• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Dan, I don't know why you get ridiculed for being in high school. To me, that's the centerpiece of the competitive gaming demographic. Especially for a game like Smash. Coach once told me that in a certain PC RTS, players retire at 25 and I'm pretty sure he was being serious.
Korean Starcraft pros are mostly high schoolers and they get all the bitches and fangirls.

The smash(specifically melee) community is one of the most defined competitive gaming groups of all time. They are generally amiable and enjoyable to play with at the local level while becoming cliquish at larger events. The community remains as the major reason I still play smash.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
its satisfying for me just to have the ability to move around the stage fluidly.
i may not be able to play like the pros but I can at least look like it. :-D
That's my favorite part of melee too, and probably my main problem with playing brawl and having fun at the same time. I just feel so limited with movement. It's like... I can't waveland off or on these platforms, why are they even here??

haha thank you.
i think i was in your pool at the first tourney i ever went to. i sucked sooooo bad. i think it was vulcan 2 or something i dunno. you had a luigi.
i remember you saying "playing the lottery is like playing brawl so this whole thing doesnt matter" and thats why i remember you. i was like a free win back then.:psycho:
lol.
Haha, yeah, that would be me. I vaguely remember that pool, I think there was a Zelda (pops?), a Lucas, and that's all I remember really. I mainly remember playing Melee with J00t and T1J and Mookie.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Solution for everyone that wants to move out: Let's get a big apartment and play Smash Bros. all the time. Maybe we can get the floor underneath Andy's apartment.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
All of that almost sounds like a good idea. Then we could all take over a nearby business or something.

*Full House music plays*

j00t

Smash Champion
That's my favorite part of melee too, and probably my main problem with playing brawl and having fun at the same time. I just feel so limited with movement. It's like... I can't waveland off or on these platforms, why are they even here??

Haha, yeah, that would be me. I vaguely remember that pool, I think there was a Zelda (pops?), a Lucas, and that's all I remember really. I mainly remember playing Melee with J00t and T1J and Mookie.
GOD I WANT TO PLAY MELEE NOW!

...Thinking about seeing everyone again (possibly) at the Tuscaloosa tourney makes me want to play Melee for hours and hours.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i am moving into the arpartment if you can get one.
screw college. id rather play smash all day.
i will sleep under the wii if there is no more room. trust me. i can do it.

if the apartment doesnt work out... who lives by montevallo that plays? MAGH dont you live in alabaster?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to herb but I doubt I can.

herd u like chrono trigger, final fantasy, ninja gaiden, the joker, detective conan(case closed), naruto, megaman, etc.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
oh cool, i think i will make some of those. i have photoshop.
everyone's joking, but george and adam if you guys seriously need/want a fourth roomate and it wont cost a lot consider me

Will_

Smash Journeyman
They're texture hacks btw. You download the code to your homebrew channel and captain falcon becomes ninja gaiden or bobobo or venom, etc..

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I seriously doubt it's gotten to the point where you can do texture hacks with simple run of the mill homebrew and a normal game disc. Last I checked, you need to change files to get it to work. Someone get me a hack that exchanges black and white Kirby with the colors from Ninja Kirby, and I'll work on getting a disc of everyone's favorites burned.

Hello Kitty Snake is also mandatory.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
No, you're right George, it's more complicated than what I said. I was just guessing the gist of it from what I heard from friends on another site.

But Detective Conan Ness would make me play him way more.

Top Bottom