• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soooo I'm reading and the like. I don't see BardullScum, like at all. I moreso see Ryker/Raz as scum out of the attack on him. Kanty i dislike but he most likely is town no matter how much I want him to be scum.

Vlade should still claim.

TB's claim is really *ahem* questionable.

Ryker/TB->whoever is left between the two/Raz

That's just imo. I'm debating which way of TB and Ryker to go. Leaning a certain way but not saying which.

Uhm, RR is kind of hiding. o.o Where art thou?

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Meeeeeeh stupi tiredness, I don't really think Razzy i scum but hmmm need to mull it over more.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
He's town, i just don't like him this way is what I mean. So Insomewht agree to your "obnoxious but town" sentiment but in a nicer way.

Vlade should claim since everyone else has and he has been really eager to claim so I am very curious as well.

For me this game has become like a book I'm reading and he's claim is a cliffhanger I just need to know what is going to happen. :3

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You're obnoxious. Die.
You know what's more obnoxious? Instead of trying to counter my line of logic with a legitimate Town train of thought, you deflect it with "you are obnoxious. Die." You are, without a doubt, scum. You had no excuse to do what you did. You can't even give me a legitimate response.

You have too much pride and you care too much about your self image to play the dumb town card, that's your problem. You're so concerned about maintaining this image of greatness that you have no choice but to try and ignore this gaping hole in your play, and here's a fun fact: I'm going to rip it even wider until your flip. We both know you're not stupid though; fear got the best of you and you were afraid of my possible Watcher claim. That's the only reason why you wanted me to claim after you.

DIE.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*side-note from J peanut gallery*

Ryker's full-force Bardull scum without any substance is bad. Whether it be scummy who knows yet. Also something's bugging me about Ryker compared to his earlier posts in this day phase and his posts now. Smelling a contradiction maybe? *shrug* no time for me to personally dig but just some vibes atm.

Now sleep.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Vote Count
T-block [2]: Kantrip, Ryker
Raziek [2]: J, Vlade

Red Ryu [1]: T-block
Bardull [1]: Raziek
Ryker [1]: Bardull
Kantrip [0]:
Vlade [0]:
J [0]:

Not Voting: Red Ryu

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for lynch.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm claiming now since it appears it is time to do so.

I'm BMO, Good Guy, i.e. Vanilla Townie. Flavour about being roommates with Finn and Jake and that I have something similar to a Korean accent.

Vlade

Social Outcast
He was Indy in Death Note and got lynched D1. I haven't played with him recently except for BBR mafia, which I think he was Town in.
I was scum in that game.

T-block picks Ryker and Red Ryu
Ryker picks T-block and Bardull
Raziek picks Bardull and Vlade

Welp. Scumreads are all over the place. T-block and Ryker both have each other as their top scum pick. Do you guys think you could do some sort of thing about this? Maybe T-block makes a case and Ryker spouts about how T-block doesn't have one?

I also want to see Vlade and Bardull respond to what Raziek thinks of them.

Meanwhile, I shall reread Red Ryu.
I read what Raziek had to say about me and all I can say is that he's not taking a holistic approach towards my play when making his read on me. All he's done is made baseless conjecture on a couple of my posts.

Same goes for you. You haven't played with me recently enough to meta me.
This is true, but meta isn't the sole basis for me suspecting you. Mainly the fact that even when your computer got fixed you weren't doing anything in this game makes me look towards you when I had town reads on a lot of other people.

Don't want Vlade to claim.
I don't understand why you were so desperate for me not to claim? Before you were so adamant about claiming after me but then all of a sudden you didn't want me to claim at all? Why the sudden changing of your mind?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Is Raziek your top scum pick at the moment?
Nah not anymore. Raziek's actually doing stuff now and I'm liking his examination of my posts but he's only considered a small portion of my play when making his read. I feel Raziek's more likely to be VT than Bardull and Ryker are. T-Block's claim is also questionable with regards to his alignment, though that is undoubtedly his role. Before T-Block's claim I considered him to be town but after the claim I can't help but think of the possibility of him being scum.

