• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I thought the joke was "bair shine" or "shine bair"

EDIT: Oh wait that's a joke from Palmer. >_>;

EDIT AGAIN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWfsmbpEVIg

Holy crap, I'm going to bed now. >_>;

EDIT EDIT EDIT: So far I came up with "Come **** Alabama, Please!", also known as CRAP. Yeah, get at me later.
Hahahaha, I love that!! When I read your previous post, I instantly remembered the "Up Throw to Lasers" idea. I like that one too.

CRAP is just perfect though. I don't think you can beat that one.

EDIT: EC vs. WC was insane!

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if I'm gonna go with it. nes n00b and I have been talking and he says it isn't a name that would get a lot of attention from OOS players.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I'm gonna go with it. nes n00b and I have been talking and he says it isn't a name that would get a lot of attention from OOS players.
FAP FAP FAP

It's viral.

"Yeah I'm going to FAP next summer :D It's going to be so epic like 100 people are going to be there with me!"

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ec v wc melee crews from genesis?

<_<

ec is super sandbagging

they sent in so many players randomly and it wasn't even ec's best

wc doesn't have as many powerhouses as it did back in the day.

Winnar

Smash Lord
ec v wc melee crews from genesis?

<_<

ec is super sandbagging

they sent in so many players randomly and it wasn't even ec's best

wc doesn't have as many powerhouses as it did back in the day.
What you mean to say is that nothing has changed at all since the dawn of time, right?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, all of EC was pretty lackluster. But that's just cuz SS showed up in the beginning and just wrecked everyone. M2K was definitely sandbagging. Either that, or he was just cocky. Probly a little of both. PC Chris wasn't there either.

I think EC got split since there was a South crew. WC had Hax, who is from Arizona. How is that WC if Florida wasn't EC?

Isn't DSW from Florida? Or am I mistaken?

EDIT: j00t, that does make sense. Perhaps Upthrow to Lasers would be better after all.

SleepyK

Yeah, all of EC was pretty lackluster. But that's just cuz SS showed up in the beginning and just wrecked everyone. M2K was definitely sandbagging. Either that, or he was just cocky. Probly a little of both. PC Chris wasn't there either.

I think EC got split since there was a South crew. WC had Hax, who is from Arizona. How is that WC if Florida wasn't EC?

Isn't DSW from Florida? Or am I mistaken?

EDIT: j00t, that does make sense. Perhaps Upthrow to Lasers would be better after all.
um, majist, you're soooo confused

hax is from NY

South was supposed to play EC in finals, but EC basically forfeited because the south crew was ridiculously stacked and we didn't even have all our top south players.
pc doesn't even play anymore lol.
EC wasn't exactly lackluster, but they sent in silly characters because it was clear that they would have won anyway lol.

j00t

Smash Champion
You're talking about AXE. He's a Pikachu player from Arizona. Hax is the Falcon player from NY.

SleepyK

axe is from arizona, which is included on the WC.
South is: Texas, Arkansas, Louisana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida.

on the boards, the souths are separated, but since the south doesn't have as many players as the others so they combine the two.

shiz is from florida.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
um, majist, you're soooo confused

hax is from NY

South was supposed to play EC in finals, but EC basically forfeited because the south crew was ridiculously stacked and we didn't even have all our top south players.
pc doesn't even play anymore lol.
EC wasn't exactly lackluster, but they sent in silly characters because it was clear that they would have won anyway lol.
Hell yeah South. Beat some ***!

SleepyK

iirc and afaik, this is how crews are usually divided. i might be wrong with the states north of texas and I'm not sure about new mexico, to be honest.

edit: also i am unsure about utah.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Dude, Winnar, I didn't even consider that scenario... "Going to FAP next Summer." XD

Cheap, >.> It's probably too late now. I had stuff that had to be done, sorry. 6:00 PM tomorrow? My apartment? Melee and Brawl?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
FAP all the way.

Where are you planning on hosting a tourney Will?
In Decatur, which is about 30 min away from huntsville but in a direction that's closer to bham iirc.

The venue is actually a korean restaurant with a large backroom(that functions the same as the gamebox store with computers and xboxes and whatnot). The main room is about as big as the TCS room and there's 3 small rooms attached to the main one.

