• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Sensai, you guys should come back soon. Had I known you'd be here, I'd have chosen you over T Pain. Big Spring Johns. In other news, STYX kicked ***. Ask Majist.
jesuschristjesuschristjesuschristSTYXfackingrockedomgmarymoses

Why the hell did you go to T Pain over smash???? Did he suck really hard? I heard he sucked really hard.

STYX was awesome omg. What made the concert even better was the drunk middle-aged women dancing right in front of us, lol. And that big guy, who was also right in front of us, kept farting:urg: BUT IT WAS A GOOD CONCERT

EDIT: in other news, the members of Kansas are old and fat now, but they played very well on Saturday. The lead singer couldn't hit the high range stuff he used to though :/

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Shinedown wrecked at the concert though. They are insane to see live. Too bad Avenged Sevenfold couldn't make it.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Shinedown wrecked at the concert though. They are insane to see live. Too bad Avenged Sevenfold couldn't make it.
i know!! i was really upset about that. their excuse was something lame and unacceptable too, like a couple of the band members got sick or something. boo friggity hoo

where were you at Shinedown? I was right in front of the tent with all the soundboards. I wanted to get closer but the ladies with me were lame and have a personal bubble the size of my house :/

Yes, Rob. Lindsey was laaaaaaame

HolyChef

Smash Ace
well the excuse wasnt that lame. shadows from a7x has always had problems with his voice and i heard hes even had to have throat surgery in the past. it kinda sucks to cause i plan on going to bayfest where they were supposed to perform too. o well ive already seen them perform live, just not their newest album.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
where were you at Shinedown? I was right in front of the tent with all the soundboards. I wanted to get closer but the ladies with me were lame and have a personal bubble the size of my house :/
I was around the giant left speaker(facing the stage). I don't need my ears to play smash, so I'm alright with not being able to hear for a bit. X}

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow. I had forgotten how ****ty it is getting the Wii online. ****, Nintendo...seriously, if you're going to give us something that's 'wireless' make it not suck.

I know. I've gotten it to work on my home networks just fine...but at college? Forget about it. It's not like I even wanna play online (elohel @ Wii's online capabilities), I just wanna ****in' buy Megaman 9.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Uh Sensai, I hate to break it to ya, but connecting a wii to a college network is a load of **** because uh...the college network is ****.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Uh Sensai, I hate to break it to ya, but connecting a wii to a college network is a load of **** because uh...the college network is ****.
I managed to get mine online, but I had to go spend 20 bucks on a wired connection. Given that wired is much better in terms of performance, it still angers me.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I had forgotten how ****ty it is getting the Wii online. ****, Nintendo...seriously, if you're going to give us something that's 'wireless' make it not suck.

I know. I've gotten it to work on my home networks just fine...but at college? Forget about it. It's not like I even wanna play online (elohel @ Wii's online capabilities), I just wanna ****in' buy Megaman 9.
is Megaman 9 out already!?

crap, someone help me get my wii online. it refuses to connect to my network unless it's unsecure.

it sucks being a noob sometimes

j00t

Smash Champion
My new mains in Melee are "Everyone I can Moonwalk with." This includes Bowser. I'll show you guys on Thursday. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Link dittos? :-D

Also I played online on campus as decently as you can play brawl online--for the most part-- it was ******** that I had worse lag with munkus who was about three minutes away than people across the country.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
t1j's list of favorite dittos in melee

1. falcon
2. fox
3. link
4. roy

t1j's list of least favorite dittos in melee

1. ice climbers
2. peach

i actually don't mind jiggs dittos as much everyone else

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
kevin what times do you have free on tuesday/thursday?
after 6 basically.

@ holy chef that sig is awesome

at everyone who has/will have brawl videos online. I'm considering making sort of an "instructional" video for Brawl, and I was going to use videos of people i know to avoid complications. so if you do not want me to use any of your videos (in which I may use you as an example of what to do OR what not to do) please tell me :-D

Sensai

Smash Master
No no no, my internet connection is actually...well, not great, but passable. I'm not sure why, but it's not too bad.