Vote: T-Block

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Guys, DO NOT PUT YOUR VOTES ON T-BLOCK. Not yet. I'm writing a big post that will confirm, without a shadow of a doubt, that Ryker is scum.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
T-Block MIGHT be scum with Ryker. I don't know yet. But I don't want any blitzes or alphastrike bull**** happening before then. Vlade, please unvote.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's not LyLo, I don't see what kind of scum would feasibly alpha strike when they'd just get lynched for it the next Day. What are you so paranoid about?

I look forward to seeing your case on Ryker though.

I'll unvote anyways I guess :/

Unvote

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright, this REALLY needs to be addressed. EVERYONE needs to look at this. This is big and largely why I believe--no, I KNOW Ryker is scum. He is now my strongest scum read next to Raziek, who is second. T-block is third.

J, I am NOT claiming before Bardull and for good reason.
This is problem number one. Ryker had no real reasoning to want me to claim before him at this time. There's no explanation. Nein. Nada. Zip. Zop. This is the first red flag that made me begin to see our dear fellow in a different light. I didn't understand why he wanted the claim order in this way, and why he wanted me to claim before him. It didn't make any sense at first. It really came right out of left field. Then comes problem number two...

Is that so? My, my, that's news to me. Last time I checked, I was going to get to do my big reveal. I thought it was gonna be all cool and ****. You know, especially since I you and I met up last night. I guess we're at an impasse. Not going to get anywhere with this. Guess we move forward.

I claim Jake and I have an investigative result on Bardull. That is all I am claiming at the moment. Bardull claims now.
Once Ryker realizes that he isn't going to get a claim out of me before he claims, he claims Jake, and he claims an investigative result on me. Here's where problem #2 comes in.

Why? What was this all for? There's still no explanation why he so direly wanted me to claim first. I had already retracted, and yet he was so worried. It made no sense! But wait, there's something else that doesn't make sense:

Actually, I'll just claim while I'm ahead of myself.

I'm Jake The Dog, Good Watcher. I watched Swords last night.

GG.
Problem number 2 is...oh, that's interesting, I already claimed Jake The Dog, so why did RYKER claim JAKE?

This isn't a question that can be answered right away. I'll get back to it later on.

What's more important is that everyone understands that what Ryker tried to do was not a gambit. Here's why:

I AM Jake The Dog, after all. I had ALREADY claimed Jake at the very start of the Day. So, here's a big question all of you need to ask yourselves: "what was the point of his post then if it wasn't a gambit?"

I wanted him to feel pressure to claim where he had been so we had it on record. Hard to do with a tracker and an inventor outed. No reason not to try though.

Didn't remember he claimed a character. Still don't remember him claiming a character.
You're smart, but my intellectual capacity for perceiving through mankind's greatest weavers of deception is FLAWLESS. I'm good. Scary good. Boogie man good. You enter the ring with me, and you die a painful, painful, painful death.

This was anything but clever; I saw through it pretty easily. ^_^

Alright, silly self ego stroking and teasing aside, Ryker claims JAKE. Why? This is the biggest discrepancy in his play; he could have claimed Cinnamon Bun. What was his intent for doing this? Why didn't he claim Cinnamon Bun before when he was trying to "gambit" me? This is the big **** up that seals his fate.

Why claim Jake? What is the intent? Why not claim Cinnamon Bun?

Remember, Ryker stated that he "did not remember my character claim."

So, again, I ask the question:

What's the difference between Cinnamon Bun and Jake?

I'll tell you.

From Ryker's point of view, there is no difference. He "didn't remember" my claim.

Yet, for some reason, he claimed Jake anyway, when that wasn't even his role.

Strange, isn't it?

