• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
It would be nice if this was a week before ADAT2 personally. I like brawl, but I know when enough is enough for one weekend. Seriously.
I don't disagree with this. On Sunday, I ended up at my friend's house where we usually play Brawl, but I didn't feel like it, so we just played Melee for a while instead. Two Brawl tournaments within the space of a couple days sounds cool in theory, but in reality, it's a great way to get sick of the game. And then there are the people who play both Brawl and Melee who are essentially playing Smash for three days straight. I can see putting this the week before resulting in a more enjoyable experience overall at ADAT.

Thanks for bringing this up; it never even occured to me, for whatever reason. Of course, it also depends on what works for everybody else, especially the tournament organizers.

:005:

aish

Smash Journeyman
Weekend before is 1337's birthday D: . And DMK it'd be so mean that I know for sure they're coming and I make it start before they even arrive D:

Or maybe the last day of the month then if it's too much? xD

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
If we did it a week before, couldn't we do it the day after, or before L337's birthday? Assuming it's on Saturday?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think the week after is better. I mean listen, people will take care of themselves when it comes to brawl. There will definitely be brawl fests. I think the weekend after is perfect tbh. Also I agree with what everything Jack has said; too much brawl is a bad thing, and the sunday could work aswell.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
so the suggested date is the 31st then ÉÉ

(grrr my keyboard is bein lame again) - somehow switches to a different region and the shift functions are all different... lame.

Dont matter to me when it is - but everyone is correct that too much smash is too much smash - 2 day tournament at adat2 and one day SK3 makes for at least 20 hours of smash inside a few days - thats excessive, by anyones standards.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'll be gone the weekend before and after gg, so this date would be perfect for me XD
This :p
Though I'm not attending this Brawl thing anyway XD

1337i's birthday is on saturday, I am holding a get together party on sunday at waterpark 8D I will see about july 31st
My birthday is the 26th, the sunday with the party :D

It would be nice if this was a week before ADAT2 personally. I like brawl, but I know when enough is enough for one weekend. Seriously.
Brawl is a slow game so it doesn't take much to tire of.

Still fun, but yeah, too much doesn't take too long. :\

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Yah did anyone find that book(if nobody has seen it don't go out of your way to look but if u frequent/work there i'd highly appreciate it if you took a peek. Also I honestly can't have too much brawl. While i was heading home that night I still really wanted to play but my bro said no so I stayed up watching brawl vids how sad is that. 12 hours of it and i still need another hit. Its my freaking crack cocaine. Also I work till 3 on the 31st but I could still make singles bracket and low teir. if I showed up late for pools could I enter straight into the brackets? you could just give me a bad seed. Or would that be unfair because the low pool seeds are being kicked out?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If you showed up at the end of pools, you could probably just join a pool and play all your matches right at the end. Kind of like what Superboom did in our pool, when he played all his matches at once, except you could likely do that at the end instead of the beginning.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
Fraser: While i was heading home that night I still really wanted to play but my bro said no so I stayed up watching brawl vids how sad is that. 12 hours of it and i still need another hit. Its my freaking crack cocaine.

lol!!!
at least you have a mostly regular human opponent :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
New comfirmed date, this doens't mean there won't be a monthly for august.
I mis-read the double negative here, and it made me sad. Then I read it again, and it all makes sense now. You had me there for a minute. o.0

It's a bit of a wait from now, but between ADAT 2 and Brawlfests, it shouldn't be as bad as the lack of Smash I experienced between You.three and Sou Kawaii 2. V.V

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
New comfirmed date, this doens't mean there won't be a monthly for august.
@Fraser-I have your book and I'll bring it to adat
Wait. What is the new confirmed date? The front page still says June 27? Also you were going to ADAT2 before right? You're not going out of your way to return it are you?

aish

Smash Journeyman
It looks like this month is very troublesome 8D so guess there'll be a few people missing ut on this one, it's going to stay on august 1, to those who cna't make it I'm sorry 8( it looks like every date I choose few people will be mising out, but no worries! We'll have more as its a monthly so there'll still be one in august you cna look forward to 83.
And yeah I was planning to go to ADAT2 so it's not out of my way xD

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Aha! Finally, a crack in the unrelenting eggshell that is the trio of KillLock, Alphicans, and Superboom. I shall use this to my advantage, and break into the top three! Mua ha ha!

Er...sorry about the egg analogy. I guess it's a Yoshi thing. V.V

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Aha! Finally, a crack in the unrelenting eggshell that is the trio of KillLock, Alphicans, and Superboom. I shall use this to my advantage, and break into the top three! Mua ha ha!

Er...sorry about the egg analogy. I guess it's a Yoshi thing. V.V

If the reputation of those three scares you, then you've already lost the match!

Even though I went out in pools, I was happy because I was the only one of the pool to take a game off Luke. I wasn't scared to play him even though he has beaten me like 20 times in a row, at least half of those being 3 stocks.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm not scared of them; they just always seem to make up the top 3 in some way or another. =/ I think I'm gradually getting better against Luke, and I even came close to taking a match off Dan in pools. I just made some critical mistakes that cost me the otherwise relatively close matches. I simply don't believe I am at the level where I can take a set off of them in a tournament match. One game...maybe. A full set...at least not yet. I'm working towards it though. ^.^

Kudos on that match, by the way. That must've felt good. =P

aish

Smash Journeyman
I should be happy from taking a match off chudat... ha ha hah...8D but DMK I understand the feeling alot 8D. With some peeps missing it may give some people a sense of motivation xD I guess. If anyones around sou kawaii you might as well drop by and see if anyone's in there to play 8D

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Dam srry guys I can't make the 1st either. Hopefully I'll see you all at the august monthlies or ADAT2.

aish

Smash Journeyman
well it's brawl melee brawl for the days, 1 day break
^Superboom

So would you guys want it back to july 23rd right before adat or this date august 1st. Imo havn't you guys gamed like days straight before or like a whole day(I sure have) so how can too much smash exist.

-Dan wanted this post!!

Also new banner 8D check it out on the first post!

T-block

B2B TST
as much as i'll miss the old banner, i'm lovin the PT rep in the new one

you can confirm me for aug 1 btw. i should be bringing my brother along too.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
wow this thread had died. I cast invocation of nehek. IRRESITABLE THREADNOMANCY on a 12 lolololololol u can't dispell it.(can anyone tell i just got home from a warhammer tourney?)

Top Bottom