• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I see Marth as being better in the lolimar match up since he can short hop over the grab maybe. Like, from where I see it, Marth is gonna be better than snake because of his playstyle and you won't get ***** by being grabbed when trying to recover.

Gaycario is just a gay character. He rolls and doesn't afred of anything

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Olimar is so small that he can dash up smash your short hopped fair if You're close enough.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
snake kind of ***** lucario but its just an annoying matchup that its hard to not get frustrated in

olimar is just a *******.
mainly the fact that his hitboxes are not attached to his body. that disorients me its like what am i'm supposed to pay attention to?
olimar
the pikmin on me
the pikmin he's throwing

I ONLY HAVE TWO EYES

plus the fact that he doesn't have to be anywhere near to rack up damage to kill percentage.
i look up and i'm at 100% like wtf i thought i was punching them off.
and next thing i know i'm off the screen

Aloha

Smash Cadet
lol i mean yea he can rack up damage with out him touching you and yes kevin he has disjointed hitboxes! but he also can be gimmed easily if you miss a grab he can be punished severely! snake has 135 percentage no problem its probably equal to 65 on another character he can plant land mines and **** but u dont see me complaining so wtf? snakes uptilt is stupid good! thats why u see ally, fatal, utimate razer ,i mean high skilled players using live along time snake who you down spike him no problem he can just blow himself back onto the stage! come on guys play tha game quit whining! plus how many olis win tournys as appose 2 snake! exactly! i rest my case

Aloha

Smash Cadet
this game is suppose 2 be fun! im with lou opinion on metaknight ban? i dont care i just wanna play tha game!

Aloha

Smash Cadet
louis uses a ****ty chracter and yet he ***** high tier chracters! whenever he loses i ve never heard him say i lost b/c i have a midtier chracter ! cause he ***** olis hella betta than i am with pokemon trainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol i mean yea he can rack up damage with out him touching you and yes kevin he has disjointed hitboxes! but he also can be gimmed easily if you miss a grab he can be punished severely! snake has 135 percentage no problem its probably equal to 65 on another character he can plant land mines and **** but u dont see me complaining so wtf? snakes uptilt is stupid good! thats why u see ally, fatal, utimate razer ,i mean high skilled players using live along time snake who you down spike him no problem he can just blow himself back onto the stage! come on guys play tha game quit whining! plus how many olis win tournys as appose 2 snake! exactly! i rest my case
Olimars don't win tourneys because no one wants to play Olimar. No one wants to play a phaggy character.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
An "Ok" D3 =/= tournament efficient D3.
im sure i could get out of pools in a local tournament playing ddd, as kola hinted. and maybe win a couple bracket matches. obv i'm not gonna beat a PR ranked player with my ddd that i never practice. unless they play a character with a bad matchup. ddd's an OP character that's easy to play. "ok" with ddd is "good" with most any other character

but if I found the character fun to play I could sit down with him and learn his quirks and matchups. and i would probably do that, but i already play a character who's actually fun and more broken :)

but mainly just grab people and edgeguard. other than that just do regular brawl stuff.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
btw, Snake-Lucario is stupid. I'm serious when I say this. YOU CAN RUSH LUCARIO DOWN. It's ******** how bad his defense is.

Russ, get over here and Smash with me before I leave!
lucario's roll is too good to "rush him down". but i agree that camping him isn't the way to go

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Wario is good. He can do almost anything.

Aloha, people aren't whining about olimar. Olimar is harder to fight than he should be because you can't really attack him. The only opening you get is when you launch an unexpected attack or he misses a grab. You can't truly compare him to snake's bomb because that is just in one spot at 1 (2) times and you just have to aoid that area of the stage. You have to try to avoid olimar not to get ***** by a pikmin.

I need to play more Lucario. I need to see his full gayness so i can counter him with more bananas and not feel bad.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i am fully complaining about olimar. :mad:

its not that his attacks are disjointed

its that they are fully not a part of his body. so you have to separately watch for olimar himself (so you can hit him) AND his hitboxes...
and the hitboxes for the pikmin are like twice as big as the actual sprite on the screen.
he upsmashes by pulling a pikmin from behind him and throwing it upward. the pikmin is pretty much out of view for the first half of the attack. and the move is already fast
iono. same thing with grab. i can't see the **** coming because the pikmin is overlapped with olimars body for half of the move, and the grab hitbox appears to start before the grab animation starts wtf
not to mention the hitbox stays out fo like a whole second.

iono its probably just me. this character was made to piss me off.

Top Bottom