The problem is connecting. Get all those error codes and what have you. I think I may have found a solution, but we'll know tomorrow.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
As promised:

NES:
Adventure Island II
Adventures of Lolo 1 2 & 3
Archon
Batman
Battle for Olympus
Blaster Master
Bionic Commando
Bubble Bobble
Bucky O'Hare <-it's like BattleToads, but for mortals...
Burger Time
Captain America and the Avengers
Castlevania III
Crystalis
Destiny of an Emperor
Deja Vu
DuckTales
Excite Bike
The Guardian Legend
Holy Diver
Journey To Silius
Kid Icarus
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
The Magic of Sheherazade
Maniac Mansion
Marble Madness
[Mega Man game of your choosing: II, III]
Metal Gear
North & South
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
Punch Out
Qix
Rygar
River City Ransom
Shadowgate
StarTropics
Stinger
Super Dodge Ball
Super Spike V'Ball
Swordmaster
The Three Stooges
Tombs & Treasure
Willow
Wrath of the Black Manta

SNES:
7th Saga
ActRaiser
Aladdin
Brain Lord
Chrono Trigger
Cybernator
Demon's Crest
Disney's The Lion King
Do-Re-Mi Fantasy - Milon's Adventure
EarthBound
Earthworm Jim
Earthworm Jim 2
Equinox
Flashback
Lost Vikings
Out of this World
Pocky & Rocky 2
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
Secret of Mana [and or it's sequel]
Secret of the Stars
Shadowrun
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Sparkster
Spiderman and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Star Wars
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Return of the Jedi
Tales of Phantasia
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Genesis:
Batman
Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
Disney's Aladdin [different from the SNES version]
Gunstar Heroes
Jurassic Park [it's fun to play as the raptor for little bit...]

N64:
Sin & Punishment
Starfox 64

[I tried to avoid the totally obvious, like Square and Nintendo titles, whenever possible because everyone else is going to recommend them anyway]

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Right on Sk8ordie, some of those games ive never played myself and i prob never will just for the fact that i dont dabble with ROMS and such anymore and plus i dont have my Wii so throw that out the window. I'll take your list to trust though cause you seem to know alot of games too XD.

3GOD

Smash Ace
NES
Faxandu
Legacy of the Wizard

N64
Ogre Battle 64
Jet Force Gemini

Each of these games is epic.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
NES
Faxandu
Legacy of the Wizard

N64
Ogre Battle 64
Jet Force Gemini

Each of these games is epic.
Good picks. I own Faxanadu and totally forgot about it. I trust that Ogre Battle is good, as it was made by ATLUS.

Incidentally, I just bought Song Summoner for my iPod and I must say it's a total bargain. A game that would cost $25 on the DS costs $5 for iPod. Just sayin'.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Good picks. I own Faxanadu and totally forgot about it. I trust that Ogre Battle is good, as it was made by ATLUS.

Incidentally, I just bought Song Summoner for my iPod and I must say it's a total bargain. A game that would cost $25 on the DS costs $5 for iPod. Just sayin'.

I used to have Jet Force Gemini, good pick i probably would have never though of that game.

Also I just downloaded Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2. Come on you know you liked it :-D

Guys I'm thinking throwing a Brawl tournament either late October or in November.

i know attendance has been bad, but I'm going to try again with just the one game.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
there doesn't seem to be many playstation fans among you guys. its my favorite console actually. one entertaining game on the playstation was UmJammer Lammy (which is basically a rock version of Parappa the Rapper), it had awesome music on it. (so did both versions of parappa)
anyway, this is my favorite stage from that game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtCL5pgevEM&feature=related
[/random]

Sensai

Smash Master
OK...Megaman 9 is good. Not really really good, but pretty **** good.

It's not TOO hard til the end (or at least, what I think is the end). Definitely worth the 10 bucks, though.

[Edit:]

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
there doesn't seem to be many playstation fans among you guys. its my favorite console actually. one entertaining game on the playstation was UmJammer Lammy (which is basically a rock version of Parappa the Rapper), it had awesome music on it. (so did both versions of parappa)
anyway, this is my favorite stage from that game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtCL5pgevEM&feature=related
[/random]
not so. i greatly preferred the PlayStation over the Nintendo 64.

j00t

Smash Champion
God Sensai, that was amazing. I laughed in the middle of a computer lab due to that.

<3 all around

Top Bottom