• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
!! you're the third madison player dude. You are going to smash with me and DanGR... like this weekend. I've always loved to watch Lucario and liked the character but never have been able to pick him up.. So i'll like to see your Lucario.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
thank you reflex:)

so i got megaman 9. it's hard. it's awesome.
i'm not sure how i feel about them taking out the charge shot and sliding, though. and lolz at the first female boss

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
My vote is November 8...I will definitely come if it is that day.
it would have to be either oct. 25 and lsu becuase those are the only away games.
they're both really big games though, so i dont think any any hardcore football fans are coming. :-P

i'm gonna try for the 8th

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
My guess is that the LSU game will be a night game, so that'd probably be your best bet.

Sensai

Smash Master
Splash Woman was the first boss I beat...it just doesn't feel right to have a woman in Megaman. :-/

And Megaman 9 really isn't that hard. I mean, I thought it was when I played it (especially towards the end. There's this one part with a REALLY big **** move in it...maybe you'll see it), but after I beat it I went back and started on the original Megaman again.

Hard. As. ****.

[Edit:]

And about the
charged shot and sliding
, they were trying to make it as close to the first 2 games as they could. I think those things were there by game 4, right? Jeah...

Majist

Smash Journeyman
^^yeah, i took out splash woman pretty quick too, lol. The game's not so hard as it is tricky. It caught me off guard the first time through the stages, but afterwards i blew through them. I haven't finished it yet.
And yeah, Megaman 4 was the first title that introduced the Mega Buster. It's so broken, i'm kind of glad they took it out. It adds somewhat of a challenge.
and yes, the first Megaman is just beast.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
george lets team up and take down that ladder :-D
ill find a wii somewhere. i actually currently have a wii for a week or so if anyone wants to play...

who should i play though....cant play diddy online. can't play marth online. can't play sheik online.

metaknight? :-D

popsofctown

Smash Champion
?? How does Snake require timing more than any other character does?
Usually mortar slide doesn't mess up online, there will be a delay but all the inputs from mortar slide are still relative to eachother so it works.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont use mortar slide very often at all so that doesn't affect me. but i mean a big part of snakes game is sneaking tilts on people when they aren't ready for it, which requires timing, or else you're just going to get shield grabbed everytime. also you need timing in the air to prevent from getting ***** in the air, which is a big problem for snake. at least my snake.

characters like metaknight, lucario, ike, samus, or g&w can get by without perfect timing

popsofctown

Smash Champion
ehh, you just named the kings and queens of online (but you forgot Zelda)..

I think Snake is in the median. I mean, ROB sneaks tilts when they aren't expecting it. They just don't hurt as much.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
btw, i like other mortar slide skeptics.. i believe snake should camp most of the time, and not only mortar slide to move.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
thats why they're the kings of online lol

and mortar slide is lame. it effectively amounts to a flashy dash attack, and not even that if you dont time it right

but i do everyyyy once in a while just to mix it up

Sensai

Smash Master
Well, I think I'm falling in love with Megaman again.

I beat 9 and liked it a bunch but was a tad dissapointed due to the fact that it wasn't all that hard (don't get me wrong. It was hard and there were DEFINITELY prick moves,
(There was a REALLY big **** move in either the last or the second to last Wily stage.)
but it wasn't as bad as I remembered Megaman to be). So, I tried out the first, original Megaman and my love lit up anew!

****, what a hard game! I beat it yesterday and immediately started 2...in which I'm still in. It's not as hard as the first one, but it's definitely harsh (Heat Man's stage comes to mind). Either way, I'm in the 2nd or 3rd Wily stage now (the one where you have to use Crash Man's power to kill the bad guys. **** move, Capcom!).

I love **** moves...sometimes. Old Megaman games are so god **** good.

This post isn't very coherent. I think my love for Megaman is slowly taking over my ability to think straight.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the original megaman games are just too hard for me.

and guys apparently i'm better at onilne poker than Smash
Congratulations kevbojenkins,

Out of 451 players in Tournament 3132178, you came in 5th and have won $345.34.

You've also been awarded 3.5 Cake Points for participating in the tournament.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
You don't need to use Crashman's weapon to destroy the bad guys, just the blocks. :3

Edit: Kevin gots money?!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
nah, it just involves me proving my identity and then waiting a month for a check
they take their money out of the tournament buy ins.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
in other news I tried playing with lucario today, but gosh I just dont like him. will and george have inspired me to play some DK

Sensai

Smash Master
Just beat Megaman 2. Verdict? It's good...but it's probably not the best one in the series. After I hack my Wii, I'll be trying out the rest of them.

Megaman > MM 2 > MM9

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think I'm falling in love with Megaman again.

I beat 9 and liked it a bunch but was a tad dissapointed due to the fact that it wasn't all that hard (don't get me wrong. It was hard and there were DEFINITELY prick moves,
(There was a REALLY big **** move in either the last or the second to last Wily stage.)
but it wasn't as bad as I remembered Megaman to be). So, I tried out the first, original Megaman and my love lit up anew!

****, what a hard game! I beat it yesterday and immediately started 2...in which I'm still in. It's not as hard as the first one, but it's definitely harsh (Heat Man's stage comes to mind). Either way, I'm in the 2nd or 3rd Wily stage now (the one where you have to use Crash Man's power to kill the bad guys. **** move, Capcom!).

I love **** moves...sometimes. Old Megaman games are so god **** good.

This post isn't very coherent. I think my love for Megaman is slowly taking over my ability to think straight.
Your post is perfectly coherent!!! Don't doubt your love for Megaman!! Megaman 3 is my absolute favorite (Megaman 2 is a VERY close second) and the hardest title IMO.

God i love Megaman. So. ****. Much.

That's it! Sensai, the next time you come over for Smash, you and I are going to play all the NES titles together. We'll alternate between titles and crush them!!

I have all the original NES titles and Megaman X 1-6. I also got the Anniversary Collection for the PS2 just so i don't have to break out the ol' NES and fight with it for an hour just to play it.

MM3 > MM2 > MM4 > MM5 > MM > MM6 > MM9

Not that MM9 isn't good, i've just played all the others so much and have devoted so much time into them since i was what, 6 years old? yeah.

You should check out the Megaman 2 speed run on Youtube if you've 20 minutes to kill. The guy uses TAS, but it's still pretty mad awesome

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm actually watching the speed run for 2 right now. :-D I've watched both 1 and 2 speed runs, haha.

And I dunno. It's been so long since I've played any of them, I'm not sure which is my favorite. I thought it was 2 (I remember beating it in less than a day as like a 6 year old), but...1 is so much better.

And MMX is amazing too.

I'm at the part in 2 where you have to rebeat all the Robots and he kills Metalman, or whatever his name is, in like...no time flat. Seriously. If you blink, it's gone.

I just timed it. 3 seconds...and that's including the guy's health go up/warping into the room/teleporting out. God DAYAMN.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I thought I was the only one who enjoyed watching speed runs!

Well on another note, can someone explain to me why the Japanese people like Mega man so much? Specifically 2 and the music which comes from it (okkusenman).

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I consider watching speedruns to be one of my hobbies.

Mega Man 2 is classic; the game design and music are just spot on.

Sensai

Smash Master
I also like speed runs. Half Life in Half an Hour and Half Life 2 Done Quick are too of my favorites, and I highly recommend them both (HL is about 35 minutes, HL2 is about an hour and a half but INCREDIBLY amazing).

And people like Megaman 2 music because the music is ****IN' AWESOME!

Edit:

So...is there Smash tomorrow night? And if there is, is it possible that I crash there for the night?

Top Bottom