• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I live in Ozark, which is between Troy and Dothan. This place is suck.

I lose 10 happy every day here. Working is refreshes 80 or so Happy every day now though so it's good.

Before I got around with a lot of carpooling because I didnt trust my car. I still drive the same car, and the engine started knocking today, im taking it to a paleontologist tomorrow.

So I guess well see how that goes.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
what up scourge? why didnt you go 2 gamebox????? what happen to general mills?

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
i didnt know about it. i forgot to check up
we instead played games all day saturday and sunday and monday
I liked his name general mills but i think he might be changing his name to Mean Gene. his middle name gene. His fox is still pretty mean. he kind of chokes at tournies so he wanted to take a break

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
who do you main now kalm?
I'm still best with DK it looks like, but now Marth holds a place maybe above Kirby right behind him. TL, Pika, Ike, Sonic, Luigi after that, then the 10 or so other characters I love to mess with people could randomly guess.
Kalm AND Scourge post on the same day? Amazing!
"I agree." Kalm agreed.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Why are so many wanting to use Marth now? :( I can't win because of my opponents not having mu experience if this keeps up.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Marth was one of my favs in Melee and I just have always loved the character style. I eventually crossed whatever barrier with him that was holding me back right at the end of my Brawl career, but never got to really test him offline.

I'd main Ike to this day if he just wouldn't freefall after ****ing Quickdraw.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
marth has always been my secondary. i always liked him
i hate the snake and d3 matchups

looking for that marth ditto rematch Kola
Whats to look for? :p It will be easy practice for you if you spent your summer practicing.

Marth was one of my favs in Melee and I just have always loved the character style. I eventually crossed whatever barrier with him that was holding me back right at the end of my Brawl career, but never got to really test him offline
I'd main Ike to this day if he just wouldn't freefall after ****ing Quickdraw.
Eh? It isnt that fast is it?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Why are so many wanting to use Marth now? :( I can't win because of my opponents not having mu experience if this keeps up.
no johns i play snake
the matchup that EVERYONE KNOWS.

honestly, literally the only reason i picked up marth is because he's super fun.
and easy. and stylish.

i play against level 8 cpus sometimes just to get my fingers moving. i dont really play teh same as playing a person though. i usually just zerg the cpu with unending attacks just to warm up my stupid hands.

i dont play level 9s because they unrealistically powershield EVERYTHING.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah what happened to general mills!

yeah aloha, i beleive you cuz you get better by playing them.

show how to do that one day lol

idk man maybe you better than me.

lol

yo scourge you should go to ausum!
and lol no that comment was to aloha kalm.
i made the same kind of "if this comment is directed to me, wtf" post yesterday too. hahaha

nice1

Smash Lord
no nice 1 i would not agree people cant understand i practice alot that is all!
Lies its all lies wheres that replay ;)

slam all im saying is dont nock cpus they help me with timing and execution i mean i 2 stocked wills dk and almost beat his meatknight lol ! no trash talk 2 will! but i fell like playing cpus can be a sucessfull tool by playing a dummy on streetfighter. you know what they are going to do, but by practicing various combos you can see what works and what doesnt!
idk bout a cpu being a successful tool in SF. I'm still waiting for the guile cpu to do two fadc combos into FK U2

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also mahg i am like 10 people ranked above you on AIB GET AT ME!

i really wana try for playoffs this season.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Eh? It isnt that fast is it?

I'm not sure if you understand me or if I just didn't understand that. I'm speaking of how Quickdraw puts Ike into freefall state after aerial use. If it did not do this, then Ike would be able to

actually recover.

As far as fast goes. Quickdraw is the fastest thing there is. So much so I cam charge it at the edge of FD and youre dude (with the exception of the extra fast dodgers maybe) could land in the middle of the stage, sidestep, and buy yourself punishment with it if I react with proper timing. Then die at a moderate %.

Timing isn't that easy though. Also Ike can't recover.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
i am going to sleep my fellow alabamians good night, dont let the bed bugs bite if they do hit em with a shoe! excellence of execution has left the building!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i want to feel the glory of getting 1st place in a tournament

its like i BEAT EVERYBODY

get on my level and gimme my monies.

i am not afraid

I changed my sig. I FEEL IT IN MY BONES

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Slam, I'm proud of you but I keep losing any will to play wifail. I lost to a crappy Lucas today because I can't do anything on wifi.

T1J winning a tourney is a great feeling. Winning the very first tourney is also great as well.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm going to be stuck relying on wifi again for any experience, which sucks as usual. If only I can find some super good connections.

A boombox is not a toy.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
This just in: Cheap Peach places 3rd in a High School tournament. The winner was an AiB Fox/Link main. So both Jason and Russ have disappointed me with unnecessary losses. ;P

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Not true, I placed second to an AIB snake main, when there was one second lagtime due to playing on projectors. He has wifi experience while I do not. Also, peach is **** when there is any lag. I would very easily wrecked him without the lag.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I wondered why there were several more posts than normal since I checked this page earlier today, then I realized... Kalm is back.

Also, is anyone else playing the FF14 open beta? I made a character, died to a rat, and now my body is just sitting there and I have no idea what to do.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Hi Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch.

Oh God I forgot they were taking a second shot at an MMO. If its anything like the garbage first one, and you're not a ghost or whatever, you need to like release to a home point of whatever.

Or something.... that game probably will suck.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Man, I totally forgot about that HHS tournament. I still had work, but they let me off early tonight. Oh well.

Judging by Aloha's 9 posts in the Alabama thread today, he's soon to be #1 on the Alabama Thread Posting Rankings.

Someone should get into Worms with me. I'm going to get really good.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I had school. I was not at the tournament. Kola is trolling.

Russ sucks and should have gone Meta Knight. God, wtf, why weren't you there, Kola? You were supposed to go, win the 50$ gift card, buy Blazblue, let me borrow it, then I go win Blazblue tournaments, then I buy my own copy (again).

Aloha, you still have a long way to go before knocking anyone off the power rankings, but you might get there. You just gotta keep on trucking AND GET TO MY SMASHFESTS. You too, George! And George's Falco friend! And Kola's AiB friends that we mega-trolled during doubles! And Mahgnittoc! You too, Austin! You too, Kevin! We're all pretty close by too.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah but they are sf4 and random fighting game fests, not smashfests.
but i suppose if we get smashers over there then it will be smashfest.

i just lost 4 matches straight to wifi bs. not johning either.
i think im gonna be too pissed off to sleep tonight.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
yeah but they are sf4 and random fighting game fests, not smashfests.
but i suppose if we get smashers over there then it will be smashfest.

i just lost 4 matches straight to wifi bs. not johning either.
i think im gonna be too pissed off to sleep tonight.
We barely ever do other fighting games bc SSFIV sucks, nobody wanted to learn BB, and Matt took it anyways.

We have 3 tvs, I see no reason why we couldn't have other games up...but I know the communities are completely different from each other and get MEGA BUTTHURT when they even sense each others distinct body odors.

Smash is all we have up nowadays, except for the occasional Mario Party, and hopefully maybe some DKR one day.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow Huntsvillians or huntsvilliites or whatever u call us. point is lets hang out
You're in town? The best time to get smash done would be Thursday nights at Moogle's. If you can't make it for w/e reason I could throw a smashfest at my house.

And sup kalm.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Crystal Castles is :)

then the lead female vocalist sings something

then it's :/

Top Bottom