• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
You like speed runs you say?

Anyone played Cave Story?

>.>
I've heard good things about it, bringing back the retro feel, etc... but when I downloaded it and tried to play it, it would crash my system 10 seconds into the play field.

Also, did you know it's coming to WiiWare? That should make you happy~

Majist

Smash Journeyman
jesus dude, do you seriously feel the need to whine about nothing every time you post? all you gotta say is, "i'm going"

stop with the emo bullsh*t

btw, what is impact clash?

j00t

Smash Champion
jesus dude, do you seriously feel the need to whine about nothing every time you post? all you gotta say is, "i'm going"

Well, can't say I disagree with the man.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772

What this guy said. My God, stop being Captain Passive Aggressive on the S.S. Waaaaaaahmbulance.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I've heard good things about it, bringing back the retro feel, etc... but when I downloaded it and tried to play it, it would crash my system 10 seconds into the play field.

Also, did you know it's coming to WiiWare? That should make you happy~
Yeah I've heard but I'm hoping they aren't going to butcher it or are planning to rob Pixel(creator), cause I'm still doubtful that Pixel actually approved of the port..

btw where did you download it, I could probably find you a better place to download it and it may work.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've heard but I'm hoping they aren't going to butcher it or are planning to rob Pixel(creator), cause I'm still doubtful that Pixel actually approved of the port..

btw where did you download it, I could probably find you a better place to download it and it may work.
I think WiiWare is pretty true to the designers. The makers of Defend Your Castle, from what I could tell, had no problems with the process.

And I think I downloaded it at least from 2 sources, but I'm pretty sure it was http://www.cavestory.org/ but this was during the summer, before they changed the layout. But the thing is that my computer is dead. Dead dead. A new motherboard is on the way, but 3 day shipping is only so fast on the weekend. I'm using my roommate's laptop to stall my suicide in my WoWless state. But I might try it on this computer. It's not like I have anything else to do...

-Chad-

Slackerator
I think WiiWare is pretty true to the designers. The makers of Defend Your Castle, from what I could tell, had no problems with the process.

And I think I downloaded it at least from 2 sources, but I'm pretty sure it was http://www.cavestory.org/ but this was during the summer, before they changed the layout. But the thing is that my computer is dead. Dead dead. A new motherboard is on the way, but 3 day shipping is only so fast on the weekend. I'm using my roommate's laptop to stall my suicide in my WoWless state. But I might try it on this computer. It's not like I have anything else to do...
Well, look at the videos of the port...I don't think I'm going to like it...it's not going to feel the same. They've changed the music and how things look, and the sound effects as of right now are god awful. I seriously hope it turns out okay...

Also try downloading it here http://www.shii.org/pixel/cavestory.zip

Should work no prob.

Sensai

Smash Master
Serious matter, gentlemen: I have discovered that my roommate did not own a SNES, and thus never played any of the amazing games from it. I've got him working on Super Metroid and soon afterwards SMRPG...but I need more. Thoughts?

Roommates Bloshi, mind you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i got red ring'd of death like three months ago

i should probably send my **** in

btwizzle. i'm dissapointed that you dont get a new status for 2000 posts.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So I downloaded the Proto Man DLC for Mega Man 9, and if you were missing slide, charge shot, a reflective shield, and Proto Man's whistle, they're all there. :)

Oh, and two times damage and knockback from enemies, and you can only have two shots on the screen at once.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I have 45,000 posts at PA.

I wonder if there is a special title for 45,000 posts here.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Serious matter, gentlemen: I have discovered that my roommate did not own a SNES, and thus never played any of the amazing games from it. I've got him working on Super Metroid and soon afterwards SMRPG...but I need more. Thoughts?

Roommates Bloshi, mind you.
Those are excellent choices to start with. I'll just give you the list of games that i own.

*ahem*
SMRPG
Super Metroid
Breath of Fire 1 & 2
Secret of Mana

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II & III

Super Mario World
Illusion of Gaia
Robotrech
Megaman X 1-3
F-Zero (meh...)
Ogrebattle: March of the Black Queen (if you can find it)
uuuuhhh...I'm sure i left something out...

