• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Only three teams? ****, sounds like there wasn't much of a turn out.

You gonna come to Vulcanbox, Reflex? I still need to play you! You *******!
There were nine people in Singles. I came in second for that, won Doubles, and STILL came out negative in money. Alabama Smash better not disappoint me for GameBox.

I'm going to be there! Come and play me! We can lose together in Battletoads, as well!

nice1

Smash Lord
i recorded as much as i could then i ran out of memory lol. I'll try to put them up A.S.A.P. before the storm hits

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry there was such a poor turnout this time around--it's probably something to do with labor day weekend. Hopefully Gamebox will be big enough to satisfy.

Nice1, good Snake man.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
In fact, I maxed it out today, and I got to Level 10 for once. I'm on a mission to defeat this game.
please do, so that i can see with my own eyes that it's actually possible!!! i think the farthest i've gotten is level 5, with the surfing. I didn't get much of a chance to learn the stage, cuz when i actually made it that far, i probably only had like 2 lives left and no continues. That game is baller status.

They knew how to make games back then

Munkus, are you back from PAX?

nice1

Smash Lord
I'm sorry there was such a poor turnout this time around--it's probably something to do with labor day weekend. Hopefully Gamebox will be big enough to satisfy.

Nice1, good Snake man.
thanx man. Nice Dk. i want a rematch lol. I have to see what my schedule looks like for the future. I know i won't be at gamebox, but i'll try to attend one in the future

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I am. Got in B'ham around 8ish, and got back to t-town by 9ish, then posted a bit then slept til two.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Now that I'm back from under my rock...

Jeeze, I didn't know you did those, Kevin! I always wanted to do comics for the CW, but I'm totally unartistic. I applied for an editorial writer, but I didn't make it past the last interview. My writing sucks, so it wasn't too heart breaking.

I'm all for reoccuring Smash in the T-town. I may not be able to make all of them if they're on a tues., wed., or thurs., but I'd be.. uhm.. all for them.

One more thing; anyone that is going to Gamebox from Tuscaloosa got room in their car for lil' ol' me? I have no opposition to driving in a normal situation, however the tag on my car is, as of today, officially out of date.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I am disappointed that you would rather raid burning crusade than play smash once a week.

Especially considering how much WoW sucks right now and how close WotLK is to release.

Seriously.

Tell us you ate some bad Mexican and won't be leaving the toilet for a couple hours.

Just don't tell us you're going to be raiding....

wait, which instance are you raiding? I need to know this so I can know how hard I should set my mock beams to.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm getting closer to the completion of Battletoads; I maxed out my score again, and died to the boss of Level 10; General Slaughter. He mindgamed the hell out of me and my last couple of lives. :(

In other news, I'm practicing Brawl regularly again. I'm getting back into the groove by Saturday. I'm also screwing around more with Link.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
Money match.
Random. Just random.
Where did you come from? I don't know of any "Alberta" in Alabama..... and I doubt you would have been calling him out from Canada in the Alabama thread unless it's a state nearby. Georgia or Mississippi maybe?

Then you can't just call Will_out like that. You have to fight the rest of us to get up to him.

And are you doubting his skill to request a match like that?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
will is the snake killer
I wish I were the Meta Knight killer, but alas.

Reflex, can two people play on your rom at the same time? Because I'd really like to do multiplayer on both Battletoads and that Sunset Riders game(so we can both randomly fall through 2D slopes XD).

EDIT: Lajackson, I think Janitor was talking to theONEjanitor about the money match.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, can two people play on your rom at the same time? Because I'd really like to do multiplayer on both Battletoads and that Sunset Riders game(so we can both randomly fall through 2D slopes XD).
Definitely. I have all sorts of fun beat-em-up games, too; if enough people bring USB controllers, we can have four-player fun with Sunset Riders, Turtles in Time, and all sorts of other arcade goodness. <3

And, SERIOUSLY, 2D slopes have never done me so wrong in my lifetime, and I've played through Sunset Riders more than a few times... :laugh:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
just curious if everyone in Birmingham is ok with Hurricane Gustav and all. Someone told me that that area had be evacuated or something of that nature.

Also, Is vulcan Gamebox tourney gonna happen? cause i mean if the area is evacuated im pretty sure it wont happen.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
just curious if everyone in Birmingham is ok with Hurricane Gustav and all. Someone told me that that area had be evacuated or something of that nature.

Also, Is vulcan Gamebox tourney gonna happen? cause i mean if the area is evacuated im pretty sure it wont happen.
I sure hope things are fine; I haven't heard anything like that, though.

I want to show off my Link soon...

Off-topic: My new avatar is General Slaughter, the Battletoads boss that I'm stuck at.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Lajackson, I think Janitor was talking to theONEjanitor about the money match.
Well, if you (Janitor) are talking about theONEjanitor, I am sorry and take what I said back. I obviously thought you came onto this thread, read theONEjanitor's post about a "snake killer", were interested in seeing his (Will_'s) skill as "snake killer", and proposed a money match against said "snake killer" (Will_). If that is the case, then what I said still stands.

Janitor, I had to stand up for the Alabama Brawlers. I'm sure you could understand.
Will_, I had to stand up for the Alabama Brawlers. I'm sure you could understand.

Where did you hear that from? I haven't been evacuated.....
I would say if you want to come to Gamebox, come, but I simply don't have the authority.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
actually some people from louisianna had been evacuated TO birmingham, so no we didn't get hit. i dont think it even rained.

Also, Janitor is a tournament organizer and smasher from Canada...I supposed he wants a battle of the janitors.

link dittos reflex

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
actually some people from louisianna had been evacuated TO birmingham, so no we didn't get hit. i dont think it even rained.

link dittos reflex

I said, "It's raining heavily!" while I was coming back from Birmingham, about 30 minutes into the trip or so, which is a Pokemon Stadium 2 quote for Rain Dance. I had a hard time seeing for a few minutes then.

Link dittoes sound fun.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It was a class I hurricane by the time it hit Louisiana. I actually ran into a dude I hadn't seen for years cause he was in T-town after the LA coast had been evacuated. He said that it wasn't much of a big deal.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey let me know if any tuscaloosians
tuscaloosans?
yeah i like that better.

if any tuscaloosans want to play smash this evening i am in tuscaloosaville

Will_

Smash Journeyman
No problem at all, Janitor. :D

Pokemon Stadium games have the best/worst announcers EVER.
lol, I also didn't like the announcers random mood swings and infatuation with the word "go":

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!!"

--followed immediately by

"An exciting matchup from the word go."

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
No problem at all, Janitor. :D

lol, I also didn't like the announcers random mood swings and infatuation with the word "go":

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!!"

--followed immediately by

"An exciting matchup from the word go."
That was always hilarious. So horrible.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
You people still haven't come to visit me in Chicago. What's the deal? It's only 10 hours away.

On a completely different note, today I saw a girl that kind of looked like Munkus. It was a truly bizarre experience.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
Yah, basically.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. No hate towards Will_.

Wow.....
I just can't seem to get right lately. At least my intentions were good.

I would somehow relate this to Pokemon Stadium but I can't remember anything they said except "He goes down after a good fight." I guess that works for this situation.

moogle

Smash Ace
Yay post 561. To celebrate, we have Thursday night smoosh bros. Brawl, Melee, 64... you're all invited. MM chess and NFL Blitz also. If we get a zillion people, some of those people should bring setups.

Top Bottom