• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Frio

Smash Champion
I just bought this game recently, and my friends and I had a good time pounding on each other. After they left, I played a bit of the Story Mode, and decided to check out the boards for the game. Here's what I found out:

- Items are Cheap (Items spawn randomly, meaning everyone has an equal chance of picking them up)

- We Can Only Play Certain Stages (If a player is good, shouldn't they be efficient on all stages?)

- Meta Knight is Overpowered (No character is overpowered. Just use a character the way it was intended.)

I was just really disappointed with the community. Especially when I went to the online section, and found out no one likes using items and playing a variety of stages. I thought this game was more directed toward the casual fighting crowd? Why don't people play the game as intended?

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Items for competitive play is garbage.

But even Me, Brandon and Dan(+ fort sask crew) in general love to just whip out some items every once and awhile amd go stabby time with ganon FFA's with beamswords on, it's amazing fun lol

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I agree with Luke actually. It's not a lot of money, at all =/

And yeah, I like Luke's house too
lol
It's nice and cozy

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Soooooooooooooo if I quit my job I could make it to all the monthlies but then I wouldn't have money to enter them. AHHHHH the irony of life(actually I do have a grand saved up so thats like 33 tournaments if I only used it for smash LAWL. Really guys you can make enough to enter in a good day of panhandeling. Just send the little guy out to beg for money. i mean god dam I'd empty my wallet if he looked really sad/hungry/cold/beatup. 8( "Please sir may i have some more?"

aish

Smash Journeyman
Mmmmmmmmmm no not gunna drop it, maybe for doubles since there's not even pools for that. McD's would so take you in 8D now major events cost more like 15 to 20, if it's 10 the venue fee is like 10 bucks.

And more money you spend on a tournament more effort you'll put into it to make it worth it. Such as my spending of 800$ knowing for sure I'd get last 8D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I just found out that this is in my old neighborhood xD
Close to it anyways

I'm gonna try and stay at my friends house tonight, and then walk over to Sou Kawaii.
Let's hope that plan works out =/

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
haha that was back when I was a kid xD
So I don't remember everything that was stolen and all the drunk guys that hung out on our.....lawn....
xD

Anyways, I called my friend and I'll be staying in Edmonton tonight lol
Then I'll find a way to Sou Kawaii

Unless I decide to ditch and go to Heritage days :p
rofl

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
:p
I wish lol

I'm still gonna come to this, I just have a feeling I'll be late or something =/

I don't wanna miss doubles lol
>__<

Pitchshifter

Smash Rookie
Singles may be ending by 6 eh? I may be able to come, along with the fort crew, so we're going to FSU. If I do come, I'll bring a setup, but if I have to leave after singles, I'll be taking it with me =(

Frio

Smash Champion
If we still need set ups I guess I can bring mine. My wii also has alot of hacks including inf replay, tags, textues, and music

EDIT: I think ill take off the texture and music codes though for tourys

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

****!
I don't even know if I can get into the city now. All of my ride options didn't work out!!!!!

GOD!

*Calls a taxi*

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Darren!!! noooooo.

Also Van, the op says no outside food allowed, but can I bring my own lunch that I make at home?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Actually I have another plan in progress. Don't count me out just yet
:evil:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Well, first I asked my mom to drive me, but she's busy.
The I asked my brother, but he needs a new car battery.
So then I asked my dad, but he has to prepare for a trip tomorrow.
Oh and the friend I might stay with tonight trashed her mothers car awhile back.

But I'm gonna go hang out with my other friend soon, so I'll see if I can convince him to drive me into the city xD

You guys can't say I didn't try if I don't make it :mad:
But don't worry, I'll make it.

EDIT: lmao, my dad's black xD

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Good luck darren trying to get a last minute ride. >.<

It's really rare to find an attractive black women tbh.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
SO yah I couldn't get it off work so I really can't come. Also can we get a date for august and september? it really helps If I have the dates a while in advance plz.

Top Bottom