• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i have this weird thing in smash brothers where I'm obsessed with doing falling upairs. especially, falling through ledges doing upairs.
like if you ever play a match against me on battlefield, i will probably start the match by falling through the ledge doing an upair
i do it more in melee because you can L-cancel

marth is my favorite character to do it with. i like doing it with space animals and falcon/ganon too.

do you have any weird things like this

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Why would you need to get a hotel? And can't Russ just watch the animals?
Yeah, I'm gonna ask him if J decides to come.
And 9 hrs. is a long trip, sometimes I want to stop.

Zebro says he might go to a tournament instead, Seige, with Ally, M2K, etc.

Where is my avi Zero?
"Oh, I forgot something." Yeah, we figured it out.

-: Trey :- could have an avy but not Kora.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I got 2nd place at the 256 person smash tourney in Seattle.

I am out of practice.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
i have this weird thing in smash brothers where I'm obsessed with doing falling upairs. especially, falling through ledges doing upairs.
like if you ever play a match against me on battlefield, i will probably start the match by falling through the ledge doing an upair
i do it more in melee because you can L-cancel

marth is my favorite character to do it with. i like doing it with space animals and falcon/ganon too.

do you have any weird things like this
I like doing that too with Meta Knight sometimes. Problem is, if you try to do an aerial as quickly as possible while falling through a platform you just rise back up on to it with lag and no attack. Granted it's MK lag which is tiny, but not attacking as soon as I'd prefer is p. dumb.

I think I waveland too much in Melee, but I'm not sure, I'm not getting punished for it, but I might be sacrificing my options in doing so.

Would anyone in the Birmingham/Hoover area be interested in the prospect of picking up a character for the sake of helping others in learning the matchups? This could actually make our smashfests much more fruitful.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Still had some very good players show up. The guy who won claimed to be the number one on an Oregon PR. Some very attactive woman was an exceptional Game and Watch. Some dude brought a pretty good ZSS.

And yes, people in Washington State have heard of Reflex. But nobody else.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Still had some very good players show up. The guy who won claimed to be the number one on an Oregon PR. Some very attactive woman was an exceptional Game and Watch. Some dude brought a pretty good ZSS.

And yes, people in Washington State have heard of Reflex. But nobody else.
I raise my arms in triumph.

It's probably because of my matches with M2K a few months after the game came out, though. :/

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
but did you play anyone good? Like ppl on the Washington PR? Washington has a scene. I'm not trying to down your performance, but usually ppl who know little to nothing about the game will enter a tournament because they like it at a convention. That's why i'm not going to AWA. The majority of players are scrubs...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you should go to NC on the 18th-19th

it's right around my 21st birthday
plus there's a barlw tournament

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
but did you play anyone good? Like ppl on the Washington PR? Washington has a scene. I'm not trying to down your performance, but usually ppl who know little to nothing about the game will enter a tournament because they like it at a convention. That's why i'm not going to AWA. The majority of players are scrubs...
No, there were a lot of people who were aware of the smash scene in general and knew a lot more about famous smash players than I did. There were a couple from California, a few from the Washington scene (the peach I played there was much better than Cheap's peach, for example; the ZSS was almost as good as Elev8's [but not quite]; the metaknight/wolf guy who won the tourney claimed to be number 1 on some Oregon PR (I think on AiB maybe?).

I was surprised by the level of competition that I found. It was certainly levels higher than I expected. Note that I did not come in first. I came in second.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
no nice 1 i would not agree people cant understand i practice alot that is all!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Haaaaaaaa hahahahaha....

Haha! Ha! Hahaha..... ha!

I'm back everyone shut up, ignore my post, talk to me, ignore me, and tell me whatsup. But I dont give a crap about whats going on, so dont talk to me about that.

So whats goin on.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i missed kalm!

dude idk like...that was friendlies do you expect me to win every match and if i dont then youre better than me? hahah

dem cpus tho but frrl i dont see how you play them and get better, cuz you are doing good if i played cpus i would be trash.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Life? I just got that back here in these recent weeks with an apartment and then internet again today. Last couple years up until have been more like a nightmare than a life lol.

Anyone play Monster Hunter? Metroid OtherM sucks, and is awesome, too bad it sucks.
Cave Story is awesome. Something about drugs, then I wrote an insane story that is currently on Book 3 and has 100 pages and 9 chapters going so far. Later that day, I took a nap and got my crappy job back.
Also I bought an expensive Keyboard that I im learning to play, for great justice.

But enough about me, I dont make any sense. Tell me about yourself, do you like applesauce?........ Okay i think my random switch just turned itself off. We might be good now.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I missed slam!

and if the friendlies thing was directed at me then.... uhhhh..

shut up i hate you dont talk to me anymore you stupid jerk

but if not, then i love you and want to be with you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i remember when I used to think ganondorf was a good character in brawl.

god he's so bad

hi kalm come to tournaments beat nintendoboyy etc.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
slam all im saying is dont nock cpus they help me with timing and execution i mean i 2 stocked wills dk and almost beat his meatknight lol ! no trash talk 2 will! but i fell like playing cpus can be a sucessfull tool by playing a dummy on streetfighter. you know what they are going to do, but by practicing various combos you can see what works and what doesnt!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I would be very willing to come to tournaments, but only if I can manage my way to smashfests too, I dont want endure the frustation of super severe rustiness/inexperience.

But if so imma beat all of you

Y'know, at least once.

CPUs can help with timing thats said, but they can only help so much and its easy to form bad habits with them. Theyre great for learning new techs and getting muscle memeory and implenting stuff, but if youre already past a certain point in skill at the game theyre only useful for a warmup match if even that.

Kalm Opinion Time.

Top Bottom