Here's what really happened:

The likelihood that I was actually Watcher even after I retracted was high. Really high. Way too high, and for three reasons:

Reason 1: Claiming Watcher as a VT is very risky and extremely bold. In this set up, Watcher was a likely role, but no one had claimed it yet or CC'd except for me.
Reason 2: I "knew" that T-Block was the vote manipulator, and I also stated on D2 "inb4 nabe flips vote manipulator vampire *****." This information suggested that I was very likely a PR since I was "too lucky to have made the right guesses."
Reason 3: I wifom'd like CRAZY before the mass claim.

Now, lets assume Ryker is Scum for a moment.

If I really did "watch" Swords, then Ryker and his potential scum mate (if he had one, which he probably does) were ****ed. The likelihood of this happening was simply way too high for Ryker; getting caught in a VT claim during mass claim, and then getting claimed guilty by me as un CC'd watcher, was too likely to happen because of the reasons I stated above. So the first thing he does is...

"I want BarDulL to claim before me, and I have a good reason."

Ryker suspected that I was still gambit'ing by "retracting" my claim. He believed that I was trying to put Scum into a false sense of security prior to a mass claim. Then, once he claimed VT, my gambit would snap shut, and scum would lose, so he continued to try and get me to claim first. However, I wouldn't let up no matter how much pressure was on me.

Once Ryker realized that there was no way he was going to get me to claim before him, he suspected the worst: "BarDulL is the Watcher! He's waiting for me to claim VT, and then he's going to have me lynched!"

Knowing this, Ryker took a pre-emptive approach to the problem: he claimed Jake with an investigative result on me.

But why?

In the event that I was actually Jake, Good Watcher, it would be my claim against his in a battle of CCs.

Jake is the stronger claim against Cinnamon Bun; a Cinnamon Bun claim with an investigative role doesn't weigh up to a Jake claim in terms of flavor. It would also make me more suspicious if Ryker claimed Jake.

However, the chance that I claimed VT was still there, so he decided to handle this problem by crumbing "I'm Lying." In the event that I claimed VT, Ryker would use his crumb to back out of the investigative claim if this actually happened, and make himself seem like he was baiting or gambiting me.

But we know that it wasn't a bait or gambit; I had already claimed Jake. If Ryker was trying to gambit or bait me, then he would have used the Cinnamon Bun claim.

Everything fits into place.

Which leaves me at my final point: is there a TOWN explanation for Ryker's actions? Does it make ANY sense at ALL to do what he did if he was actually Town? Remember, he DID NOT REMEMBER THAT I HAD CLAIMED JAKE, and he HAD NOT PUSHED ON ME BEFORE. Why claim Jake when he wasn't actually Jake then? Why go to such lengths to gambit me or bait me, let alone have me claim first? How does it make any sense as Town?

GG Ryker.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I just read through that and I'm having trouble understanding why Ryker can't take most of that and just switch the names around to make it fit in his favour.

Also, why would his partner be screwed if you watched Ryker visit Swords? His partner should be unaffected here.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It was still possible that his partner, if he has one, was the one who targeted Swords. I imply that Ryker was the one who visited Swords, but it really could have been him or his potential scum mate.

You should try seeing if it works in reverse before you actually say it does. :|

On another note, you need to remember that the Jake claim makes NO SENSE. There's no Town explanation for it! There is only a scum explanation. Why use Jake and not Cinnamon Bun? Ryker can not provide an explanation either; "he didn't remember that I claimed." Only a scum incentive can be found from doing this.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The big three questions I have for Ryker:

Why, out of nowhere, did he want me to claim before him?

Why did he try to "bait/gambit me?"

"Why did he claim Jake?"

If he can provide suitable answers for all of these questions, I'll let him go, but they NEED to be answered first before we move on to anything else.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't understand why you were so desperate for me not to claim? Before you were so adamant about claiming after me but then all of a sudden you didn't want me to claim at all? Why the sudden changing of your mind?
Positioning. You always offer less that you're willing so you can barter later.

