• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
personally, I've lost all my melee skill because I haven't played ANY since brawl came out, but pr0t0 has been trying to get me to take it back up so I might start practicing again. But anyway I have a copy of melee here if we wanted to melee any.

EDIT: Nvm, I lied. I just noticed when looking around my room for my copy of melee that I didn't bother bringing it when I moved back in a couple of weeks ago. So, if anyone wants melee we'll need a copy.
where do you live

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Also, it seems that I may not be able to make the T-town tourney due to a prior engagement.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
i live in riverside east room 423
Hm. You're just down the hall from a few friends of mine. I'm over there occasionally, playing Magic or making use of their NES for Zelda 2.

Also, it seems that I may not be able to make the T-town tourney due to a prior engagement.
Stay away. Stay far away. More home turf advantage for me!

Also, tomorrow. Gamebox. T-towners got room for a tag along rider?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Ok i have question for anyone/everyone on this thread. How much do you consider to be "spam" in a match or game ( spamming a certain move over and over again or just too much ).

I have a friend who plays wolf and he uses his shine way to much and camps most of the time just doing that and shooting his blaster. When i get close i can hit him most of the time but not 100% of the time. Next time me and my partner go play him im ganna record alot of matches and show you what i mean.

Anyways leave some reply's to that question please cause im interested, this does not persist to you munkus and you MK cause i read some pages back about someone saying you spamming your U-B.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
Hm. You're just down the hall from a few friends of mine. I'm over there occasionally, playing Magic or making use of their NES for Zelda 2.

Stay away. Stay far away. More home turf advantage for me!

1. you should totally come over and play magic sometime cause me and 2 of my roomates play.

2. i would give you a ride but i dont think im gonna go to gbox this time. pr0t0 is totally begging me to come play doubs, but i was just in birmingham last weekend.

j00t

Smash Champion
Munkus, I'm sitting here incredibly bored and I'm considering Warhammer. What kind of character customization is there in that game? Like, in terms of stats and such.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Character customization? Stats? Uh....I would look the 'talent trees' up on the website, but it's like WoW in that the base stats are baseline which get improved at a set rate as you level and can only be improved further by gear (and temporarily by abilities).

You can dye your armor and the armor sets each have a unique look for their class, you never see a blackguard running around with gear that should belong on an ironbreaker.

@phantom: quit your whining, it's two weekends! And this is the better one, more people, more fun. It's maybe an hour away too, and you'll pretty much be going the opposite way of traffic BOTH ways.

I don't think traveling for an hour twice a month is that bad of a thing :p

When does vulcanbox open up, anyway? Cause I wanna get there as early as I can so I can warm up and get some matches in.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Ok i have question for anyone/everyone on this thread. How much do you consider to be "spam" in a match or game ( spamming a certain move over and over again or just too much ).

I have a friend who plays wolf and he uses his shine way to much and camps most of the time just doing that and shooting his blaster. When i get close i can hit him most of the time but not 100% of the time. Next time me and my partner go play him im ganna record alot of matches and show you what i mean.

Anyways leave some reply's to that question please cause im interested, this does not persist to you munkus and you MK cause i read some pages back about someone saying you spamming your U-B.
Response:

Ahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And I think you mean "pertain," not 'persist'

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think I'll be going to the Vulcan Gamebox tournament. No word from anyone else around here, and I suddenly feel utterly terrible...

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
**** you Reflex.

**** you to hell.

You are one of the reasons I am gong to this thing.

I want to play you you gosh darn son of a biscuit.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

there's no such thing as "too much". if something is working there's no reason whatsoever to stop doing it (if your goal is to win)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
He's probably catching this crap that's going around like the facking plague. I'm going to the doc tomorrow and getting some antibiotics in me ....sexually:grin:

On an unrelated note, I have discovered that Brawl sounds AWESOME on surround sound!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Okay, for some reason i decided to bash some Sandbags in my CD Factory. Now, i have always used MK to collect CD's, but this time i decided to use DK. Usually, i could get maybe a couple of CD's in about 10-20 minutes using MK. But when i chose DK, i got 6 CD's in 13 minutes!

I know that using a variety of attacks can improve your chances of finding CD's and stickers, but then i thought if using different characters would give the same result. It looks to me like using different characters every time gets you a ton of CD's. After that 13 minute run, i used DK again and didn't get a single CD in 11 minutes.

So i choose Link and get 4 CD's in 6 minutes. If you guys are having trouble getting CD's, try this out to see if my theory works.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
ooh more tuscaloosans to beat up on
i can bring a copy of melee, but none of you dudes play the game
I used to play, but Brawl killed my skills. I'm desperately trying to save what little is left. Don't expect anything WD/SHFFLing from me for a while.

DaBomb!! What's up, dude?:grin:

you outta come down to huntsville with your fellow tuscaloosans sometime.
Huntsville is up...three hours up, and three hours back.

This may seem like a stupid question, but how big IS the Smash community up there? I know a guy who moved up there from T-town to go to VC but he said everyone in his area plays teh Brawl and most of them suck. Obviously this does not hold true for all of Huntsville or people wouldn't be making trips up there.

i live in riverside east room 423
Word. I'm up Hwy. 69 in N'port but that's still close.

j00t

Smash Champion
The Executive said:
Huntsville is up...three hours up, and three hours back.

