• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

T-block

B2B TST
so i was teaming with colin on friday in some doubles friendlies and one game he managed to kill himself four times and steal two of my stocks ._.

Frio

Smash Champion
Why cancel it? Each monthly we get a good number of people (25ish) if we had anymore it'd be too much :/

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I hope she desided to continue hosting the monthlies. if she doesnt feel up to it. I don't mind doing them.

Holy Mist

Smash Cadet
As long as there's some Melee being played, wanna step up mah game on that. Just needs to practice to get good at the game or will just sucks more. And its all your fault darren for most likely no more monthlies!!

Also who would be willin to team with me for doubles if its happening? you would have a olimar/Jiggs. I kept asking someone to partner with, but they don't acknowledge mah existence :{

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
As long as there's some Melee being played, wanna step up mah game on that. Just needs to practice to get good at the game or will just sucks more. And its all your fault darren for most likely no more monthlies!!

Also who would be willin to team with me for doubles if its happening? you would have a olimar/Jiggs. I kept asking someone to partner with, but they don't acknowledge mah existence :{
And I can vouch for him, when I was here I teamed with him and we did good.

We beat Colin and Mike.

Which I consider a good job.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
He hasn't played brawl for more than a year and didn't tornado once.

I'd consider that a good job.

Also, on the note of Vania thinking about dropping the monthlies, she and I were talking and I got a feel of where she's coming from. I'm sure it was the same reason as Randall, but in general she feels unappreciated as the host, and the fact that Shiro can just come by at any time and replace her makes her feel even worse. No offense to you though Shiro, it's nice that you offered.

You brawlers should keep in mind that the brawl community is how it is mainly because of these monthlies, and in turn, Vania. I'm gonna be making it down to the monthlies more frequently to lend a helping hand whenever I can. Remember, she volunteered for being a host to try to get the community going, and it worked. The least we can do is be a little more grateful than we are.

My 2 cents =D

Limeee

Smash Champion

Also, on the note of Vania thinking about dropping the monthlies, she and I were talking and I got a feel of where she's coming from. I'm sure it was the same reason as Randall, but in general she feels unappreciated as the host, and the fact that Shiro can just come by at any time and replace her makes her feel even worse. No offense to you though Shiro, it's nice that you offered.

You brawlers should keep in mind that the brawl community is how it is mainly because of these monthlies, and in turn, Vania. I'm gonna be making it down to the monthlies more frequently to lend a helping hand whenever I can. Remember, she volunteered for being a host to try to get the community going, and it worked. The least we can do is be a little more grateful than we are.

My 2 cents =D
i take it back then, sorry i didn't even see bread play but i assumed he was a scrub because of his high unusual placing with him hardly ever playing.

and yeah poor vania QQ
we should give her more love and not take her tournaments for granted

Alphicans

Smash Hero
We appreciate Vania (at least I do), it's just as a community we prefer NAIT/Apoc over Sou Kawaii. I mean when she makes mistakes with the money, and doesn't provoke people to do matches then we have to say something and try to get things more organized. It's what is to be expected when you volunteer to do something like this, and that's the truth. And obviously if you (Vania) stop hosting these then everyone will understand, but don't take it offensively that we're welcoming Shiro to host instead of you because the main reason we're doing this is for the brawl and not for you. That may sound a little bit harsh but it is what it is and it shouldn't be a surprise.

Holy Mist

Smash Cadet
oh shiet. Holy Mist, are you Sean the guy who teamed with Brad?
no im not Sean. just a figment of your imagination, im just an optical illusion >.> <.< >.>
go back to your daily life nothing to see here folks

T-block

B2B TST
i take it back then, sorry i didn't even see bread play but i assumed he was a scrub because of his high unusual placing with him hardly ever playing.
wouldn't that mean he's...not a scrub, or something? .______.

We appreciate Vania (at least I do), it's just as a community we prefer NAIT/Apoc over Sou Kawaii. I mean when she makes mistakes with the money, and doesn't provoke people to do matches then we have to say something and try to get things more organized. It's what is to be expected when you volunteer to do something like this, and that's the truth. And obviously if you (Vania) stop hosting these then everyone will understand, but don't take it offensively that we're welcoming Shiro to host instead of you because the main reason we're doing this is for the brawl and not for you. That may sound a little bit harsh but it is what it is and it shouldn't be a surprise.
lol luke is so sensitive <3

I'm gonna be making it down to the monthlies more frequently to lend a helping hand whenever I can.
in my mind, royal blue has become the equivalent of liiiiies

vania if what vic says is true, then you should know we all <3 you whether we show it or not. any criticisms we have are only to help you become an even better host, and they're certainly not anything against you personally. i know i've been looking forward to every monthly since they started, and i'd be really sad to see them go.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
but you play metaknight.

Which I don't consider a good job.
I agree, but at least I'm honest and start with him.

I switch to DK when I feel like I need something else, which at least proves I'm not just switching to MK because I'm getting counterpicked (even though realistically, I would play DK all the way if he was as solid as MK >_> but I don't play brawl, the reason I even play MK is kinda a huge joke from back before most of the brawlers today existed)

tl'dr

My 2 tl'dr's =D
Lol I don't. All I did was downsmash, it took me like two matches to get used to how people play brawl.

