• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I'll donate gas moneys if I can ride along. I'll try to rope Poet along as well, but you won't get $$$$ from him.

Oh, Reflex, once you beat Battletoads, we need to start working on Battletoads in Battlemaniacs!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yay post 561. To celebrate, we have Thursday night smoosh bros. Brawl, Melee, 64... you're all invited. MM chess and NFL Blitz also. If we get a zillion people, some of those people should bring setups.
Why can't you live closer? ;_;

Sensai

Smash Master
Y'know, if you guys changed the date of the Smashfest from Thursday to Saturday (or do you guys still play on Saturday?) I could start coming regularly again as I'm probably gonna be in Huntsville on weekends normally...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ george, how much can you donates...
@ phantom, i would but I might be going to tuscaloosa
@ moogle let's record some smash brothers

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I've always found Melee to be the best counter to Metaknight et al, so I'm disappointed not to see that reflected in the tier list.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
No, they moved slow characters like bowser up ten spaces and moved fast characters like sonic down ten spaces.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
..... no, im not happy about the list. Bowser's and Ike's placings were just bizarre.

I'm not really unhappy about where my girl was put though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Everything on that list is accurate except for Yoshi and Ness being low tier and Link being worse than Jigglypuff, Samus, and Sonic

i also might've switched ROB and Marth

popsofctown

Smash Champion
you think bowser is that good? ness being low bothered me too, but the big thing that really really irked me is bowser being higher than all sorts of better characters.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I don't really think Bowser is that great. I don't have much experience against Bowser players, so I could potentially be surprised by one in a tournament or something, but I think I've learned which of Bowser's moves to watch out for enough that Bowser in general isn't seen as any kind of threat any more. Initially it seemed like he was ridiculously strong, but he balances out somewhere around the middle. I think he's almost deserving of his spot. He should be placed at the bottom of middle tier or the top of low tier.

Pokémon Trainer has the potential to be much higher. I want to play him more to get him there.

I think Jigglypuff has untapped potential too, but she'll probably never make it out of low tier.

It seems really crowded in the top half.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Pokémon Trainer's actually pretty bad. They each have really glaring weaknesses that are easy to exploit.

Sensai

Smash Master
Pokémon Trainer has the potential to be much higher. I want to play him more to get him there.

I think Jigglypuff has untapped potential too, but she'll probably never make it out of low tier.

It seems really crowded in the top half.
Those first two thoughts mirror my Melee thoughts about Ness and Yoshi, but especially the former. I really, honestly tihnk that Ness could've been a decent character (not Fox or Marth, mind you, but maybe Jigglypuff) if people had really ever gotten things down with him. Same with Yoshi (except someone did...and her name is Fumi).

And that third thought of yours I included 'cause I'll give it another two tier lists before it's the other way around.

[Edit:]

And what the **** at Ganon being 3rd from the bottom! That's 2 places higher than I was expecting!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Pokémon Trainer has decent potential. Jiggly has very, very little right now, it seems. Sonic has a ton, I think (as much as it pains me to say it).

I'm surprised that Pikachu is so high, and a couple other things I can't remember right now, but it seems pretty accurate otherwise.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
looks around still mains lucas .......ya the game is more than blanced enough too win with anyone in my opnion oh well lucas love always and forever

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
If Fox is that low, then they haven't seen Moogle's.

It's the Metaknight killer.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
DK should be lower than Diddy. And as awesome as the nudist dudley is, 10th is too good for DK.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
If Fox is that low, then they haven't seen Moogle's.

It's the Metaknight killer.
Ya moogle you need to win some tournies or something :p

So, if we have smash tomorrow, i probably won't attend this week as i have 3 tests next week and a mountain of things piling up on my, not to mention girlfriend problems. So i might not even come next week to smash. However if we do have it this Saturday, i could trick myself into coming after 9 when i get off work. After working, i'm never up for more school, so smash would be fun *hint hint*

Sorry i've been away from the boards, all this Brawl talk makes me want to play MMORPG's like WoW and DOFUS, thats how much i love brawl <3 brawlers.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I think Bowser's placing is perfect.
The only problem with melee bowser was his recovery, he speed, his range, and his lagginess. All of this has been improved in Brawl. and up b out of shield is still ridiculous. I mean, really Bowser's only problem in Brawl is that he's a huge friggin target, and also that he's not broken, other than that, there's really nothing wrong with him in brawl.

I think Bowser definitely beats everyone placed lower than him on that list, except yoshi and ness. and jiggs probably, Jiggs ***** Bowser.

The only PT player i've played in Chad, and his Charizard is a beast. so that's my only impression of PT.

I kind of want to play some ness in brawl. He's really good. I might pick him up.

moogle what time are the festivities beginning.
george whattime can you be ready

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
DK should be lower than Diddy. And as awesome as the nudist dudley is, 10th is too good for DK.
nah, Dk builds damage just as quick, lives longer, and actually has kill moves (ridiculous ones at that)

I also agree with munkus. Moogle has the best fox I've seen anywhere so far.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I <3 Alabama Thread.

@saintrage: THIS IS A MMORPURGER!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/22-The-Witcher

@nicaboy: ha. what's up, man? it's funny. no one goes to AllisBrawl anymore. AiB is to SWF as MySpace is to Facebook: useless by comparison.

@Duchock: that means we just gotta try a bit harder. it's no secret that Ness and Lucas aren't top tier, but don't let that stop you. prove the tier list wrong. that is my goal, at least.

@everyone: balanced game is balanced. Behold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnhwpNDiLa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS4OOAIQ5Vw&feature=related

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I can be ready pretty much any time. Poet has a job interview at 11:00 in the morning, which shouldn't take too long, but he should be along for the trip too.

All is Brawl would be nice if they could get members, but at the same time it would cause a schism between SWF and AiB. I like how it works with tio, I think it's organized much better, works nicely as a social networking Smash Bros. website, and it has some other fun things. The problem is that it doesn't pull any Smashboards members away for there to be any reason to visit more than a couple times a week.

It looks like they're trying to rectify that with their new online ladder. The prize for winning this season is $200. Still, since it's Brawl online, I'd rather not.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
oh okay, well I wasn't going to leave until around 4-5 pm or so. i'll need the gas money before we head down there :-D

yeah. they need to add some servers or something, there's no reason for brawl online to be so bad. i mean, no other current online title is that laggy.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
nah, Dk builds damage just as quick, lives longer, and actually has kill moves (ridiculous ones at that)

I also agree with munkus. Moogle has the best fox I've seen anywhere so far.
Hm, I guess. Maybe I've been watching Ninjalink's Diddy for too long. xD

And yeah, I love Moogle's Fox style. Most foxes I fight are flashy scrubs Short Hop Air Dodging and retreating nair'ing while trying to shine spike. Moogle just gets the job done. Btw, MK is x4 weak to Fox's usmash.

Top Bottom