This may seem like a stupid question, but how big IS the Smash community up there? I know a guy who moved up there from T-town to go to VC but he said everyone in his area plays teh Brawl and most of them suck. Obviously this does not hold true for all of Huntsville or people wouldn't be making trips up there.
He isn't in the "smash community" then. >_>

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Majist, you could always install the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina, put in this code, turn super scopes on, and have fun shooting CDs. I'm sure there's actually a code to unlock all songs, but this would be infinitely more fun.

4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C06003E 40820008
38C0000B 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

Huntsville is relatively active. A lot more so than Birmingham. There needs to be a central location for Birmingham smash and a large number of people. ._.

The Executive

Smash Lord
He isn't in the "smash community" then. >_>
Noted.

Huntsville is relatively active. A lot more so than Birmingham. There needs to be a central location for Birmingham smash and a large number of people. ._.
Central between B'ham and Huntsville? Cullman and/or Gadsden are about equidistant from both cities but where would anything be held?

Munkus, how often do you make the trip to Huntsville?

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Good find, Majist. I'm a slacker in the persuit of 100% completion.

Also, I think that EVERY serious fighting game fan should watch these videos. It's not about the game, but more so the analysis that goes into making a competitive fighting game better. The meat and potatoes start at 3:30, so you can skip the fanfare. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnhwpNDiLa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS4OOAIQ5Vw

I'd like you to notice that the producer is both a game designer and a tournament champion, which is rare. I'd also like you to notice how much resistance he encountered in trying to revise the game and make it more balanced. In an industry driven by profit margins, a little passion can go a long way.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I mean something in Birmingham. There are people here, but there isn't any organization and no central location to get together every week.

The Executive

Smash Lord
I mean something in Birmingham. There are people here, but there isn't any organization and no central location to get together every week.
What percentage can be coordinated through SWF? Organization isn't too terribly hard to get as long as everyone doesn't have conflicting schedules. There are enough people in B'ham for SOMETHING to be worked out, regardless if everyone can make it or not.

As far as location, aren't there people @ UAB who can host stuff?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I never go up to Huntsville. Because I'm in law school. I don't travel that much.

Tuscaloosa is still closer to B'ham than Huntsville, and we still have a lot of people here during the school year >.>

The Executive

Smash Lord
Gotcha. I'm a CS major but as an incoming freshman w/ 17 hours accrued I could afford to lighten my workload for the first two semesters. The tough stuff comes next year.

Still, Huntsville is five to six hours roundtrip. If George can get Birmingham to pretend they're organized (I'm willing to help with this) that would be great.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i've posted like four or five times about people coming to play at my house but i pretty much get ignored. (except for parker, who's now in tuscaloosa)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think I'll make it this time. I could if I had a ride. Gas is just too expensive. It's like 35$ for gas there and back and 15$? for the entry fee. That's 55$ without counting food costs. I can't do this very often. Maybe next time.

The Executive

Smash Lord
i've posted like four or five times about people coming to play at my house but i pretty much get ignored. (except for parker, who's now in tuscaloosa)
I'll keep that in mind.

I don't think I'll make it this time. I could if I had a ride. Gas is just too expensive. It's like 35$ for gas there and back and 15$? for the entry fee. That's 55$ without counting food costs. I can't do this very often. Maybe next time.
Entry fee for what?

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
What percentage can be coordinated through SWF? Organization isn't too terribly hard to get as long as everyone doesn't have conflicting schedules. There are enough people in B'ham for SOMETHING to be worked out, regardless if everyone can make it or not.

As far as location, aren't there people @ UAB who can host stuff?
I go to UAB but I don't stay there. I could ask someone would they let us in their dorm room for a couple of hours out of the night. If we could get a good turn out (at least three good players), we could probably talk about hosting a little friendly smash get-together. Someone might have to bring another Wii also, expecially if it's more than three other people. We could probably move a TV into the living room or something. I don't know how we'd sign everyone into the dorms though if too many people are interested.

Would anyone happen to have any recording equipment because I would love to post some matches of mine or just be able to record longer than three minutes? (Nintendo, what were you thinking? Smash matches last way longer than that.)

The Executive

Smash Lord
I have a TV tuner card with cable/DTV/S-Video in but my PC won't hold it (it's a micro-ATX machine). As far as systems I could bring a Cube but obviously if someone had a Wii that would be a better choice. (I would love to take my brother's Wii since I DLed SSB64 onto it but that's not likely)

Also, define "good" players. I can pull even in Brawl but my Melee skills have ran away. I'm searching for them night and day, eventually I'll find them again.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I'll be coming through Tuscaloosa tomorrow about 8:30 or so with plenty of room in my car.

I'll PM you my phone # in case you want/need a ride...just call me about 8:00 or so and let me know where to pick you up. Also, if anyone else from T-town needs a ride, send me a PM or something and I'll get back to you in the morning with my phone #.

Top Bottom