• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Smash League - Season 3 Ready for AAAaaction

*Cam*

Smash Lord
At our last ASL TOs meeting, we agreed that Melee singles and Melee doubles will be free to enter at all of our tournaments. That means the prizes might be something small like a t-shirt for each of the winners, but it should open a new gateway for people who want to try out Melee. There will be pools at each event for Melee singles as well; we heard that was a common complaint at HASL.

We have also agreed to lower the cost of Brawl doubles to $5 per person.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol way to totally discredit melee.
"melee dudes, yeah you get a shirt if you win, oh brawl? 300 dollars ye son we doin it!!!"

*Cam*

Smash Lord
lol way to totally discredit melee.
"melee dudes, yeah you get a shirt if you win, oh brawl? 300 dollars ye son we doin it!!!"
First of all, Brawl singles has a grand prize of $150, and the Brawl players pay into the league to cover that cost.

Second, the top players of the Melee community: Chad, Moogle, J00t, etc. were the ones that proposed making Melee free.

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Augusta/Charleston, South Carolina, basically.
Is that free melee for ASL Members, or free melee for anyone willing to come for Melee? : x

.....I should just move to Atlanta, and going to Alabama would become that much less of a problem, because I really do like the idea of playin' at tournaments more frequently.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Is that free melee for ASL Members, or free melee for anyone willing to come for Melee? : x

.....I should just move to Atlanta, and going to Alabama would become that much less of a problem, because I really do like the idea of playin' at tournaments more frequently.
Melee is free for everyone, but non-ASL members can still be charged a venue fee at the door.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Melee should be free. Melee players can find ways of raising their own money for prizes, if they even want to. I totally agree that the best thing for melee in AL is to make it way more approachable.

Alabama Smash League

Smash Rookie
AUSOM 4's venue and date have changed. It's only 45 minutes away from Auburn. We moved it to the 29th. There won't be any more venue or date changes from now on.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I want to gauge how many people are planning to sign up for ASL. In order to do that, I would like it if all the people who are planning to sign up and pay will go ahead and fill out the registration form. You DO NOT have to pay yet; this will only sign you up for inactive membership. The form is here. Thanks.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I wish I could go to more AL tourneys. Mom's still reluctant about letting me go since HASL :c

DRN

Smash Lord
Sooo since this wasnt announced before i signed up can i get a refund?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Not sure that decision was particularly smart considering some things but I'm personally fine with it. I kind of like fighting against him and obviously I use him but it's nice to see someone having the balls to do it. Since the whole ASL thing is new and getting off it's feet I don't know whether it was wise for the long run but good luck! I'll still be attending of course since it's the people and fun I go for; nothing else. Plus, it's still dirt cheap and I save $100+ lol.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Make sure you follow the procedure, Cam :)
Yeah, I know. Ryker's handling it. He's going to message one of you guys. If it isn't approved, then we're still sticking by our guns though.

We're pretty good at collecting data though. I mean, just look at HASL.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The way I read the modified unity rules I thought you have to approve MK banned tournaments, since rulesets can only get rejected for being wonky and they suggested MK ban themselves.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm excited to see MK gone personally, however I'm sure there are some people against it. Hopefully this will be best for the league in the end.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i keep clicking the site to see where you took all the mk's off but it says that the webpage is down.
did you get a new link?

Top Bottom