• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
So who in T-town wants to smash thursday? A dude in my lawschool class is up for it, and he says he knows a couple of guys who have been itching to smash.

moogle

Smash Ace
Whoooooooo's going to Tipped Off 3 this coming weekend? (I know George and T1J wanted to ride with me... I wanna know if we'll need 1 or 2 cars.)

...and I could be an AL Brawl power rankings panelist if asked nicely. ;)

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
So who in T-town wants to smash thursday? A dude in my lawschool class is up for it, and he says he knows a couple of guys who have been itching to smash.
thursday night at my place for whoever wants to smash in tuscaloosa. both brawl and melee should be there as long as someone else brings the melee. we can start whenever ppl want to after 330 and if a lot of ppl are coming comeone else might want to bring a wii as i have 2 tvs but only 1 wii.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Whoooooooo's going to Tipped Off 3 this coming weekend? (I know George and T1J wanted to ride with me... I wanna know if we'll need 1 or 2 cars.)

...and I could be an AL Brawl power rankings panelist if asked nicely. ;)
Moogle would you pretty please be a panelist for the AL/MS Brawl power rankings.

That makes me, moogle, and 3god
does anyone have a problem with that panel?

MS wants to be a part of it, and I think their only active Brawlers are 3GOD and Mookie Rah and Milln....possibly Chad.

I think we should do a top ten.

IF everything is set up, maybe we can put some lists together

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
My friend, brother, and I are all going in one car to tipped off 3. We have room for one more, if they're willing to pitch in for gas.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
thursday night at my place for whoever wants to smash in tuscaloosa. both brawl and melee should be there as long as someone else brings the melee. we can start whenever ppl want to after 330 and if a lot of ppl are coming comeone else might want to bring a wii as i have 2 tvs but only 1 wii.
WHO TO CHOOSE?!?!?!?

I can bring Melee but wouldn't be there until maybe 1730 or later so if someone else could manage that would help more.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogle if my pleading was nice enough perhaps you could insight us as to an effective way to organize the list since you have experience in that dept. Is it as simple as everyone making a list, and then averaging out the votes?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I don't know for certain, but I think that my friend would have a widescreen telly to play on if we went to his place.

I should know by tomorrow.

Wherever it is, we'll need more setups.

moogle

Smash Ace
moogle if my pleading was nice enough perhaps you could insight us as to an effective way to organize the list since you have experience in that dept. Is it as simple as everyone making a list, and then averaging out the votes?
I'll do it I guess. :p That way works pretty well, plus it's good to have a day where all the panelists argue about the final averaged list. Also, I think the individual panelists' lists shouldn't be posted, cause the first one posted would influence all the rest. Someone will need to collect all the lists.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'd collect and average the lists but only after we all say we're done.

Meeting is difficult since we're all in very different locations, we can discuss through PM though.

i imagine that one could not vote for himself? but actually that would skew the votes so that the panelists wouldn't be getting as many as some other people...but people tend to either under or overrate themselves

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So guys, Luigi is ridiculous in Brawl. Screw what the tier list says. I think I'll play him a little and prove it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Oh? I've gotta see that, haven't really played a serious luigi player before. And DK's pretty brutal in general, he's just got a few really bad matchups (re: DDD), but otherwise he can pretty much sweep the field.

Except in teams.

DK sucks in teams.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I still maintain that ganondorf is a decent character.
hey does snake have any moves with super armor or invincibility frames (besides up-b)?

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Since you guys are too reluctant to travel all the way to Chicago, you should instead travel to Kansas for Event 52 in October.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i'm almost positive that only his up-B has any armor. (up-B is not technically super armor, something similar). When you are grabbing someone and an explosion goes off, sometimes it doesn't disrupt you, does that count?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I always thought it would be better to have someone who sucks too much to be ranked to do the rankings. Then there's no issue with self-voting and all. With exception for Reflex, because everyone knows he's number one, so it doesn't matter.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I don't think i can make that tuscaloosca tournament, you aren't doing brawl singles till 7pm. I can't wait until that late...

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Well, none of this matters. At all. The world ends tomorrow.

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/09/the-bosons-that.html

Large Hedron Collider gets turned on tomorrow. For those who haven't read up on it, it's basically theoretical physicists to make an experiment and tell each other "I TOLD YOU SHOW" in the case that their cockamamy theories prove true by observing some sort of particle. In essence, it's an experiment that will find out what will happen when we throw one particle at another particle really, really, really fast. Like, 99.99% the speed of light fast.

Some people think it will form a black hole which will om nom nom the earth.

And now you're better informed.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i'm pretty sure a white pikmin will be the thing to om nom nom the whole earth

Besides, the Mayans say that the world will end in 2012. We have to have a world to end don't we?

What's tipped off 3? You can't capslock shout at me that it's melee and i don't care... but i heard someone mention it and i was searching for it but i can't find it in the forums

popsofctown

Smash Champion
the tournament has dream fountain on the stage list... so it's either melee, or i've died and gone to heaven

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
That's an awesome trip-post up there, but according to Duchock and the crazy Europeans with their Galactica Donut we're all going to be gone in roughly four years. Strange beams of light and planetary implosion FTL.

Edit: Chicago person. you are absolutely correct that I'm not driving to Chicago for a tournament. I already made that trip once and it's really boring save the scenery in the Kentucky mountains.

Top Bottom