• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I just tested it out. It's the same exact thing, but with different controls. <___<
Lame...

In other news, I like Brawl more than I used to. :D
You're not alone, Cheap. :)

Also, it's my birthday. Yay me. :p

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just tested it out. It's the same exact thing, but with different controls. <___<
Lame...

In other news, I like Brawl more than I used to. :D
You're not alone, Cheap. :)

Also, it's my birthday. Yay me. :p
Happy Birthday! (if it really is your bday)

And play more melee, less brawl D:

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday Dan-gee arr. Seems like everybody's birthday is today.

I'm willing to give LasT smashery another try if there's anybody left in this state that plays that game.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd say I like both Brawl and Melee about the same. The difference is that I don't have to spend 2+ hours a day practicing Brawl to be around the same level as everyone else. I'm also given more time to think about what I'd like to do next, which lets me pick... interesting options I'll say :p, which in itself is enjoyable to me. That and I can play Brawl casually with my friends, because they enjoy it more.

Also, I enjoy watching some Brawl vids when I see the occasional one like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLAs1OsZ4c
Especially the end. :D

But yeah. I wasn't joking about my birthday. :035:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
no one's gonna come to last smash fake george.
you suck at running tourneys.

im up for any AL tourney.
i'm high guys.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Last Smash 4 goes well I'll consider giving the 5th one a shot. I'm not risking another flop though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's in Louisiana, iirc.

Click on the "Last Smash 4" banner Fakegeorge posted. It's a link to the thread.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Looked at it and it looked like a yes. Well it was a yes until i saw the two day thing now its a maybe but prolly not a yes anymore. Great im confusing myself. Guess ill sleep the confusion away

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Cheap, all of the tournies/smashfests I went to in NC (except the huge ones) were run at homes or apartments and they went along just fine.

Also, Bham wanna Smash sometime?
I've just never had good experiences with tournaments at houses/apartments. Oh well.

And yes, I would like to.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm hosting a Melee tournament in Huntsville sometime soon. Maybe I can convince Will_ to hold a Brawl/Melee tourney w/ Andy...

But anyways, yeah, I think I'm actually gonna do it this time. It'll probably be at the Holiday Inn in Huntsville. I'd have to have a venue fee (probably $5 each day) to pay for the reservation. It'd probably be in January before the spring semester starts.

What do you guys think about this?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm hosting a Melee tournament in Huntsville sometime soon. Maybe I can convince Will_ to hold a Brawl/Melee tourney w/ Andy...

But anyways, yeah, I think I'm actually gonna do it this time. It'll probably be at the Holiday Inn in Huntsville. I'd have to have a venue fee (probably $5 each day) to pay for the reservation. It'd probably be in January before the spring semester starts.

Probably since I'll be on winter break I'll be totally peachy with this actually :D

Will_

Smash Journeyman

I'd go. I was thinking of holding mine/andy's tourney around november so no worries.

Holding a melee tourney as well as brawl in our secret venue is fine as long there's enough setups. It's a TCS6 sized place with three extra rooms.

Majist

Smash Journeyman

I think it's safe to say anyone who lives in Huntsville would be willing to go without question. Do it.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I am in Hoover again, back home with my family - which is good for saving money, but not for much else.

j00t

Smash Champion
I think it's safe to say anyone who lives in Huntsville would be willing to go without question. Do it.
Haha. Well, I want it to be a regional tournament like TO5. I think a lot of people would be willing to come if it was advertised well.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the name. I think when I was talking about doing it back in 2007, I was gonna call it "Up Throw to Lasers 1" or some nonsense like that.

Top Bottom