• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Man I was fine with the picture until kalm had to point that out.

****in gross.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
funfact, chest hair originated with the white man. (probably due to the cold European/Icelandic winds
:-P) black people only have chest hair due to some white man boning a slave a long time ago or something like that

Will_

Smash Journeyman
That last match...w/o the gimps he probably could have rode that momentum to win the next match for the set win. :(

lol @ the little kids and their lack of chest hair.
Except George, because he probably has a full body afro.
He does. I was wondering why he was letting me hog the covers, so I turned the lights on and was greeted with a beast while I wondered where George went.

Winnar

Smash Lord
The commentary on that second match lmao

"Sorry for the silence, we're all just entranced by this sexy movement" XD

j00t

Smash Champion
God, that Shiz vs. M2K set was unbelievable.

The Fox match in particular... it inspired me to play Fox again.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
He does. I was wondering why he was letting me hog the covers, so I turned the lights on and was greeted with a beast while I wondered where George went.
My chest hair puts Zangief and Blanka to shame.

nice1

Smash Lord
yep and next stop is Final Round. Boy watching some tvc, MvC2, SF4, and others is gonna be epic as hell

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
That's a good philosophy to have really. And I love how hyped up those matches were with everybody screaming in the background whenever a combo started. That was great!

Will_

Smash Journeyman
whats an effective way to record commentary on a match

i want to do it at my tourneys :-D
hell yeah, that'd be awesome if we could get live commentary on matches like that. I'd try to get on the mic as much as possible.

ooo page 666

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im going all falcon in pools at the melee tourney *****es

i need to learn the kill %s for moves in melee, like I did in brawl

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i liked the last shiz match.
if he would stop following m2k to the edge everytime he knocked him off he'd have done alot better in it.
simple mistakes and getting excited.
his falco was the bomb.
i dont play melee... so stuff i say about it shouldnt be taken seriously.
i love watching it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I would recommend that you not pick up melee. The majority of the competition on the lower end of the learning curve has died out, you will find it harsh to practice at against those who have technical prowess at it and the best way for you to get better at melee will be to practice your technical skills first and foremost.

In teams, I focus on dismantling my opponents and helping my partner survive. That's called winning, baby. I think Andy and I have placed first in every doubles tourney we've had the pleasure of entering together except for one.

Best teammates for lyfe, son.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I would recommend that you not pick up melee. The majority of the competition on the lower end of the learning curve has died out, you will find it harsh to practice at against those who have technical prowess at it and the best way for you to get better at melee will be to practice your technical skills first and foremost.
That is not a bad thing for me at least.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i just like playing video games man
i wish people would stop caring about winning or losing and play an awesome video game
im pretty sure im a living example of this. haha.
i get ***** every tournament but i still drive and go to them and am active on the boards and play wifi every day and stuff.
my AiB record is 16-50 but i still play ladder.

i think most people would have given up by now. 3 tournaments and the highest ive ever got was 17th.
i think i suck alot more than the average smash player. and i have taken a long time to get better.
one day ill do good and be noticed...

but i f'ing love smash and the community. no amount of losses is gonna make me give up.

j00t

Smash Champion
i get ***** every tournament but i still drive and go to them and am active on the boards and play wifi every day and stuff.

i think most people would have given up by now. 3 tournaments and the highest ive ever got was 17th.
i think i suck alot more than the average smash player. and i have taken a long time to get better.

but i f'ing love smash and the community. no amount of losses is gonna make me give up.
I definitely wouldn't give up at that point, considering I've never made it out of pools at every tournament I've been to save the most recent one (I think I've been to atleast 5.)

Winnar

Smash Lord

Maybe you should stop playing WiFi.

That's what I did, I obviously got better.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master

1. Plays Brawl
2. Joined SWF in late '08
3. I've never met him
4. I like this guy

WTF, those first three aren't supposed to go together with that last one O_o

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

That's the best way to look at it.

I played Melee almost constantly since it came out. Got into the competitive scene in 2005-ish, and it took me at least a year before I was even decent at the game. I was basically handing people my money in tournaments...but I really love the community. I've made some great friends (and I'm still making them!) and learned a ton about a game that I really enjoy; the same holds true for Brawl.

You eventually become good when you have a love for the game and the drive to continue playing.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I can't play melee because X is my grab button in brawl and this leads to no end of frustration when I play melee.

No, really.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
This is the 10,000th post in this thread. Not the 10,000th reply. One of you other people can have that.

My philosophy when playing Smash is to never forget it's a game, whether money is on the line or not. Sure, I wasn't expecting to walk away with any money by playing Kirby in Melee, but I definitely feel like it made me a stronger player as a result even in other games.

Munkus, now you know why you never should have looked at that controller configuration screen.

Top Bottom