• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Limeee

Smash Champion
the lack of DDD on the front page picture angers me, and Victra we should totally ditch our teamates and go falcon+ganon for ****s and giggles

aish

Smash Journeyman
Lack of many characters drawing every single character is more work than you think 8D

Vic how can there be melee friendlies we'll only be having 5 tv's D8 5 is also our max cause thats all it can fit =(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Vic how can there be melee friendlies we'll only be having 5 tv's D8 5 is also our max cause thats all it can fit =(
We'll just have a friendly set up after singles dies down a little bit like last time.
the lack of DDD on the front page picture angers me, and Victra we should totally ditch our teamates and go falcon+ganon for ****s and giggles
lolol no. <3 Sid, and I'll go going ganon regardless. ohoihoihoi

Limeee

Smash Champion
god ****it take me and michael hensel off the list, we will be gone this saturday, unless you change the times =(

EDIT: that means no MM with victra NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!1

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

):

Man, will anyone be at SK3? LOL Seriously xD

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry DMK, I agreed to team with Victor on MSN before I read Smashboards posts :-\ Can't back out of that.

Our team will be maximum furious.

T-block

B2B TST
^mike and jamie hensel are out now though

i'm bringing three friends again, plus vic and andrew are coming so we're at 18? there were some people at sou kawaii 1 who never showed up again =\ i remember there was an allen (asian) who was decent and pretty cool.

the roflz

Smash Rookie
Yeah i should be there as well, one of t-block's 3 friends (unless im not his friend anymore Q.Q lol).

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Man i'd love to come but I work and my bro( the other Olimar main DMK was talking about) is in Ontario. Also my next door neighbor who mains Jiggs wont come unless my bro does. I wouldn't be free for the weekend after if the date is changed but may I suggest August 15 or 29 for the august monthlies. Also if this one has a really small confirmed list you could scrap it and combine the july and august monthlies.(and do it say on the 15th when my crew will come ^_^ ) Also it'd be a hugh help if you could start setting the dates a bit farther in advance. I beleive this will help people like me who need like 2 months notice to take days off work. Like if you posted the september monthy date soon I could get it off for sure. I'm probably not alone in this boat(skrem mentioned something similar)

T-block

B2B TST
is your neighbor zach? tell him t-block wants him to come =(

don't scrap this one >_> even if it's small i'm sure everyone who goes will still enjoy it

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
yah my neighbours zack hes a great guy. I can decimate his link and D3 with rob but his jiggs still gets me everytime. I don't understand it. And i've been playing it for months so I have no johns. we only practice on neutrals. I should be wrecking his jiggs but on my best nights we go even. Also I can run with my bro's Olimar and wario but he's gonna be really rusty at the august monthly as hes got no brawl for 2 weeks. On a totally unrelated I prdict the november monthly is gonna bomb because modern warfare 2 is coming out and no one(including me) is gonna want to play brawl for a couple months. I have 8 DAYS of playtime on cod 4 and Zack my neighbor has 37 DAYS of playtime. i'm completely 100% serious. no joke 0.0 were addicted

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
It's double post time but I just found this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242903 and i beleive everyone should check it out. i now wish that TYler and luke had followed through on their MK ban at ADAT 2 (as I'm sure dan did as well) I think a tourney where MK was banner would be really good and although alberta has a pretty good spread of mains(the alberta brawl power list is testament to that) but MK is really becoming annoying at lower levels and in doubles. I think the tourney organizers should consider a hard(no MK allowed at all) or a soft(post a list of shame for those who played/switched to MK after they lost a game to embaress them and let the community rectify itself) ban

That means you aish consider it. You have my support for a ban although it may be way too late to implement it at the august 1st monthly we should all consider and discuss it for the actual agust monthly.

Edit 1 awww hensel you saved me from a double post, my first one ever

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The only place, if any, where MK should be banned is in singles. MK in doubles is no big deal. I am still not sure if banning MK in singles is necessary either.

T-block

B2B TST
i'm not coming to these anymore if MK gets banned

a) i don't support the ban in the first place
b) we're nowhere near as MK-saturated as EC and such is. alberta, of all places, does not need MK ban

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Alberta is a pretty nice place when it comes to smash. Like really, in Melee, no one ever cp's homo one-sided stages like poke floats, and no one ever resorts to using or even uses Sheik in general because no one wants to be gay. (Except Matt, he's as homosexual as humanly possible in melee >_>)

I think it's the same as in Brawl. Like, last year pretty much everyone was MK but ever since then that kinda died down. Like sheik, MK is kind of "soft-banned". You can go ahead and be a **** and cp with MK, but you're just gonna look like a desperate douche, and as such most people are discouraged from using MK, especially if you don't use MK at all to begin with.

Anyways, i'm too lazy to say anything anymore, or even get to the point that I was trying to make. Imma just go eat and then meet up with Mike for our date this afternoon.

lol Sid, but didn't you get discouraged from using MK even though you were the best brawler last year, because everyone was using MK? O;

T-block

B2B TST
oh ****... i've been thinking about picking up sheik and CPing pokefloats for my jiggs lol

i've never looked down on anyone for using MK =\ i don't think there are a whole lot of people who would, are there?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol. CPing any stage should not be a problem to anyone. CPing is the only good thing about this game, and if someone cannot handle a character/stage then that's their problem. Of course I use MK in situations where my two mains can't do much (see vs marth [Jack]).

aish

Smash Journeyman
lol Guys you can't go and say to try changing the date a few days before tourney, this date was there for like a long awhile now and you said nothing so its staying, can come to the august monthly :3 as I will for surely not make it the week after since I will be at Animethon :D as long as its over 13 people I'm content hahaha (need atleast 13 atendees for tournament rankings 8D)

I won't be thinking about putting in a metaknight ban at all unless he gets officially banned

Limeee

Smash Champion
have fun you crazy anti MK bans, the only thing that i won't like if there is an MK ban is that marth will be near the top, especially becuase his metagame is advancing like crazy

EDIT: how about for the next monthlie we just try a momentary MK ban for singles just to see how it works out

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I've been upgraded from "not coming to this" to "there's a chance I might be able to come". I'm supposed to be going camping with my family, but nothing has really been done to get ready to go yet, and this is coming up in only three days. Here's hoping...

:005:

aish

Smash Journeyman
I need a teamsies partner if jake is comings 8D I'd love you lots if you play mk 8DDD there's not even any mk players that attend these monthlies to even put a ban. I wanna put in the 1 char only rule instead 8D

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
marths metagame has barely advanced at all since brawl came out, lol

just spacing and mindgames other than that he doesn't have any useful AT's lawl

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If I make it to this, I'll probably be teaming with Colin again. Regarding the MK controversy, if anybody asks me to use MK in friendlies, I'd be happy to. Likewise, It'd be neat if anybody did the same against me. Practice makes perfect. =]

:005:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I think we should make this an MK only tourney. Any other character = DISQUALIFICATION

And I voted Anti-Ban

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
I voted to ban him. And aish sometimes I can't tell if your joking or not. Lawl all the soukawaii monthlies should be one character only and it should switch everytime. EPIC DITTOS!! (unless of course they're MK dittos which is basically who can spam better)

Oshi* BBBBBBBBBBBBBUPB okitscoolhesdead

Top Bottom