• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you can't jab or tilt someone who's consistently across the screen from you, and nothing beats sonic's b moves, the most you can do is clank with it. a well aimed grenade beats sonic's b moves, but that's circumvented by just rolling along the ground

and you can't blow up someone who spends most of his time either moving very fast or springing in the air in the air

the main weakness in that playstyle at least against snake is the fact that he always always rolls after doing d-air.

i switched to rob and did better, but it was just a huge campfest that ended with time running out

Wine

Smash Cadet
****it i wish i could change my username...i guess im gonna make a new account... i made this account when i played by that name and its really dumb.. im nu, i main lucas.. maybe you know who i am? dunno..anywaysssss

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I don't play Sonics... The matches are just boring

And Wine, I'm gonna see if I can go. My parents are just so **** protective.
Don't tell them you're going to a smash tournament. Tell them you're getting laid or something.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lol, maybe once in a while, nice1.

I'm gonna go get laid to day Dad! Don't worry, it'll last from 1 to 9 pm. And I have about $50 for condoms.
If your dad doesn't high five you after that I'd be extremely surprised.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
you can't jab or tilt someone who's consistently across the screen from you, and nothing beats sonic's b moves, the most you can do is clank with it. a well aimed grenade beats sonic's b moves, but that's circumvented by just rolling along the ground

and you can't blow up someone who spends most of his time either moving very fast or springing in the air in the air

the main weakness in that playstyle at least against snake is the fact that he always always rolls after doing d-air.

i switched to rob and did better, but it was just a huge campfest that ended with time running out
Ok then. I really don't know much about how to play as Snake. I just figured his d-tilt would get Sonic when he is speeding around. I also thought you'd be able to boost smash him when he does that or even shield camp. But I'm not a Snake player; that's your forte.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
>.< I gotta try harder to convince my mom! I almost had her by telling her I'd take my lil sis to a girl scout thing at the University.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
:p My problem won't be getting to the tourney Wine, just getting back from it. :X and I doubt I'll be ok staying at a strangers house. Oh and Cheap, you said you go to Vestavia. o: I went there last year. Would you have happend to have heard of a Freshman with the name of a Chocolate product from anyone you know there?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447

Sonic's Spin Charge and Spin Dash have terrible priority, almost everything clangs with or overrides it completely. Sonic also has a stupid jab, so stupid you can interrupt it with your own jabs unless Sonic is right in your mouth when he uses it, in which case you may only have time to shield it.

Planting grenades everywhere along with mines and C4 is hard for Sonic to face.

Good Sonic's may always roll after a Dair, but great Sonic memorize when the move auto cancels and laughs at you for trying to punish a roll while punishing you instead.

The difference between beating Sonic and Losing to him is simply knowing the matchup. The more you fight him the more you get used to him, other than that Sonic has become one of the characters that will **** you the hardest for not knowing how he works.

So, here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQrlkAMzKI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuTXs...eature=related

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if that sonic would have used more b moves he would have almost never gotten hit by any of snakes moves

everytime he used forward b he instantly gained momentum. and when he started doing stuff like dash grabbing and and aerials he started getting blowed up

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
UpB is just a mindgame, and it's predictable. If Sonic Dairs too close to the ground, there's your chance to punish right there, learn how to punish it. If he Dairs higher up, it cancels and he's unpunishable, learn how high up that is. If he doesn't Dair, all the can do until he hits the ground is A attacks and dodge, this is your chance to set up your crap, or move in on him and punish Airdodge lag, since it's not that hard to out priority his regular attacks.
ROB does own Sonic better than Snake, but Snake v Sonic isn't some kind of 70-30 matchup like you make it sound like it is. Spring sure isn't a shuttle loop either lol. Sad thing is that I don't even know who this Sonic is, Boku? What's his SWF tag? I've actually fought better Sonics than this guy, using him as much as I do helps a lot too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
lolno

10char
>_>

Given all of Snake's dangerous options, it is not realistic to say that a person can anticipate it easily. The sheer speed of it makes it incredibly hard to catch if the stage is longer.

Sure it doesn't have crazy priority, but it has quite a lot of speed to deal with. Plus, up to three potential hitboxes.

It's a serious pain. Snakes need to do this more often.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
is that a friggin falco with a friggin laser beam attached to its head!?

well, thanks to the army ******* my brother over, he won't be coming home until the 13th. looks like i may be going to t-town after all. hopefully it won't rain....

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
mortar slide is pretty impossible to punish, but i think its overrated, its basically a dash attack in a shinier box. no one ever gets hit by the mortar unless they're st000pid...and in most cases I prefer a regular dash attack because it puts you in a good position to follow up with a dash grab, uptilt, or f tilt depending on the character and the percentage. its good after you've knocked your opponent away and want to get back in they're face really quickly. i use it rarely just to mix it up, but imo these snakes that basically spam mortar slide back and forth aren't really accomplishing anything
if mortar slide's hitbox lasted through the whole dash like falco's forward b, then it would be a sick move.

@ kalm, upb isn't a mindgame, its a camping tactic that impossible for snake to punish.
everything about Boku is predictable lol, he uses spin dash, upb's dairs and rolls away. every time, basically. as I said, basically the only thing I can figure to do is punish that roll since I know its coming. sometimes he mixes in other things but thats basically it. maybe I have poor timing, but sonic is too fast for me to try and time explosives, he's also fast enough to run or roll and way and charge spin dash before I can land any jabs or tilts, and the best I can do is clank his b moves

im not really saying that sonic counters snake. but I believe he has the ability to camp the match until time runs out.
but I doubt i"m playing snake against sonic anymore so
no good sonic will dair close enough to the ground where he has all that lag, ever. and this particular sonic ALWAYS daired after upb.
i'd rather fight mk than sonic with snake. holding a grenade actually works on shuttle loop

Will_

Smash Journeyman
if snake stays unpredictable w/ DAC (while doing everything else snake does) it's basically unpunishable. it kinda depends on your character, though.

will, lisa and evan said hi
cool, tell them I say hi back. and give me your number again, my #'s didn't carry over to my new phone.

Wine

Smash Cadet
if snake stays unpredictable w/ DAC (while doing everything else snake does) it's basically unpunishable. it kinda depends on your character, though.

cool, tell them I say hi back. and give me your number again, my #'s didn't carry over to my new phone.
gahh i meant tina not lisa >.> sorry tina.. its 205-215-6739

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lmao I was wondering who Lisa was. k, got your #, thanks. Tell me how the tuscaloosa tourney goes.

Wine

Smash Cadet
i will...dude i wish i could see the crew match in philly, that thing is gonna be so epic.. who is m2k gonna crew with? does he have friends? lmao

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i will...dude i wish i could see the crew match in philly, that thing is gonna be so epic.. who is m2k gonna crew with? does he have friends? lmao
He has a crew.

Also, he was trying to convince me to team with him two days ago. I respectfully declined, since I'm teaming with Calvin this weekend, like I usually do.

Perhaps for a future tournament.

Top Bottom