SleepyK

oh snap korean place? if i go i'll try to bamboozle them into giving us free food

at least kimchi

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Decatur is a pretty good venue tbh. And a in a restaurant!? Does that mean food's catered?

Second order of comment: Is anyone going to Anime Weekend Atlanta this weekend from the Alabama area? I need to hitch a new ride on account of my previous ride leaving three hours before a Japanese test I have. (hint: they have the same test but they don't care). Apparently I'm the only one that realizes they're in college FOR A REASON.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
actualy it was just the extremely exaggerated commentary and crowd that made the crew battle fun to watch.

a good crowd can make anything interesting.

i dont think any crew battle is going to ever come close to being as tight as the EC vs WC battle from FC3

well i heard that FC6 one was good but for some reason that never made it onto the internet

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
FAP all the way.

In Decatur, which is about 30 min away from huntsville but in a direction that's closer to bham iirc.

The venue is actually a korean restaurant with a large backroom(that functions the same as the gamebox store with computers and xboxes and whatnot). The main room is about as big as the TCS room and there's 3 small rooms attached to the main one.
Where and when in decatur is it going to be? I dont live very far from decatur so i could make it and bring some friends as well. Name time place and date please

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
zero gamer.
i want to come to your house to smash tommorow. or whatever...
wait.
i may be getting drunk.
idk yet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kay guys, I've been busy, but I updated the Mobile tournament on Oct. 3rd.

First, I need to try and get a ballpark figure on who's gonna be there, so please tell me if you're coming. I also need set-ups, so if you bring one, it helps a lot.

Second, I've got a friend from AllIsBrawl (he's an Admin). Here's his profile. Anyway, he's from Mississippi (don't know if any of you know him) who's trying to find out about hotels and stuff. I'm going to go to the hotels and find out all the info this weekend and make sure their online info is correct. Travel and lodging plans would be good to know as I am trying to give him the hook-up.

Third and finally, I think there may be an influx of Mobile Smashers. I went to an uber local tournament at my University. It was managed poorly and I came in fourth because the D3 I was playing beat me in Sudden Death (I had the % lead!). Then I sandboxed my way to defeat against a Snake (the prize for third was some Manga I didn't care about anyway) and placed fourth. Anyway, there were about 40 people there and it was mostly due to a mass e-mail sent to the student body. I can send one, and plan to do so. Of the 40 there, there were alot of scrubs. There were about 6 good players there (Me, M3t, the D3, the Snake, an MK, a Marth, and the second best Falco I've ever seen) and I expect all of them to show with the exception of one who has to do something and only might make singles. In any case, it may have an influx of easily beaten people. I will need some help figuring out how to run pools because I've got no clue what to do if you guys show and as many locals show as were at that tournament. If it's a smaller number, then we're cool. In any case, the pot might be larger than I originally anticipated.

Anyway, set-ups is the important thing now.

With that out of the way, I have a question. I don't have any clue what's coming out, are there any movies worth watching coming to theaters soon?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Second order of comment: Is anyone going to Anime Weekend Atlanta this weekend from the Alabama area? I need to hitch a new ride on account of my previous ride leaving three hours before a Japanese test I have. (hint: they have the same test but they don't care). Apparently I'm the only one that realizes they're in college FOR A REASON.
Me, hahah.

Unfortunately, I'm not really in your area.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
FAP all the way.

This sounds pretty cool. Just let us know when you come up with a date because or college in Columbus, GA is having a tournament on the 13th/maybe 14th. If they decide to hold teams at our college tournament (in addition to the already planned singles tournament) then i will post this in the tournament listings, or at the very least mention it more to AL/GA guys.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Me, hahah.

Unfortunately, I'm not really in your area.
Thanks for your sympathy! But things worked themselves out. My friends who are being ***** are still being *****, so I'm not getting a ride from them. Instead, the girls driving up there volunteered to leave later so they could take me.

Men... Who needs 'em.

Also, Reflex, convince me to play in the Brawl tournament. Last year was fun, but it ate up ALL of my time... not that I'd be doing anything else.

Top Bottom