• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I'm so uninterested in this game right now, you're going to have to force me if you want me to host another tournament.

Also Cheap, if you're still planning on picking up your Wii today, I have no clue if anyone will be home until 5:00. I woke up at midnight, and everyone was mysteriously missing, and I felt lonely all night.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm so uninterested in this game right now, you're going to have to force me if you want me to host another tournament.

Also Cheap, if you're still planning on picking up your Wii today, I have no clue if anyone will be home until 5:00. I woke up at midnight, and everyone was mysteriously missing, and I felt lonely all night.
Why are so many people getting bored of brawl when I am actually starting to like it more than melee? :(
And yes, I am still coming to get it. 5:30 probably.

And if I got a ride from huntsvillians I could go to Waba (is that the monthly?). There is some melee there too, right?

Winnar

Smash Lord

Host a tournament, pocket the venue fee.

Everybody wins.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why are so many people getting bored of brawl when I am actually starting to like it more than melee? :(

And if I got a ride from huntsvillians I could go to Waba (is that the monthly?). There is some melee there too, right?
It's the monthly, and I believe it has Melee.

Handorin

Smash Hero

Because Brawl is a rather boring game. Unless you enjoy staring contest. DL brawl+ to your SD card and play it instead. (No modding needed)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Host a tournament, pocket the venue fee.

Everybody wins.
I wouldn't mind this, but the manager (unless george is the manager) and tourny goers might.

Because Brawl is a rather boring game. Unless you enjoy staring contest. DL brawl+ to your SD card and play it instead. (No modding needed)
Peach is far from boring in Brawl, she is actually just as exciting as melee peach. I wish other people would find fun characters instead of MK. And I don't doubt that B+ is fun, but its just got too low of a popluation atm.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm planning on trying brawl+ one more time soon.

I hope it's gotten better since the last two times I tried it. Boring as hell.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
cheap, she's not as exciting as melee peach, but she's exciting in different ways. BECAUSE OF DAT AAZZZZZ
and brawl really isn't a staring contest anymore unless you have wario dittos or something.

brawl's still not as exciting as melee by any means.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'll ask my parents about going on the 26 if Slam decides to wait another week to go. My dad did say he'd be willing to go and we drop him off at his friends house for the day.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Huntsville may be holding a tournament soon. Andy and I are preparing a super secret venue.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
cheap, she's not as exciting as melee peach, but she's exciting in different ways.
She actually is, have you played both? I mained melee peach, and currently main brawl peach. I guess its all opinion though.

Huntsville may be holding a tournament soon. Andy and I are preparing a super secret venue.
That would be awesome.

And what ever happened to those tiny play-n-trade tournies? Sure they weren't great, but they were good for experience...kinda.

I'll ask my parents about going on the 26 if Slam decides to wait another week to go. My dad did say he'd be willing to go and we drop him off at his friends house for the day.
I didn't completely understand that, but does this mean there will be a car leaving from b'ham to Atlanta with a parent? I can for sure go if thats the case.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I didn't completely understand that, but does this mean there will be a car leaving from b'ham to Atlanta with a parent? I can for sure go if thats the case.
And yes thats what I'm saying. I might drive down there if my dad ok's it. I'll just have to drop him off at his friends house near ATL if he goes.

SleepyK

idk it's a different kind of fun with brawl peach. but i'm biased with the "exciting" since i still feel that brawl is considerably slower than melee.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So besides a Venue whats it take to host a tourney?
I mean if it isn't hard I'd be more than happy to help George with the next Gamebox one.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont really care about SMASH that much anymore but i dont mind running tournaments my problem is that I work, like, EVERY DAY literally. my last day off was september 7th and i'm pretty sure i'm not off again until next month.

like i was gonna go shred faces at the lil smash shiznit in ttown but i decided to go get drunk instead.

i would feel bad if I pocketed the venue fee, seems wrong because there's literally no reason for me to charge one other than to just fill my pockets...but if you guys didn't mind me profitting from tournaments like I would have them way more often lul (and they'd be better..more tvs, recording, stream etc.).. .OPINIONS ON THIS

BLAZBLUE WHO WANTS TO PLAY
this game is so much better than smash bros. or maybe i'm just burned oout on mario and pikachu

Handorin

Smash Hero
Profit from venue fee is ok if you tell people.

Getting drunk is a horrible idea.

Blaz blue is legit.

j00t

Smash Champion
BLAZBLUE WHO WANTS TO PLAY
this game is so much better than smash bros. or maybe i'm just burned oout on mario and pikachu
If you ever say that again, I will literally run down to Birmingham (Not taking a break mind you) and slit your throat in your sleep.

The only reason BlazBlue is good is because it has one of the manliest characters I have ever seen in a fighting game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I played Brawl for about four hours today. Three with Calvin and one with my older brother.

I like Wolf.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
The first time I saw a 2D fighter in person was at a Brawl tournament with about 40 people. 30 of them were in a tiny room watching PacStrifer **** one after another in Arcana Heart.

As soon as I saw that he did a 134-hit combo I knew that 2Ds were awesome.

SleepyK

arcana heart isn't that good, even.
2ds are great. i wish i didn't suck at them.
also i prefer the bros because it's not a 2d fighter.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm not sure. Does AL host Smash tournaments anymore? :o

Melee Game and Watch for days, though.
I hear that there is going to be a major Brawl tourney (hosted by Will_) in Huntsville sometime. Nothing is definite though.

I think I would go just to get Melee GnW ditters with you. And to support my favorite professional smasher/Waffle House waiter Will_ :3

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Yeah I went...and I won with Link, haha. I enjoyed it though because I never get to play with ANYONE. That and it's kinda nice to beat people and make money even if they're not super awesome. Though I am going to try to convince them to use official tournament rules and run an actual tournament instead of a point system with one prize at the end of the semester...way too many problems with that.

btw they consider all the competitors at TCS to be smash gods, haha :lick:
I need more information about this smash league thing.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I think I would go just to get Melee GnW ditters with you. And to support my favorite professional smasher/Waffle House waiter Will_ :3
lol he didn't even look like me.

I mean if I had the ability to time travel I wouldn't use it to go back in time and serve myself waffle house chili.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why so many ppl pick bang either. >_>

It's not like he's good/has an easy learning curve or anything. He's 2nd from the bottom and has **** matchups with top tier outside of nu.

Top Bottom