• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
I need more information about this smash league thing.
bi-weekly tournaments in the ferguson game room friday nights from 9-12. Although with their current rules only those that showed up at the first one can compete in the rest...but I'm trying to convince them to change that.

And I hope we can have another TCS sometime. I was promised a 64 tourny :)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
bi-weekly tournaments in the ferguson game room friday nights from 9-12. Although with their current rules only those that showed up at the first one can compete in the rest...but I'm trying to convince them to change that.

And I hope we can have another TCS sometime. I was promised a 64 tourny :)
Their ruleset is dumb and stupid.

I will set out to destroy those rules.

I will make them wish they never thought up a ruleset.

I will crush them.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
@new tech: wait... what?
so i think AL has completely given up on brawl.
i will just go to georgia whenever i feel like playing i guess.

janitor call if you want to drink and play BB.

whoever wants to go with me to waba whenever it is can come.
idk man...

im going back to music if everyone else has given up on smash. i found some people.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
No that metaphor is completely lost on me your hair smells pretty do you like horses I play smash brothers.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so umm yeah ill go to waba on the 26th.
i aint ridin with no **** parent though lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i have to work every day in september.

and I'll have a melee tournament and a brawl tournament every month if you people come and let me make money off of them

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm sure my brother, duchock, or any UA smasher could reserve the venue, and have someone w/ a laptop run the tourny, if you really aren't up for it.

I'd pay 5$ for a tournament though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
that's something that you guys could have been doing lol
its not that i'm not up for it, its that i work EVERYDAY lul

and making money from the tournament would make it okay for me to take an off day because i'm still making money. i cant afford to take off otherwise (in most cases)

also that money could go to cool stuff like setting up a stream, more tvs/wii

and my door fee would probably be less, like $3

but serious you guys can easily reserve the room just like anyone else. anomalys the only one who seems have put forth any effort into that

i'm just saying if no one else will run an alabama tournament that's an option...otherwise i'll run one when i can :-D

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I've got law-school johns. I can't be buggered to put the time into getting the tourney off the ground when I got a bunch of other work to do.

I'll help once I'm at the tourney, of course, but prior I do not have the time.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
T1J, I'm trying to host a tourny on... maybe October 17th... Not a definite date yet...

Gonna be Melee and Brawl (Singles and Doubles) and one special side tourny (items, low tiers, 64, Blazblue, etc.)

I will also charge a 3-5$ door fee. Sorry guys, my family won't let me host a tournament unless there is some type of cash gained (Venue will be an apartment room).

_Keno_

Smash Lord
T1J, I'm trying to host a tourny on... maybe October 17th... Not a definite date yet...

Gonna be Melee and Brawl (Singles and Doubles) and one special side tourny (items, low tiers, 64, Blazblue, etc.)

I will also charge a 3-5$ door fee. Sorry guys, my family won't let me host a tournament unless there is some type of cash gained (Venue will be an apartment room).
I thought about holding my own, but it didn't work out, even in my head. I have pretty large basement with 3 bigscreen tvs and a projector, but I have a cooling problem, parking problem, and close food/drink problem, and probably a lot more problems. Imagine the disaster it would be in rl :psycho:

It just turns out that homes/apartments aren't very good for tournies. Play-n-trade and Gamebox are the only two facilities that you may could get to hold one. George is likely burned out of brawl over at Gamebox, and I don't know what happened to the playntrade place.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
LasT Smash 4

I know some of Alabama didn't have the best experience at LasT 3, and I think it was due to complications from me trying Swiss pools and weird stuff with pre-registration. Swiss pools are gone, Round Robin pools are in, pre-registration is out, and we've got two days to do this.

I really think you'll find LasT 4 to be a much more enjoyable experience. Take a look. If you see something you like, then I hope you give it a chance.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Look at the link to the thread in the details of the video.
Already did, it doesn't seem any different from normal pivot walking except instead of pressing the bottom opposite side corner on the c-stick you instead press the top opposite side.

How is this different? At all?

You move slightly farther/faster? Pivot walking is still completely useless. You have to set up to start using it, then your options during it are basically even more limited than just running and using your shield -> shield drop to stop.

Top Bottom