• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Well, you do have the power to bless pancakes.

And Brawl MLG would be nice. I'd bet on it lasting around half as long as melee did.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
guys i'm thinking of making a brawl 'combo' video featuring alabama's best and brightest smashers. so if you have an awesome sequence recorded somewhere let me know :-D
reflex record some videos
I have a lot of Gannonigan videos.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I have a couple of vids that you could use, not many, though. Really, I only have one in mind that isn't part of the gannonigan fest.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
The guys at Playover seem pretty touchy about their equipment. I doubt they'll let you hook one up, and if they do, they'll make sure that they hook it up.

Sensai

Smash Master
OK. I'm going to be dropping of Bloshi tonight at Coach/Moogle's place...does it matter when? I think it'll probably be around 4. Is that cool?

Or would you rather him come at a later time?

[Edit:]

Alright. Things have been discussed and decided. Bloshi, the world famous and terribly feared Yoshi player will be showing up at Moogle/Coach's at around 4.

I'll get there sometime later that night, probably towards quitting time.

It should be noted that Bloshi doesn't play Brawl. I mean, he'll probably play a round or two...but don't expect anything fantastic. We both suck at it because it sucks.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
playover results

1. Will_
2. George
3. DanGR
4. theONEjanitor
5. Rob
5. popsofctown
7. Cream

seven entrants ftw.
still fun though.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Aaaaaaaaalways one away, Kevin.

In other news, GO BAMA!

and in other, other news, I'm lusting for another tournament. And someone else who owns a copy of Kirby.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
By what? Something besides Reflex?

And combine the entrants from this tournament and WABA together and you actually have 20 participants!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so guys a couple times a year I go on a ROM downloading spree.

so suggest good games for the nintendo 64, nes, snes, and genesis that I should acquire :-D

Sensai

Smash Master
Me and Bloshi made it home safely. Somehow. I was pretty much falling asleep driving; I managed to convince myself that one of those blinking yellow light things (y'know, the signal 'slow' or 'caution') was actually the backside of a truck that didn't have working lights...

So, I went really slowly, making sure not to 'pass' or 'hit' the truck. -_-

@ theONEjanitor:

NES:
Kirby's Adventure
Legend of Zelda
Legend of Link
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Megaman 1-whatever you feel like, probably 4.

SNES:
Super Mario RPG
Kirby Super Star
Legend of Gaia
Megaman X-X3

I know, I named really obvious games, but I'm ****in' tired. I'm unsure of how long it's been since I've been awake, since I was woken up by a Mt. Dew can EXPLODING in my fridge.

(Well, not really woken up. I was at the computer...but I'm unsure of how I got there/what I was doing/etc. So, more like awoken from zombie state.)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
and in other, other news, I'm lusting for another tournament. And someone else who owns a copy of Kirby.
I might be a bit too far away if you're just looking to play Kirby with someone, but I do need to finish up collecting the last 21 chests in The Great Cave Offensive if I'm hoping to 100% my file.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman

so suggest good games for the nintendo 64, nes, snes, and genesis that I should acquire :-D
SNES:

AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
Act Raiser
Out Of This World
Battle Toads Battle Maniacs
Booger Man - Lol a very fun and funny game XD
Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger - Sry but i cant risk not mentioning this game
Contra 3 Alien Wars
Cybernator
Demon's Crest
Earth Worm Jim 1 & 2
FlashBack: The Quest For Identity
Illusion Of Gaia
The Lost Vikings 1 & 2
Mech Warrior or Mech Warrior 3050 - I cant remember which one it is but check both out.
Metal Warriors
NBA Jam Tournament Edtion
Secret of Mana
Sim Ant - If you like sim games i prefer this one over the old sim games because you actually fight other things.
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Best Mario world in my opinion
Super Metroid - Duh
Super R-Type
Tetris Attack - if you like tetris
The Tick - for another fun and funny time
Zombie's Ate My Neighbors
Donkey Kong Games
Smash TV

Sega Genesis:

Alien Soldier
Altered Beast
Cool Spot
Ecco: Tides of Time - most people dont like this but i think its a unique game
Gunstar Heros
Kid Chameleon
Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention
Rocket Knight Adventures
Sonic Games - Any of them
Street of Rage
Toe Jam & Earl / Toe Jam & Earl 2: Panic on Funkotron
Vectorman 1 & 2

N64:

Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie
Blast Corps
Body Harvest
Bomberman 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Clay Fighter 63 1/3 or Sculptors Cut if you can find it
Doom 64 - really isnt bad
Duke Nukem 64
Excite Bike 64
Gauntlet Legends
Gex 64
Glover
Golden Eye - of course
HeXen
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Zelda - Accounts for all zelda games
Mario - Accounts for all Mario games
Mischief Makers
Mission Impossible
Paper Mario
Perfect Dark
Quake
Rampage World Tour/ Rampage 2 Universal Tour
Road Rash 64
Star Fox 64
Turok & Turok 2 - I dont like the others
Vigilante 8
Yoshi's Story - most people think this is a kids game but its really fun

These are the ones i can think of right now. They mainly consist of the games i played as a kid so yea...

