• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Keep it up Jamie. The only thing I hate more than tier whores are people who don't tier ***** on purpose to show their "honor." It makes me sick that people like that actually think they're better than the tier whores.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Jim. I dunno about Brawl but it's legit in Melee. All the top tier chars are pretty fun to play.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The only character I don't like playing against is samus/jiggs/luigi/peach but thats cause I use peach and those are just long boring match ups.

All the high tiers are fun to play as and against, imo

Bread~

Smash Journeyman

As time goes on, I'm slowly starting to like you less.

First you wanted to be Rhyme because you liked English (Or something like that, I forget). That's cool, you're white so it's ok.

Then you used mainly all top tier characters, but that's k cause it was mainly GaW and Snake or whatever but that's kay, you were still a rookie.

Then now you're using Falco and cging without remorse. Then you win because you cg'd -> spike and you act as if it's something to be proud of.

BUT THEN, WHEN YOU DISS BUBBLE TEA, THAT'S WHEN I DRAW THE LINE.

</3

I still love you though Jamie.

It's almost like he's a younger version of me. Brings a tear to my eye.
It's almost like I'm a nigger.

Keep it up Jamie. The only thing I hate more than tier whores are people who don't tier ***** on purpose to show their "honor." It makes me sick that people like that actually think they're better than the tier whores.
You're an idiot. People who do that earn my respect invariably. Of course them saying their better is dumb untill proven.

Hell, I'm willing to bet a million times over that Jack and Mike are both much much better players than you, easily. But hey, you still won because they actually play the game, not the two buttons that win.

Marth? Sheik? Even fox is lame to play as. Who are you kidding?
Uhhh wtf, Sheik was lame to play as, but it was still enjoyable, you should know you ****.

Pretty sure every character was fun to play as in melee, except for like... mewtwo if you didn't know how to doublejump cancel properly and just suicided a bunch.

i think i like brawl better than melee again lol

BRAWWWWWLLLLLL

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad you're an idiot if you actually believe that people have a sense of honor. Everyone is just as indecent as the next person it's just that they try to hide it. But then there are the people who are indecent on purpose to prove something, and then there are people like me who like to point these things out, and then feel good about it, but that's just how everything works, and you'd be stupid not to agree with me.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke's the kind of guy who will kick you in the balls in a fight and call it a win.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Luke's the kind of guy who will kick you in the balls in a fight and call it a win.
LMFAO!

I don't know why I found this so funny hahahaha
Maybe because I could see him doing that xD

T-block

B2B TST
i play PT because i have fun with him =\ everyone has their own reasons for playing brawl, so if someone wants to play to win then why are we judging? if anyone is seriously aiming to win with a "low tier" character and then tries to justify their loss by telling their opponent to "use a real character" or something, then i'll agree with luke in saying that they're an idiot.

applying morals and ethics to brawl is pretty silly

Limeee

Smash Champion
i play PT because i have fun with him =\ everyone has their own reasons for playing brawl, so if someone wants to play to win then why are we judging? if anyone is seriously aiming to win with a "low tier" character and then tries to justify their loss by telling their opponent to "use a real character" or something, then i'll agree with luke in saying that they're an idiot.

what he said,
also, don't ***** about my character choice, and i wasn't really proud of cging that guy when you called my name i was more laughing then anything.

and what luke said is legit, there is no honor in playing a ****ing video game

lulz

EDIT: no johns

sorry another edit because this is bugging me a bit
EDIT2: vic this is mainly at you
-bubble tea is gross
-wheres our match on rainbow cruise
-i play the top tiers because they always have some cool tool (i.e grenades, banana's) that i find interesting and love finding ways to use them better
-can't really think of anything else
- <3

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Brad you're an idiot if you actually believe that people have a sense of honor. Everyone is just as indecent as the next person it's just that they try to hide it. But then there are the people who are indecent on purpose to prove something, and then there are people like me who like to point these things out, and then feel good about it, but that's just how everything works, and you'd be stupid not to agree with me.
Luke, plenty of people have honour, theres even cases of people who have honour simply because they don't understand. Come on, stop trying to say ****.

I have a sense of honour, it may not be large, but if I have reason to feel honourable, hey, whats stopping me from feeling it?

This is fact.

If everyone was honest with themselves they'd think the same thing as well.
What Luke is saying here is: "Hey, they're still down, Whether or not I broke the rules and was a ***** ****** doesn't matter to me"

Seriously, ball kicking is an unwritten law, you can't do it unless it's life or death.

See, this is a smart statement. I Play for fun too, thats why I usually don't play brawl, because simply put, melee at competitive level gets more interesting, more options and huger combos open up when better playing is applied.

But in brawl the window is shrunk by competitive play, because the viable moves and combos are boiled down to realisticly two different options for any position in a match. (for example: Luke's falco, you camp with lasers untill they're close, and then upsmash or grab depending on how they approach. Thats it, nothing else really, not on purpose.)

Also the latter half of your statement, basically heres how it works.

If you play a low tier character? thats cool. If you stick with them and never change to like metaknight because you're gonna lose? Thats honourable. If you say that you lost because of it? No johns.

Personally, I'd prefer morals and ethics to apply to my competitive gaming, but on the outside. The inside is already a bunch of dumb animals fighting.

snake is a really stupid character

he actually doesn't belong in brawl >=(
Is it your time of the month of something? Mooooood swiiiings,.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
lul

my first post reflects my actual opinion. any statement i make saying "snake is stupid" or "lol tier *****" is probably being made in jest
There it goes again.

Seriously, next post is gonna be flippin a *****

KillL0ck

Smash Ace

HONOR?

THIS

IS

SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL

Also Luke, you should make a competitive scene for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and just main Ivan Ooze

you're the man now dog

Limeee

Smash Champion
on a post that actually involves the ****ing tourney

lets have a tv just for melee if we can because i'm interested in playing that game. but my copy crashes alot

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I played melee yesterday **** was bomb fun

so yes someone bring melee plz

also luke you still legit at melee?

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I'll host melee's myself. I think i can get away with it =p

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Sheik is the coolest, wish i knew how to play her well though... or melee at all for that matter. I'd love to get some melee in as well as brawl.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Did Mike do that? I never saw it.

That'd be cool, but you might as well just rest her on her lag without the sing.

(seriously, it's much safer, and you can hold the ledge better)

Limeee

Smash Champion
Sheik is the coolest, wish i knew how to play her well though... or melee at all for that matter. I'd love to get some melee in as well as brawl.
sheik has like, half the cast at a 80-20 match up, she's game breakingly ********

also, WHY DON'T YOU EVER PLAY MELEE WHEN I ASK YOU!~

T-block

B2B TST
Did Mike do that? I never saw it.

That'd be cool, but you might as well just rest her on her lag without the sing.

(seriously, it's much safer, and you can hold the ledge better)
it just looks too cool not to do

but if they're at f-smash ko percents, i'll go for ledge-cancel sing to f-smash instead of rest. that way they don't hit/kill you as soon as they respawn

Top Bottom