BTW: one of the greatest speed runs i've ever seen was a Super Metroid run WITHOUT TAS. It's sick. Watch it. If i'm not feeling lazy, i'll post a link.

EDIT: FACK, i knew i was leaving something out!!!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

I am soooooooooo disappointed in myself right now. That's by far one of the best SNES games i've ever had in my possession.

j00t

Smash Champion
Those are excellent choices to start with. I'll just give you the list of games that i own.

*ahem*
SMRPG
Super Metroid
Breath of Fire 1 & 2
Secret of Mana

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II & III

Super Mario World
Illusion of Gaia
Robotrech
Megaman X 1-3
F-Zero (meh...)
Ogrebattle: March of the Black Queen (if you can find it)
uuuuhhh...I'm sure i left something out...

BTW: one of the greatest speed runs i've ever seen was a Super Metroid run WITHOUT TAS. It's sick. Watch it. If i'm not feeling lazy, i'll post a link.

EDIT: FACK, i knew i was leaving something out!!!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

I am soooooooooo disappointed in myself right now. That's by far one of the best SNES games i've ever had in my possession.
I liked Lufia 2 the most, probably because it is the game I've spent the most time on. It's also the game I've completely mastered and pretty much know everything about. >_>

Will_

Smash Journeyman
So nobody is going to Impact Clash II? ;_;

I'll pay lots of moneys for gas, and I'll even bring an extra TV to pay for your door fee! /desperate

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
my god im going to play a link to the past now. i loooooooooooooove that game. plus i has nostalgia because its the first game i ever beat all on my own with no help from my big cousin or nintendo power.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
will i think george is going to Impact Clash, but you'd have to make your way to bham somehow, i would drive you, especially with the offers of moneys and tvs but i have to work :-(

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Well, I'd prefer to not take my car since I'm not confident in its ability, but I guess if worse comes to worse I might drive. Only it's like $70 for me to drive to Atlanta and back.

EDIT: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is amazing. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do so. I get stuck listening to the soundtrack constantly.

http://www.drhorrible.com/mushortio.html

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'd prefer to not take my car since I'm not confident in its ability, but I guess if worse comes to worse I might drive. Only it's like $70 for me to drive to Atlanta and back.

EDIT: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is amazing. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do so. I get stuck listening to the soundtrack constantly.

http://www.drhorrible.com/mushortio.html
I'm willing to throw down half for gas. The problem is getting to bham(and back from bham when we return). Worst of worst case scenarios, I'd pay a round trip greyhound ticket to bham.

I just got 'moving from a metro community(Atlanta) so I don't have a car' johns. ;_;

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
As someone who has traveled around 5,000 miles by Greyhound bus, I urge you not to if there's a better way (there usually is).

Might we see a George + Will_ doubles team? Surprised Face.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'm coming up to huntsville this weekend.

We best be smashin, *****es.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
As someone who has traveled around 5,000 miles by Greyhound bus, I urge you not to if there's a better way (there usually is).

Might we see a George + Will_ doubles team? Surprised Face.
Kirby and Meta Knight team, huh? Sounds pretty good. Just gotta find a way over there first.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Impact Smash Clash Bash what?

Yeah, sure, I might go. Thanks for asking.
Dirtbags.

Edit: I guess I could donate my car to BE DRIVEN. Good gas mileage! Hell if I'm going to spend my fall break chauffeuring around some scumbags who toss me by the wayside. I am going to be without a computer (most likely) starting from... now til' Sunday probably. So George. Text me. Text me hard.

Edit edit: And that entry fee seems kinda expensive... I'll see if I can't take my Wii with me. $20 is waaaay too much for me.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Yeah, taking a Wii + Brawl to get in free instead of paying $20 sounds much better to me. As long as I don't have a copy of Brawl go missing.

Top Bottom