazy when i found out u could move your shield around when u shield

Purple

Hi guys!
What matchup is it? Snake vs Who?

I mean, the most you can really do is play the matchup constantly and see what you can technically outdo the opponent's character with.

Dnyce

Smash Master
"camp more"
or

and you guys know it.
I'm sorry, I guess my mind doesn't work like that. Go to character forums and you will find PAGES of material on people's opinions of how to play the match-ups... so to ask someone a generic, broad, open-ended question like "how do you play the match-up" is asking a LOT. If you give me a specific question, I could easily go into detail for you, and you'd probably get lots of tangents on some other useful stuff too. But when you ask "how do you play snake vs olimar" I draw blanks.

Also, you have forums... just like all the other good players do. The difference is they use em religiously if they need to. Most everything is right there for you, categorized and neatly organized in a manor so that anyone can just come here and find exactly what they're looking for. That's how a forum works, lol.

You might find these threads helpful:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264162
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278904

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
fino that wasnt me that asked about the olimar snake MU
and i wasnt refering to you either when i made that post since ive never asked you fro advice lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
what the **** is siege?

some scrub sonic player told me to go on wifi today, also.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
we need seperate crews in AL that like... hang and smash and ****...

actually

why dont we just become more legit?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soooo, there's a chance I'm coming to Auburn this weekend, coming down Saturday morning and leaving Sunday morning/afternoon.

Any chance I could get housing for a night? :D

Top Bottom