The only ones I cared about claiming were Bardull and T-Block. Your claim was wholly unnecessary as no one is making the play about you anytime soon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wow, I just skimmed Bardull's large post. It's a strawman of my entire play. No mention of anything "scummy" from before I wanted to pressure the claim of my two biggest scum picks. Not even a single reference to Radical Fiction.

Going to a Smashfest today.

Expect me to be V/LA this weekend. I'm traveling 6 hours to a tourney.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Deflecting. Deflecting. You're trying to avoid the obvious truth by calling me scum instead. Explain why you used the Jake claim. You're so god damn suspicious and you won't provide a thought process for us to look into even though you probably realize this.

Have some respect and take some time out of your day to explain to me why I'm wrong. Quit calling me scum because I'm NOT, and CONVINCE ME why I shouldn't push your lynch toDay.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Asking a question in response to another question, smooth Ryker. You're definitely not suspicious at all.

I already explained, in DETAIL, why this is important. My theory PROVES YOU ARE SCUM. Using the Jake character claim is a LEGIT scum slip on your part.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Face the facts: you ****ed up by not claiming Cinnamon Bun because you were afraid that I was the real Watcher. You had no Town motivation for claiming Jake.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Deflecting. Deflecting. You're trying to avoid the obvious truth by calling me scum instead. Explain why you used the Jake claim. You're so god damn suspicious and you won't provide a thought process for us to look into even though you probably realize this.

Have some respect and take some time out of your day to explain to me why I'm wrong. Quit calling me scum because I'm NOT, and CONVINCE ME why I shouldn't push your lynch toDay.
Convince me that I need to.

You've got no ammo because your gun is loaded with WIFOM. I like the chainsaw defense here though. Keep at it.

The answer is right in front of your face, it's not that hard to grasp, but I'll tell you what, little buddy, you answer my question satisfactorily and I'll answer your's.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Convince me that I need to.

You've got no ammo because your gun is loaded with WIFOM. I like the chainsaw defense here though. Keep at it.

The answer is right in front of your face, it's not that hard to grasp, but I'll tell you what, little buddy, you answer my question satisfactorily and I'll answer your's.
My gun is loaded, and it's loaded with the only plausible explanation for doing what you did; the Jake claim ties everything together in a nice little knot with a big RYKERSCUM written on it. There is no WIFOM; there is only a scum interpretation of why you used the Jake claim, nothing more, nothing less.

That sounds pretty important to me.

Kantrip, J, Vlade, and whoever else is Town (probably RR by PoE, maybe T-Block, still think Raziek is more likely to be scum than the other two), help me get Ryker to explain why he used the Jake claim. It is extremely crucial that he explains himself and his reasoning. Please give me your votes and force him to thoroughly explain his actions regarding wanting me to claim first, the Jake claim, and the supposed "bait" that he did. I guarantee you that we will find that he is scum, without a doubt, during cross examination.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't want any blitz alphastrike **** goin on. :troll:

Carry on without a town brigade behind you, Bardull. This needs to be you vs Ryker. He said he'd answer your questions if you answered his.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kantrip, I already answered his question as to why this is important: as far as I can tell, there is NO TOWN INCENTIVE FOR CLAIMING JAKE. I've explained myself a couple times already, the Jake claim was a legitimate scum slip on Ryker's part, and I've explained why he did it as Scum. Ryker simply refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of my claim.

Don't give me votes then; threaten him if you have to, but this NEEDS to be done before we can move on.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey Ryker: T-block and his scummate only need one townie to put their vote on you and then they can alpha strike. Also we need to move on and stuff and I guess I'll vote you if you don't get this all answered tomorrow.

-shrug-

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Addaboy.

Ryker, explain your thought process going into why and WHEN you felt I was scum, why you felt that me claiming before you was crucial, why you you felt it was necessary to "bait/gambit" me, and why you claimed an investigative result on me as Jake and not Cinnamon Bun.

Or die.

Top Bottom