• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
w/evs.
smh
All I know is the time I'm seeing is wrong.

AWA is this upcoming weekend, rt? J, Kola, and myself maybe some others are going Sat. Y'all could do that.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.<;; yeah. You guys can like borrow that Wii of mine until Report cards come out. Which will be like mid october.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
the only reason this offends you is because you choose to be offended by it, not because there's anything wrong with saying it.
Everyone chooses what they're offended by. It's the very nature of it. I'm upset with my sexual identity being synonymous (even the same word usage) as a such a commonly used negative word and that it's used so carelessly by a good majority of our generation.

People use the whole "Oh, I say don't be such a jew to my friends when they're being stingy with money, and my Jewish friends say that's okay." Furthermore, I have a(n American) friend who makes 9/11 jokes all the time and wears a I (airplane) NY shirt around this time of year. Some people choose not to be offended by that and some people do. I'm a little off put by it honestly.

It's more a matter of language. People grow up not knowing the difference between the two things. You can't tell me that everyone who uses the word realizes a distinct difference and that there's no spillover between the two. Continued usage of the word only propagates continued ignorance no matter who says it. And I for one want to leave behind a world in which queer youth don't have to deal with such nonsense.

but ay that's my 2 cents. i'll try to remember not to use the word like that just for the sake of not being a douche bag (hey there's another term thats a product of language evolution ;))
And that's why you're still cool.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i hate chinks, gooks, slants, chinamen, etc.

is *** still censored on swf?
****ING OF COURSE THE ONLY ASIAN RACIAL SLUR THAT IS CENSORED IS
JAP

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Everyone chooses what they're offended by. It's the very nature of it. I'm upset with my sexual identity being synonymous (even the same word usage) as a such a commonly used negative word and that it's used so carelessly by a good majority of our generation.

People use the whole "Oh, I say don't be such a jew to my friends when they're being stingy with money, and my Jewish friends say that's okay." Furthermore, I have a(n American) friend who makes 9/11 jokes all the time and wears a I (airplane) NY shirt around this time of year. Some people choose not to be offended by that and some people do. I'm a little off put by it honestly.

It's more a matter of language. People grow up not knowing the difference between the two things. You can't tell me that everyone who uses the word realizes a distinct difference and that there's no spillover between the two. Continued usage of the word only propagates continued ignorance no matter who says it. And I for one want to leave behind a world in which queer youth don't have to deal with such nonsense.

And that's why you're still cool.
I would imagine that most people who use the word 'gay' in this way are not in anyway even considering the concept of homosexuality at all. It has become an alternate definition of the word. Which is why i find it weird that people get upset about it.
It's like if I got mad whenever someone called someone an "a$$ hole". DUDE I HAVE ONE OF THOSE ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT???

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i hate chinks, gooks, slants, chinamen, etc.

is *** still censored on swf?
****ING OF COURSE THE ONLY ASIAN RACIAL SLUR THAT IS CENSORED IS
JAP
It's kind of depressing, yeah, hah.

I wonder if there's a list of all the auto-censor'd words. I bet that'd be fun to see.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
they would have an asian slur censored.

i get offended when people try to analyze me.
it happens alot in montevallo.
i have neurological problems and twitch etc etc and dont really appear the way that i actually am feeling.

people think its like deep or comforting when they try to analyze you or act like they understand but i feel, maybe just in my case, that it is kind of disrespectful to the individuality.

blah art college rant

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
T1J - just don't say gay around Duchock. lol
Point thoroughly missed.

I would imagine that most people who use the word 'gay' in this way are not in anyway even considering the concept of homosexuality at all. It has become an alternate definition of the word. Which is why i find it weird that people get upset about it.
It's like if I got mad whenever someone called someone an "a$$ hole". DUDE I HAVE ONE OF THOSE ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT???
I would imagine that you're not thinking young enough. Kids grow up listening to what other people say. They pick up these things, and since sexuality isn't really something freely discussed among yunggins, they grow up with only that definition. And then as they grow up, a word comes along that is, well, the same exact word, only now it refers to men who like men.

For them, it's a backwards evolution. It's easier to repudiate its malice when it's the other way around, like for people of our generation. But our generation influences the next. And so forth and so on. It's a vicious cycle.

All that being said, I just don't want something I and lots of other people hold close as a self identity used on a daily basis as a put down. Saying it only encourages others to say it which propagates a hostile social environment (for me; ya'll breeders are still safe).

Purple

Hi guys!
Point thoroughly missed.
I thought the point of this was that you don't like the fact that your sexual orientation is the same as an negative comment or a put down? T1J's going to keep validating the fact he's insulting your orientation with the fact that some people are okay with it and some are not.

