• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

3GOD

Smash Ace
On the topic of the SBR Tier List, here's my opinion:

Placed too high:
Toon Link
Bowser
Pikachu

Placed too low:
Ness
Olimar
Fox

I think Bowser's placing is perfect.
The only problem with melee bowser was his recovery, he speed, his range, and his lagginess. All of this has been improved in Brawl. and up b out of shield is still ridiculous. I mean, really Bowser's only problem in Brawl is that he's a huge friggin target, and also that he's not broken, other than that, there's really nothing wrong with him in brawl.

I think Bowser definitely beats everyone placed lower than him on that list, except yoshi and ness. and jiggs probably, Jiggs ***** Bowser.
Don't forget about Peach...Peach owns Bowser pretty hard IMO.

Also, he's a Zair magnet for Samus...she probably has the advantage on Bowser, but not a huge one since she cannot KO well.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
On the topic of the SBR Tier List, here's my opinion:

Placed too high:
Toon Link
Bowser
Pikachu

Placed too low:
Ness
Olimar
Fox

Don't forget about Peach...Peach owns Bowser pretty hard IMO.

Also, he's a Zair magnet for Samus...she probably has the advantage on Bowser, but not a huge one since she cannot KO well.
I dont know if I'd say that Peach owns Bowser. Peach has a hard time killing as well.

and the zair is overrated imo. it takes like four damage and doesn't really set up for anything despite its lack of landing lag. i think people use it because its one of the few things in brawl that actually looks cool lul

i actually think toon link is probably too low. He's better than wolf at least

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Moogle is the only one I know that can beat my MK consistantly :p

Really. If word gets out about his strategy, TIER LIST UPHEAVAL OMGWTF

Fortunately, I have found myself to be SUPER EFFECTIVE! in teams with Pit using similar strategies (be quick, be annoying). I am constantly surprised that Pit hasn't won more tournies. The ony explanation, in my mind, is simply that he is A: unpopular and B: not that fun to play.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I also happen to be of the opinion that wolf and toon link are the ****.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I was under the impression that the Hoover Library was a nice place to meet up that one time, being so close to 65 and everything. If you're coming from Tuscaloosa, it'd probably be better to pick us up around exit 6 on 459.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Have smash on saturdays in hunstville, thursdays in t-town.

You hobos.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Fo real. It's almost laughable imo.
He's so ridiculous, but so easily gimped. I think he's just underrepresented.

And that the backroom is full of liberalist commies.

We can smash at phantom's place,but not mine. My place has one tiny *** TV and that's bout it. PLus my room is a constant wreck.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I <3 Alabama Thread.

@saintrage: THIS IS A MMORPURGER!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/22-The-Witcher

@nicaboy: ha. what's up, man? it's funny. no one goes to AllisBrawl anymore. AiB is to SWF as MySpace is to Facebook: useless by comparison.

@Duchock: that means we just gotta try a bit harder. it's no secret that Ness and Lucas aren't top tier, but don't let that stop you. prove the tier list wrong. that is my goal, at least.

@everyone: balanced game is balanced. Behold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnhwpNDiLa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS4OOAIQ5Vw&feature=related
true true but people tend too have both myspace and face book xD as for ihsp i know there better be combos on me oh wait we never record our matches

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yoshi has a grab-release on metaknight
also a frame specific spike on him
<_<
Samus has the zair... charge shot to grab - grab attacks (which are faster than most other chars) resets her 10 move thing, and then dtilt kills at like 130

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
What are you talking about SleepyK! I saw no discussion on Meta Knight, and whenever it gets brought up in this thread, someone usually loses an arm.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
personally, I've lost all my melee skill because I haven't played ANY since brawl came out, but pr0t0 has been trying to get me to take it back up so I might start practicing again. But anyway I have a copy of melee here if we wanted to melee any.

EDIT: Nvm, I lied. I just noticed when looking around my room for my copy of melee that I didn't bother bringing it when I moved back in a couple of weeks ago. So, if anyone wants melee we'll need a copy.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
yoshi has a grab-release on metaknight
also a frame specific spike on him
<_<
Samus has the zair... charge shot to grab - grab attacks (which are faster than most other chars) resets her 10 move thing, and then dtilt kills at like 130
That's why I'm trying to pick up yoshers.

...and pummels don't reset move decay. >_<

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
...and pummels don't reset move decay. >_<
Yes, they do. Since Kirby's pummel is so fast, I make sure to use it to reset my move decay. It's also a good strategy with Lucario, Ness, and a few other characters.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
T-towners want to smash tonight?

EDIT: And pummels so do reset DR. That's how DDD is able to chain grab some characters.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Samus' grab attack either doesn't reset move decay, or it acts like a multi-hit move or something. It's possible that her grab attack doesn't reset move decay since there are some other moves that do not decay or reset decay.

For instance, I know that ZSS's Nair does not decay and does not reset move decay. I think the same is true for Samus' Zair and probably some other moves in the game as well.

However, it is true that Dedede's grab attack at least resets decay - this allows the infinite grab on Luigi, Samus, and the like.

Yay for 5^4 posts!

Top Bottom