• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

[COLLAPSE="General Rules and Information"]Fundamentals
1.) Treat others as you would like to be treated. Things get heated every once in a while, but this is supposed to be fun.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are not allowed to make any more posts.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players (including hydra communication). You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
11.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.
12.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, etc.

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Circus.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Evil Eye. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 10 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Game-Specific Rules and Information"]Game-specific
1.) In this game, Vanilla Townies are referred to as "Good Guys," and Mafia Goons are referred to as "Evil Henchmen." This is strictly a flavor change and does not impact how those roles function in any substantive ways.
2.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
3.) I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue.
4.) I do not confirm the absence or presence of any other roles
5.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
6.) I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions, nor do I confirm or deny the presence of third-party factions.
7.) If you are using a hydra account for this game, all posts must be made on the designated account. If a post is made on a separate account, then that post must be quoted by the hydra account.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Player List"]Alive
10. Kosha Boy Red Ryu (The Lich, Evil Roleblocking Yakuza)

Dead
1. Overswarm (The Ice King, Good Jailer) — lynched Day 1
8. Gorf (Lumpy Space Princess, Good Guy) — killed Night 1
6. Nabe (Quartzion, Evil Henchman) — lynched Day 2
11. Sworddancer (Princess Bubblegum, Good Inventor) — killed Night 2
12. Ryker Radical Fiction Ryker (Cinnamon Bun, Good Guy) — lynched Day 3
5. Asdioh T-block (Marceline, Good Vote Thief) — lynched Day 4
3. J (Finn, Good Jack-of-all-Trades) — killed Night 4
2. Vlade (BMO, Good Guy) — lynched Day 5
9. Raziek (The Waving Snail, Good Guy) — killed in endgame
7. Kantrip (Gunter, Good Guy) — killed in endgame
4. Bardull (Jake, Good Guy) — killed in endgame

Replacements
1. Terywj [태리]
2. felipe_9595
3.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Sample Role"]

BILLY
You are Billy The Hero! When you were younger, you were a great hero of action. But a feeling of futility festered inside of you as you noticed that, even after all the villains you had slain over the years, more evil-doers would always emerge to take their place. As such, you have become a pacifist, only allowing yourself to help people in nonviolent manners. You have six fingers on each of your hands, and a sword named Nothung (which doesn’t get much use anymore).

You are a Good Guy/Sample Role! You’re a pacifist now, so you’re going to sit this game out. But you still make a great example for young Good Guys everywhere, so just sit here and look heroic and awesome for them, okay? Okay.

You are Good, and you win when all threats to the land of Ooo have been eliminated.[/COLLAPSE]

Important Posts
Day 1 Begins! | Day 1 Ends; Night 1 Begins!
Day 2 Begins! | Day 2 Ends; Night 2 Begins!
Day 3 Begins! | Day 3 Ends; Night 3 Begins!
Day 4 Begins! | Day 4 Ends; Night 4 Begins!
Day 5 Begins! | Day 5 Ends, Game Over!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
confirming first, confirming i don't know anything about the flavor, confirming i'll edit this post when i get my role pm

edit: confirmed

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sang texted me saying that she won't be with a computer for the next day or two because of christmas shenanigans. =P

She says that she will try to get on tomorrow to check her role and the like.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Waiting 'til after Christmas sounds like a good idea. I'll be busy doing last minute shopping/wrapping/celebrating anyway, so consider the next couple of days a resting period before the game officially starts. That also gives Sang time to do whatever she's doing without having to kill herself to get to a computer since she isn't single-handedly holding up the game.

For non-Christmas celebrators: You should really consider getting in on this Christmas thing. It's suuuuuuper nice. With that said, Kosha Boy, keep swaggin'.

@Felipe and Red Ryu: I appreciate the interest. I'll write you guys down.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Confirming.

Sorry for being late to the party. Obviously, I second (or third or whatever) waiting til after Christmas. Just saying, I love this flavor.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sorry, Soup. I can pencil you in on the replacement list if you'd like.

Game beginning flavor will be posted soon.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ooo was quiet. Night had settled over the land and two totally awesome adventurers had returned home and had begun preparing for bed after a long day of villain-fighting. But as they donned their 'jammies, a faint sense of dread crept into their hearts, and gradually grew.

"Hey, dude. You suddenly get the sense that we're about to have some big, epic showdown with Evil-incarnate or something?"

"I totally feel that, man."

The sun had finally set and the sky went completely dark. Not just dark; darker than dark. Like, bananas dark, okay?

"Yeah, this is a weird night. The kind of night when something big and terrible would go down. A deciding-the-fate-of-the-world kind of night. That's what my gut keeps telling me, and he's never lied to me before."

AND THEN SUDDENLY. The tree house the two adventures call home was flooded with denizens of Ooo.

"There's something evil outside! Can we stay here with you guys?"

"Yeah, sure. Saving you guys from evil is kind of our thing. Hey, how'd you guys get in here anyway?"

"You don't lock your door."

"Right."

"Hey, was that guy always dead?"

"Which guy?"

"That one. On the floor. The one that isn't moving and doesn't look alive."

"Oh no!"

Circus, Peppermint Butler (Good Guy [NPC]), has been killed!

The dozen survivors looked around, regarding each other warily.

"You said the evil thing was outside, right?"

"It...might have followed us in...."

The gang resolved to begin hunting down and defeating the evil the following morning, before anymore of their friends were taken from them.

Day 1 begins! A deadline has been set for Wednesday, January 4th at 11:59 p.m. EST.

Vote Count
Overswarm [0]
Vlade [0]
J [0]
Bardull [0]
Asdioh [0]
Nabe [0]
Kantrip [0]
Gorf [0]
Raziek [0]
Kosha Boy (John2k4/Inferno3044) [0]
SangfroidWarrior [0]
Radical Fiction [0]

Not Voting: Overswarm, Vlade, J, Bardull, Asdioh, Nabe, Kantrip, Gorf, Raziek, Kosha Boy, SangfroidWarrior, Radical Fiction

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for lynch.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ryker, you scum?

Vote: Radical fiction

:phone:
Nice chainsaw. Why so quick to defend RykerSwiss?

Textbook OMGUS.

If I hadn't already pinned scumRyker I'd be voting you.

FoS: J
Gorf eyed the two quotes from Raziek and burst into a fit of laughter

":lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:"

Composing himself, he started to inquire upon said posts.

"Now that that's out of the way, any form of explanation for the former quote would be appreciated. I, myself, must be slacking, because I've yet to accumulate a scumspect. But I WILL ask, as well, what heeds your OMGUS suspicion upon J as well as the previous request."

Gorf wondered if this new style of communication would suit him fairly in a mafia game. He decided to give it a try.

Top Bottom