I just thought that instead of arguing he could just agree to not say it and it would be out of the way :embarrass

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I thought the point of this was that you don't like the fact that your sexual orientation is the same as an negative comment or a put down? T1J's going to keep validating the fact he's insulting your orientation with the fact that some people are okay with it and some are not.

I just thought that instead of arguing he could just agree to not say it and it would be out of the way :embarrass
I agreed to that in my very first post on the subject. thanks for your help though.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
LMAO, this convo is still going on...
My friends died at it.
'Bout to get really gay and go out for some lunchtime drinks and hopefully not get so Kevinfaced I fall out in a public restaraunt.

<3 Duchok
<3Kevin

Ok, now serious...
I guess I'll keep posting this til Russ gets on so he def sees it and knows why we aren't home yet.
Russ!!!!!!! I guess $20 or so will be good since you haven't had to do much. Btw, you don't have to check them everyday, totally your call.
Just add that litter and everything should be fine. If there isn't enough for all of the boxes, just add it to the bath litter box.

I know i just said we'd be back Wed. but

We're planning on spending the night in Ga again, so we'll leave from here Wed and get home Thurs by 6.
WE HAVE TO GET THE KEY SO MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS CHARGED SO I CAN CALL YOU WHEN WE GET BACK IN TOWN!!

J, do you still want to go to AWA?

Dnyce

Smash Master
was that necessary?

its not a matter of the year its a matter of the mechanics in the air. olimar sucks in the air, fact. metaknight excels at juggling people, fact.
olimar sucks at recovery, fact. metaknight excels at gimping, fact.
i dont really think these statements are disputable.
i dont know what that says about the matchup, but i know these statements are true.

Saying fact after a statement doesn't make it a fact, lmao.
I think you're confused. Olimar's recovery move sucks; however, his recovery in general is slightly above average.

Olimar isn't incredible terrible in the air either having yellow, red, and purple pikmin aerials that out space mk, marths, and in some-cases ike's sword range. Not to mention a high priority nair, and a frame 2 whistle-armor (and the generic aerial dodge).

The 2008 joke was his mentality, that olimar sucks in the air and his recovery is bad (which in 2008 it was). Metagame is a ***** ;o
Olimar's biggest weakness his is priority.
vVv, huh?

Is it worth it?
Not particularly imo, but I take what I can get ^^; I'm kinda low on the food chain compared to the other vVv smashers though.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman

My point was that, while I'm not particularly offended by it (I am a bit, but not to the point of hurt feelings to ***** about), using the word like that propagates a bull**** world. Is it that hard to live without the word and spare the degrading social norm it's established? Even at the least, it's subversion through language.

Anyway. Smash.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
algebra 2 is easy
ill do your homework if you pay me

also, you guys can count me in for AUSOM2 granted someone has some space in their car. big lou come to that ****.

i have implemented a smash hitlist. It includes everyone on both Alabama, and Georgia power rankings. my goal is to take a tourney set or money match from each of those players. holler *****es.

im thinking of hitting up amazon and copping a wii and barlw and maybe another game that doesn't suck and then getting on wifi and then getting beat by a scrubby pikachu and then getting pissed off and never getting on wifi again.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
how does a stupid grade in Algebra II make me a girl? wtf
xP it's a stupid class
Girls can't math.

algebra 2 is easy
ill do your homework if you pay me

also, you guys can count me in for AUSOM2 granted someone has some space in their car. big lou come to that ****.

i have implemented a smash hitlist. It includes everyone on both Alabama, and Georgia power rankings. my goal is to take a tourney set or money match from each of those players. holler *****es.

im thinking of hitting up amazon and copping a wii and barlw and maybe another game that doesn't suck and then getting on wifi and then getting beat by a scrubby pikachu and then getting pissed off and never getting on wifi again.
Every single word in this post has made me happy.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
So.... T1J needs to beat me before he takes on either PR list.

Just the other day I beat a wifi snake with my PT. I'm guessing T1J will equal his skill

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
snake is stupid on wifi, janitor.
easily best char.

its like all the chars that are SUPPOSE to have weaknesses for you to exploit have gotten so good at working with them that its kind of dangerous to actually exploit them. not to a HUGE degree but this applies to olimar having a bad recovery. i mean, what do you expect? im wario. i try not to get grabbed. olimar tries not to get gimped.
people arent joking around when they play not high tier chars.
usually i dont even try to gimp him.
probably never.
just go to the middle of the stage wait.

metagame is a ***** thats for **** sure.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I just realized that Janitor won't want to momey match because I use Lucario. No one ever matches a Lucario willingly ;_;

Also, Olimar is Kevin.
ill money match you

i want to fight your toon link a bit too. i have a theory that snake mega ***** toon link without a condom

Top Bottom