• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aib Vs Swr

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry guys, but it looks like AIB is gonna **** us...Ally and HolyNightmare on their side. wtf.

We better hope that Azen/M2K feel like joining up, or we stand no chance =D
I have no idea if Azen plays online but M2K is a complete snob towards it so that's out of the question. I know that great players like Hylian, Futile, Xyro77, Boss8, Santi, and Overswarm sometimes practice online so they would probably be good to look into.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
excuse meeeeeee, princess
Sorry, it had to be done. The reference was right there waiting.

No need to get upset, I just proposed an alternate, 'fair' (in my estimation at the time) method of selecting individuals so as to make sure the best is representing SWF as opposed to the subjective method of relying on an 'old boy network' for representation. No need to get all grumpy and call it ridiculous- you could have just as easily said "Hrm, I don't think this is a good idea for the following reasons"

But, que sera, sera- as the saying goes. At any rate, I mentioned something along these lines to Hylian last night (although it was concerning the AiB vs GB crew battle) and he seemed somewhat interested in it.

I am in no way speaking for him, and the assumption is drawn merely from idle conversation on tangentially related topics. But, someone (I can't remember who, and I'm too cloudy eyed *just woke up* to pick out who it was) was concerned about the possible calibur of players.

Of course, if mentioning it to Hylian is ridiculous too, a thousand pardons.

Edit: It was Anth0ny & Fatmanonice who mentioned the supposed dire straits of SWF in terms of available players.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
crew battle please, ill be on aib side

aib just got done beating gamebattles lol

edit: ill only join if its a crew battle, its more intense

edit 2: i just talked to co18, supernova you messed up, he wants to play for aib

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
double post but whatever

actually i think itd be better if you let AiB and SWF make their own rosters......not just let anyone in that says "i wanna play for this side" to automatically get in =/

Exia 00

Smash Champion
double post but whatever

actually i think itd be better if you let AiB and SWF make their own rosters......not just let anyone in that says "i wanna play for this side" to automatically get in =/
Then how will the rosters be picked ? I agree with the idea but i'm just unsure about who will determine the final roster and how it will be determined. Maybe a some "greats" might join and they best represent SWF, but what if there is not enough people ? How will "spares" be decided ? Forgive me, I haven't read the entire thread :p

Btw, how many people should there be ? (assuming its a crew battle)

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
freakin power ranger invasion D:, glyph's probably working something out already, he is our super special mod ranger :D
Hehe he doesn't want me to be the black ranger. Which can b easily interpreted to that he wants someone with a black name like eddie. ^-^lulz

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
There is...
I don't know about a black name though <.<
Anyways this has nothing to do about this listing. So no more power ranger posts.
No matter how uber they are.

Bailey

Smash Hero
You really shouldn't have random people with like 100 posts representing us because they suck.

I'd do it but I'd only play on weeknights at like 7. No Friday, Saturday or Sunday

Dart

Smash Lord
^ i have to disagree with you there...some people just don't frequent these places enough to post ALOT. Sorry :p.

Snare

Smash Lord
There is...
I don't know about a black name though <.<
Anyways this has nothing to do about this listing. So no more power ranger posts.
No matter how uber they are.
there's green and black and i think maybe white.

It is said that one with a white name shall come in our time of greatest need... :D

cba

Smash Master
You really shouldn't have random people with like 100 posts representing us because they suck.

I'd do it but I'd only play on weeknights at like 7. No Friday, Saturday or Sunday
UM you just smacked yourself there. when ZEONSTAR won his first tourney he had less than 50 and Bunnyma barely has 100 and hes one of the best in the OTL section so dont post unnecessary dumb stuff.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Then how will the rosters be picked ? I agree with the idea but i'm just unsure about who will determine the final roster and how it will be determined. Maybe a some "greats" might join and they best represent SWF, but what if there is not enough people ? How will "spares" be decided ? Forgive me, I haven't read the entire thread :p

Btw, how many people should there be ? (assuming its a crew battle)
15v15 would be good

also as for choosing who would represent, each side would have to devise their own way to do that

for AiB its probly gonna be the same roster as we used for the AiB vs gamebattles crew battle. And for that we had a select 3-5 (respectable) players pool together ideas, invite/ask people if theyd like to be in the roster, and come up with a roster, based on skill, character used and stuff. Like 8-10 people were already a given (obvious from the start) to be in the roster anyway lol so its not that hard

Bailey

Smash Hero
UM you just smacked yourself there. when ZEONSTAR won his first tourney he had less than 50 and Bunnyma barely has 100 and hes one of the best in the OTL section so dont post unnecessary dumb stuff.
Um yea but they were good.

The MAJORITY of people stink. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the higher your post count the better you are (IE; Dylan_Tnga) I am just saying that chances are if you have more posts you have at least seen/read more and know more. There are still stupid people with high post counts, but I think we should get the better brawl players to represent SWF.

cba

Smash Master
Yes, true.
im a noob w/ a high post count. But it doesnt necessarily need to be based on that.

Dart

Smash Lord
Well it was still kind of elitist :/. But really what are we gonna do to decide cuz i really want to play Ally and Holy.

Supernova757

Smash Apprentice
Guys listen, we're not picking top people to represent us. Anyone who wants to join can join. End of discussion. If you have a problem with it, simply don't go to the tournament. It's not the end of the world. {This is coming from the guy who's hosting the **** thing}. So everyone just relax.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
so its still last man standing? if so then take me out of the list

if youre gonna change it to a crew battle then add me again lol

edit: actually go ahead and make this one last man standing, ill just make another thread for a crew battle

Supernova757

Smash Apprentice
so its still last man standing? if so then take me out of the list

if youre gonna change it to a crew battle then add me again lol

edit: actually go ahead and make this one last man standing, ill just make another thread for a crew battle
It is a crew battle. After all of one team's crew members are eliminated. then the other team wins. get it?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This has been bugging me.

Its "Smash World Forums", there's no "r"

Snare

Smash Lord
This has been bugging me.

Its "Smash World Forums", there's no "r"
yes there is! ><

glyph maybe we should have this posted on other parts of the forums, which ones could we spread the word to without getting banned on great mod one :p

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
It is a crew battle. After all of one team's crew members are eliminated. then the other team wins. get it?
1st set of Matches:

Supernova757 vs ChiboSempai
M.S.A.S. vs Niko_K
Xzax vs CO18
Ally vs Shadowfirex100
Dizmy vs UltimateRazer
HolyNightmare VS Owndizzl3r_Ownag3
cba vs Poltergust
Hot_Arms vs EPsucks1337
RoK the Reaper vs PhoenixoKaZe
CO18 vs thesilentmarth

that is not, in the smash community's sense, a crew battle