• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Winnar

Smash Lord
so who all is going to final round

adam you still drivin up there
Final round?

Also are there any tournaments going on any time soon?

Also also I've been uploading some more videos (only that one match, mostly just funny stuff)

Hm...guess I might as well upload something else :O

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Final Fantasy characters = everyone in smash now uses a sword = game ruined

also SquareEnix makes terrible games now, Id hate to see them take smash even furthur down the road of failure by making the graphics better, the music better, and the characters more idiotic at the expense of.... you know, fun

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I think we decided to cancel our Final Round plans because the door fee is ****ing $30 or something. The entry fee for Brawl singles is $20. I see no mention of Brawl teams either.

If you're having trouble against Zangief there are things you need to realize. You can't just jump in for cross-ups like you can on pretty much every other character. He's going to be zoning you the entire match, and if you jump into the range of his 360, you're screwed. It's best to try to keep him at the best distance with projectiles and either try to make him jump in or use a Double Lariat close enough to you that you can punish him for it but far enough away that it doesn't hit you. Zangief is all spacing.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Agreed. Three Toon Links all hitting with fair at once. I think this proves CPUs are all algorithms and can be manipulated.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be away for spring break during Final Round so not gonna be there. And yes those videos are quite entertaining Winnar. And the reason I don't like Zangief is because I use Fuerte exclusively and it's a really bad matchup: no projectiles, mostly grab specials, the fact that I can hit him with both supers and still do less damage than one grab by Zangief, etc. I can sometimes win by using sLAm's strategy of hit and run the entire time, but it's still difficult.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Final Fantasy characters = everyone in smash now uses a sword = game ruined

also SquareEnix makes terrible games now, Id hate to see them take smash even furthur down the road of failure by making the graphics better, the music better, and the characters more idiotic at the expense of.... you know, fun
I HATE SWORD CHARACTERS!
anyways... im still waiting to unlock megaman.

cutman would have been the ultimate projectile spammer in smash. it still would have been badass, but i have to admit i probably wouldnt use him.
i want protoman or the girl from Mischief Makers.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Mischief Makers would be win all over my face

Shake shake!

T1J blue name whut

my documentary is long

Winnar

Smash Lord
kalmx13: bout to post my synopsis
winnarisyou: :o
winnarisyou: AGH
winnarisyou: OH GOD
winnarisyou: WHAT IS THIS
winnarisyou: EXPLOSION OF TEXT
kalmx13: indeed

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Man that is really long what kind of loser would post so much it's almost like it was a big deal to him or something.

Winnar

Smash Lord
XD And I read almost all of it anyway.

Hey, if I hosted a tournament in Starkville, how many of you would come? Honestly D: Or maybe I could hold it where TCS usually is? I dunno how I would even go about holding one there though @_@ Also I don't know if that's like Janitor's thing/place to hold tournaments and arararar I just want another tourney that isn't 5 hours away and 50 dollars :(

</cry>

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm game as long as I can get a ride, so the important thing is timing, not so much placing. As long as people in AL aren't completely tied up in a million things it should be good.

I'm glad you enjoyed it overall, I might actually edit it one day.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Man, I feel like I should one up t1j and get a red name somehow. I don't care enough about Smashboards for red names, though.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if i had my own house id let you live with me :D
but... that wont be for like.. until i graduate college.
wanna live under my bed in my dorm room this august?

****, i wish i couldve gone to the tournament though. although im positive i wouldnt make it out of pools... like i always dont. i may write a blog sometime about how much i practice and how i always freeze up and choke and hate myself after tournaments. and how much i hate my inability to stay consistant in just about every aspect of life. espicaillly smash.
but i actually read the whole thing.
btw dittos are always win. :D

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
XD And I read almost all of it anyway.

Hey, if I hosted a tournament in Starkville, how many of you would come? Honestly D: Or maybe I could hold it where TCS usually is? I dunno how I would even go about holding one there though @_@ Also I don't know if that's like Janitor's thing/place to hold tournaments and arararar I just want another tourney that isn't 5 hours away and 50 dollars :(

</cry>
HAVE A TOURNAMENT IN BIRMINGHAM AT GAMEBOX!!!!!!!!!
lol
i want another tournament there. i like that place and its only 40 minutes from where i live. as opposed to 3 hours like tuscaloosa(including time to get lost and eat arbys)

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
HAVE A TOURNAMENT IN BIRMINGHAM AT GAMEBOX!!!!!!!!!
lol
i want another tournament there. i like that place and its only 40 minutes from where i live. as opposed to 3 hours like tuscaloosa(including time to get lost and eat arbys)

takes me about 5 minutes to get there. :p we really do need another Gamebox tourney.

nice1

Smash Lord
if they finish singles on time then they'll do teams but pb&j said chu dat and m2k supposed to be comming

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Every weekend. <3
Being serious, er April sounds fine actually. April of 18th would be my guess.
April 4th is ACT, April 11th is saturday after prom. So if we have any seniors from school going to it they might not attend. :p so um yea.
I'm fine with april. I need to play humans... :psycho:

Any time is good actually, including tomorrow, or the next week..or the next week...but just not the week after that.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
When do you guys want a tournament? I was considering April.
can we have one for march and april?
end of march ad middle of april?
lol.
i love tourneys. i want tourneys. i want alabama tourneys. so i can go to them.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh ****.

hey ref... you wanna try to head up to kalm's place on sunday??????
its kinda last minute but, ya know. :D

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Man, I feel like I should one up t1j and get a red name somehow. I don't care enough about Smashboards for red names, though.
in all honesty, we probly could use a GOOD moderator around here.

Would anyone be up for having a smashfest tonight? Munkus is in town and I actually feel like smashing. We're going to see Watchmen at 6:20 at the Monaco (prive seating yayuh!!) but after that I don't think we have any plans.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
in all honesty, we probly could use a GOOD moderator around here.

Would anyone be up for having a smashfest tonight? Munkus is in town and I actually feel like smashing. We're going to see Watchmen at 6:20 at the Monaco (prive seating yayuh!!) but after that I don't think we have any plans.
Watchmen ftw. I saw it last night at Madison Sqaure 12, and it was awesome.

If there's ever a good Huntsville/Madison smashfest Majist, I want to play you. I only got to play you in doubles in the Tuscaloosa tourney.

Top Bottom