I know i dint mention any NES games because just about everyone knows about every NES game except for the ones that people make now. The only one i can remember is "Snake Rattle and Roll".

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Yes i kinda figured that you would have most of these just because there well known but i wanted to mention them anyways just in case.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
playover results

1. Will_
2. George
3. DanGR
4. theONEjanitor
5. Rob
5. popsofctown
7. Cream

seven entrants ftw.
still fun though.
Rob got fifth!!?? Way to go, dude!!!

And kudos to everyone else as well.

Oh and Janitor, download Final Fantasy's 4 and 6 for the SNES (2 and 3 in America), for the love of god. Best oldschool RPG's ever.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
someone in ttown start playing brawl with me. if i ever had any skill in melee or brawl, both have been lost. i need to play more.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
So you guys are going to TGMT2 in December. (Note the lack of question mark.)

We should find a vehicle large enough for many Alabama people to share.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Rob got fifth!!?? Way to go, dude!!!

And kudos to everyone else as well.

Oh and Janitor, download Final Fantasy's 4 and 6 for the SNES (2 and 3 in America), for the love of god. Best oldschool RPG's ever.

not to down rob or pops or anyone...but the only reason they got fifth is because they had byes :-/

me and rob did have a very close match though :-D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll elaborate a bit...

1. Will_ (Ness/MK-for 1 match/1 other maybe)
2. George (Kirby/Luigi-1 match?)
3. DanGR (Olimar/Snake/Falco/Marth/Pikachu/probably someone else I'm forgetting, lol)
4. theONEjanitor (Snake/Diddy/Mr. Game and Watch-1 match?)
5. Rob (Ness?- I didn't get to see any of his matches :()
5. popsofctown (Sheik/Zelda/Toon Link)
7. Cream (DDD?/Peach?/someone else maybe)

My winnings didn't pay the entry fee. yeh... >_>

HolyChef

Smash Ace
mic is fat

Hey, I'm new to smash boards, but active on AllIsBrawl. I came here thanks to George's link in the Alabama topic hoping to find more smashers in Mobile County. The two smashers I played most with left for college and I've got 1 year left. One's out of state, and the other's in Auburn, but I digress:

I came to see if there is any kind of tournament scene in the Mobile Area I'm unaware of, and if there isn't, what kind of attendance (if any) would I have if I hosted one.

Also, you can add me to the list at the beginning if it's still being updated.

Ryker-Mobile-Mario/Wario/Snake
host a tourney in mobile. u will get people.

and if you have any doubt, just watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qXkcPQUfJM

or at least hold a smashfest. do sumptin!

get at being mad late.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice

I actually agree with most of T4RN1SH's list (mostly... AHHH! Real Monsters was NOT a good game), but I can't help making my own. Because Nintendo's own games tend to stand out in such lists, my goal is to give you a list of overlooked, third-party titles. Stay tuned, 'cause I got this.

@ Duckock: No one has mentioned EarthBound yet because they aren't qualified to mention it. That's where we come in.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
not to down rob or pops or anyone...but the only reason they got fifth is because they had byes :-/

me and rob did have a very close match though :-D
Thanks for mentioning that; I wasn't on the boards this weekend to clarify that. And yes that was a very close match. You did the right thing by switching to Zelda :). I'd also like to take this opportunity to mention my epic Ness ditto with Will_. Somehow, it was a pretty close match.

Sensai, you guys should come back soon. Had I known you'd be here, I'd have chosen you over T Pain. Big Spring Johns. In other news, STYX kicked ***. Ask Majist.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'll elaborate a bit...

1. Will_ (Ness/MK-for 1 match/1 other maybe)
2. George (Kirby/Luigi-1 match?)
3. DanGR (Olimar/Snake/Falco/Marth/Pikachu/probably someone else I'm forgetting, lol)
4. theONEjanitor (Snake/Diddy/Mr. Game and Watch-1 match?)
5. Rob (Ness?- I didn't get to see any of his matches :()
5. popsofctown (Sheik/Zelda/Toon Link)
7. Cream (DDD?/Peach?/someone else maybe)

My winnings didn't pay the entry fee. yeh... >_>
i played snake, diddy, g&w, sheik/zelda, and tried pikachu on luigi's mansion's ******** excuse for a stage :-P

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Rob: No johns. :-D

Nah, in all seriousness it's cool. Glad to hear it went well. There weren't any bands this year that I was interested in (bar Styx, who apparently did well).

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I actually agree with most of T4RN1SH's list (mostly... AHHH! Real Monsters was NOT a good game), but I can't help making my own. Because Nintendo's own games tend to stand out in such lists, my goal is to give you a list of overlooked, third-party titles. Stay tuned, 'cause I got this.
Well as i mentioned before most of the games i called off were the ones i played as a kid ( i thought Real Monsters was fun XP ). Also the reason i dint call off all the amazing/good games on SNES and such is because there well known so i figured it would be pointless to list them. Alot of those 3rd party games i listed are great and people either over looked them or just dint know about them. "Out Of This World" is prob one of the best games that was made back then, its kinda like how "Ico" and "Shadow of the Colossus" are now a days with the story and such.

Cant wait to see your list SK8 XD.

Top Bottom