• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Limeee

Smash Champion
great tourney you guys, i loved it next time i will stay the whole way with my bro'

EDIT: first
EDIT2: what hasn't anyone else commented after the tourney?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That was really fun. Second in both events again :(. I am just really bad at falco dittos I guess, I always mess up the spike, I get way too excited :\.

Colin I def would've came back with 2 wins in a row if I stayed =D.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Wow that went on for a long time, but none the less it was a lot of fun. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go pass out.

T-block

B2B TST
ggs all around guys

special mention goes to jack for epic marth battle, pitch for epic zss battle, and of course colin for our ridiculous losers finals set.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wait.

WTF

What happened to my cake? D=

This was pretty much awesome. I feel like I improved a lot just over the course of this one event. To everyone I played any kind of match with, thanks for the matches, and hopefully, we'll get the chance to play again soon. To everybody I didn't play against...we need to play sometime. Great stuff all around.

Also, I think the Low Tier tournament should become a permanent fixture of the monthlies. =3

:005:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So tantalizing...

What, T-Block, man. D: No mention of the spinsation? LMAO

"...oh, and that Cloud guy too. I guess."

You're so awesome. ♥ Lol SHOUTOUTS SOON!

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
Had a great time everyone, glad I was able to make it.
Those yoshi finals sets were craziness Firefly - you're a recognized monster!
.......wow its early... *groans*

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
For a brawl tourney, this wasn't too bad. Shoutouts in the results thread! Also, I'll probably come down to the next ones, but only if there's a friendly tv to tide me over through pools >_>

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone actually frequent/work at Sou kawaii whose posting here because I forgot something there and I was wondering if someone could pick it up and bring it to ADAT 2 if they were coming. It was a book(that'll teach me to bring something to read to a brawl tourney) Neuromancer by William Gibson. Anyone live in that area/frequent the shop?

PS Skrem you wanna go in for doubles at ADAT 2?

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
I'm completly down with Doubles Fras :) We should perhaps discuss that a bit more :p

I'll speak with Peter at Sou Kawaii, he may be able to help with locating that book - if Aish doesn't take care of it first :p

Certainly had a lot of fun anyway.
DMK your matches with me were tight, intense, and a lot of fun all around - you're really good with D3, hope my peach surprised you a bit :p
Last note of the day...Any upcoming smashfests? :p if so.... W(.)(.)T!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I like pools. Getting a hard match in round one is never fun (coughyouthreecough), and seeding gives us some control over what we have to start off with. Sure, it's time consuming, but it's also a good way to allow people to play others they wouldn't normally get to have matches with.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Date has been comfirmed! Right before ADAT2 8D and well since we do know the skill level of most people there is a possibility of no pools and just have time for friendlies. Still will take votes and decide whats best before touney day : D

*Tourney date subject to change

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wait...the day before ADAT 2, or the day before the Brawl portion of ADAT 2? Because if it's that latter, that will cause conflict with the people going to Melee on Friday, and if it's the former...well, that's a Thursday, and even though it's summer, it could interfere with people's work schedules.

I donno how many people will actually have problems with those dates, but it's something to keep in mind. We'll see how it goes.

Edit: Never mind, I actually looked at the OP. =3 The stuff about interfering with work schedules still stands though.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
Pools is cool, up to you still though if you're gonna cut the bottom seeder. :p
I think if we are able to manage it we should find a way to get a setup for friendly only matches, as a way to make the wait times for people not playing/waiting for the next events, a little smoother, because early elimination on doubles means a lot of standing around until the singles bracket pools begin. Some people waited around that didn't even do doubles... :)

Of course, that could be pushing it - and I'll make sure to bring a power bar next time so that if we end up with 8 tvs/wiis we can plug them all in :D

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Pools, and enforce start times. Mayble set a specific time of like 30-60 minutes for food runs? That way you can ensure that things move along on schedule and anyone who misses out did it to themselves.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I saw people doing friendlies while pools were still going on. I think some people are too shy to ask the people doing friendlies to move so things slow down a lot. Every TV should be doing a pool match until it's over. That means NO friendlies during pools. I think that would make things go a little bit faster, oh and more tv's/smaller pools.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I agree to pools. Going by an assumed idea of someone's skill isn't good, Aish. Because skill levels will change all the time. Hypothetically speaking, Yoshara could come back to Sou Kawaii and be a complete and total beast with Wolf, ****** everyone there, and because we just automatically assume that people like SuPeRbOoM and Alphicans are gonna be leading the pack, in brackets. But then wtf people got better! We didn't do pools! :O

See what I'm getting at? Pools will ALWAYS flesh out whose gotten better and whatnot, keeping it fair.

aish

Smash Journeyman
More tv's means more plugs and room D: as most of you know 4 tv's already fill out that small raised level and there's no plugs on the normal level besides where I plug my laptop but that area is for customers.
@DMK - we already had times set as you see our schedule is still there, we started kind of later than expected because I was waiting for Superboom to show up and singles pools was delayed because I was waiting for Vic to show up
@firefly - yes I did remember about the people who work and hoped the day chosen is a day people don't work. I assume none of us work full time xD what I didn't think about was someone taking summer school (luke lol 8D) so thats why I also put the date is subject to change if people really arn't comfortable with the current date.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I think it can be assumed that a good portion of the people going to this are also going to ADAT 2. I skimmed the ADAT 2 attendance list just now, and I recognized quite a few names there. And then you've got people like me, who haven't signed up yet, but are likely still going. =3

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm going to this and to Day 2 of ADAT2(I don't play melee).

And Aish, I know Superboom/Vic are chill people and all, but they're still just two people and I don't really think it's fair to keep dozens of people waiting because someone was late...if I can cajole my way out of working on a REALLY busy workday to attend, then people can make sure to show up on time :p

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
It would be nice if this was a week before ADAT2 personally. I like brawl, but I know when enough is enough for one weekend. Seriously.

Top Bottom