The only problem I had is I know nothing about new data like matchups, and I still don't even know how to cancel MK's Shoop da loop without holding back or attacking. (it's x right?)

The only problem I could really complain about is that cursed holding down + Cstick thing.

IT SHOULDN'T DOWNTILT. WHAT THE ****.

oh shiet. Holy Mist, are you Sean the guy who teamed with Brad?
=3

and yeah poor vania QQ
Haha, my play was nothing fantastic, despite the fact that judging by audience and noise they were actually the most interesting matches there (I'm good at 2v1 I guess =/ ) But yeah, I dunno, I'm good because I'm good at melee, and when brawl came out I liked it.

But then I played Luke once and decided the game was dumb competitively.

I've made more money playing brawl than I ever have playing melee though =[

If you want to judge me, I took a match off luke, and almost beat him in the second match in losers... semis. Not one of my matches was fluke I'd say. except maybe the comeback against Mike W and Colin. Because after I took out Colin Mike should've been able to take me (considering he wrecked me in singles) but he had a moment of awful DI. *Cough* brawl DI *cough*

no im not Sean. just a figment of your imagination, im just an optical illusion >.> <.< >.>
You post a lot cuter than you are IRL

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

and yeah poor vania QQ
lol Brad a scrub? Know your history son! Brad back in the day when he played was pretty much the best brawl player in Alberta.

I don't think she's too upset over the choice of venue. Also keep in mind that TOs aren't perfect and they do their best to make things run smoothly. We all can't be Randalls. This is the same reason why Brad and I helped out you guys for ADAT2 and how Brad helped out for CAST4. Tournaments should be about getting together and having fun, and as such everyone should lend a helping hand.
I'll take that as a yes. For some reason I thought you'd be like, small and black for some reason. Kinda like Abdi.

vania if what vic says is true, then you should know we all <3 you whether we show it or not. any criticisms we have are only to help you become an even better host, and they're certainly not anything against you personally. i know i've been looking forward to every monthly since they started, and i'd be really sad to see them go.
hahaha. I suck, it's true. I try my best though ):

Yeah i'd like to add on that note. People may sometimes get upset over little things, but the criticism for the most part, really helps you become a stronger organizer. Plus, I'm sure you know the community as close as I do so you must know that everyone's pretty much a sweet heart. Sometimes people have other obligations or a bad day, but for the most part we have a pretty nice community over all.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
wouldn't that mean he's...not a scrub, or something? .______.

lol luke is so sensitive <3

Lol, you'd think that. But I think he means it was just fluke.

Luke is so dumb.

and best statement of ever, Victra is lies when it comes to showing up, he almost ditched SK5.

I guess I should address Vania: I enjoyed your tournament, which is saying a lot since I don't enjoy brawl. If you feel like stopping, I don't blame you, theres a reason nobody is hosting in the first place. Like Calgary has nothing at all, because nobody is willing. It would be a shame to see you stop, but luckily enough there is another person willing to host, and realisticly there only needs to be one monthly, because if theres too many, they won't get good turnouts.

But if I might suggest something: if you feel unappreciated and nobody is helping you, just take control. It is YOUR tournament, you can boss people around as much as you'd like. Hell, you could kick Luke out for showing up. There is no arguing because you're the one with power. If you want help, just ask, the same way I ended up helping, someone should always be able to do that.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman

1. lol Brad a scrub? Know your history son! Brad back in the day when he played was pretty much the best brawl player in Alberta.

2. I don't think she's too upset over the choice of venue. Also keep in mind that TOs aren't perfect and they do their best to make things run smoothly. We all can't be Randalls. This is the same reason why Brad and I helped out you guys for ADAT2 and how Brad helped out for CAST4. Tournaments should be about getting together and having fun, and as such everyone should lend a helping hand.

4. hahaha. I suck, it's true. I try my best though ):

3. Yeah i'd like to add on that note. People may sometimes get upset over little things, but the criticism for the most part, really helps you become a stronger organizer. Plus, I'm sure you know the community as close as I do so you must know that everyone's pretty much a sweet heart. Sometimes people have other obligations or a bad day, but for the most part we have a pretty nice community over all.

1. Lol, I won't lie, it's true. Because Dan doesn't count.

2. Randall NEVER ran a tournament without a problem. EVen bi-weeklies. lol.

3. Listen to Victor, he's the epitome of bad hosting (he didn't even show up to his own tournament once. He really hosts tournaments to see people and play them, he doesn't really run them...)(no offense vic <3)

4. YOU ARNT TRYING YOUR BEST OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT SUCK. DIDN'T YOUR FATHER TEACH YOU THIS? TRY YOUR ASIANEST!

T-block

B2B TST
even the white people know that "asian" is basically synonymous with "best"

i'm always willing to help with running the tourney if i'm not getting food. really the only issue i've ever had is tio seeding stupidly, but we know how to fix that now ^_^ so feel free to ask me to help out whenever - i don't mind yelling at people

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I feel really bad for being so ungrateful. The worst was after the mess with the singles bracket at SK4, where everybody (including myself) was complaining about the bracket, and Vania had to just sit there and listen to everything while trying to sort it out. I've always appreciated all the work you put into this, but it's so much easier to point out flaws than it is to point out the good things. V.V I'll be sad if you stop hosting, but you really shouldn't have to put up with the kind of BS that happened in August again. >.>

:005:

Top Bottom