• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I absolutely hate the qualifiers all over this post.

"Perhaps Indy?"

"Mostly Town?"

"For now?"

There's backdoors all over the place here and it looks like you're trying to slip out of this completely.
It's what we call having an open mind, Raziek. Painting me as scum and insinuating that I intentionally laid "backdoors" reads like grasping to me. Why?

My Town read ended the moment I posted the one picture. The Town was from skimming the game. Your post set up a red flag.
Fair enough. It was mostly an attempt at trying to get you to get your act together. Seems like it worked. Welcome back to the game.

You've yet to illustrate why any lack of confidence or uncertainty makes me scum. If I was scum I'd know whether he was Town or not, so I would've had no need to be uncertain. Arguing that I did so intentionally would be WIFOM territory.

Furthermore, I don't think we're qualified to "know" each other at this point, given that our last encounter was our pseudo-hydra in SMRPG mafia. Don't assume anything about my meta.
The lack of confidence in your vote reads as being too worried with how you look to the other players. Scum tell. Town focuses more on contributing to everyone else regardless of image.

Oh my god is this ever reaching.

This reads to me like nothing but an excuse to fish for a CC.
False. You seem to be trying too hard with your read here, especially after I've already elaborated against this point.

Here's what I don't understand. How the **** can you have 3 scum reads and a null among the 7 remaining townies?

Explain this to me.
That's how I feel and read the other players. Not sure why this bothers you. Chances are high that there aren't that many scum left, but I have yet to eliminate additional scum from my scum pool. Is there a problem with this?

Trying too hard. I was elaborating on my point of view of Kantrip. Don't see how this reads as scummy.

This post is grossssss.

When it finally comes time to substantiate your "strongest scum read" on me, you admit that you have absolutely nothing and chalk it up to PoE.

How is everyone else playing so much Townier when you have 3 scum reads and a null? That's more than HALF THE GAME on your lynch list.

You condemn me for my disconnection from Nabe when I was effectively disconnected from most of the playerlist, and somehow draw scummy conclusions as a result of my absence, without providing any reasoning why.

It's not OMGUS. You made the same mistake as Brosuke did in F&L in getting me involved, he just managed to actually get away with it.
Hmm. True. Admittedly, I was grasping/tunneling in that post to get you involved. "You made the same mistake as Brosuke did in F&L in getting me involved," reads as having a big ego/not giving me much credit. We're not going to be very good friends from here on out. ;).

You having the same reads as me regarding Vlade's earlier posts makes me feel better about you. You should read some of Vlade's later posts though. You're digging too far back and most players are reading Vlade as noob town now, myself included.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Vote Count
Kantrip [3]: Bardull, Radical Fiction
T-block [0]:
Vlade [0]:
J [0]:
Bardull [0]:
Raziek [0]:
Red Ryu [0]:
Radical Fiction [0]:

Not Voting: Vlade, J, T-block, Kantrip, Raziek, Red Ryu

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for lynch.
Here we are. The first votecount given after the Day started and you were already using your anonymous vote on me but not your actual vote. This was before anyone had so much as mentioned a mass-claim, so why don't you try again, my friend?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh so you were using it the previous Day?

Then why did you say you were worried about giving it away? This obviously isn't the case if you were fine with using it. I'll have to go double check on those two instances you pointed out.

@Red Ryu, could you paraphrase what the message said when you were voteblocked?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I SEE DAT CIRCUS

inb4 nabe flips indy vote manipulator vampire *****.

btw, i just realized that raz's hammer reads null. t-block could have hammered on nabescum as well. food for thought
Whoa what. I was just reading around the point of hammering and realized you were right, but then this post.

First of all, bardull says "vote manipulator vampire" which is what T-block actually CLAIMED. Which I find really odd for some reason.

And then Bardull says T-block could have hammered. T-block's vote was on Nabe, so what made Bardull say T-BLOCK could have hammered, of all players. Especially when, as far as we knew, he couldn't?

Is this just a coincidence and an error? Or a slip?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You know what would be pretty crazy?

Two mafia factions: Nabe + Vlade, and T-block + Bardull.

The first one has a Night Kill, and the second one gets three votes by use of T-block's ability and so it doesn't get a NK. Or maybe they're just linked indies.

T-block

B2B TST
Oh so you were using it the previous Day?

Then why did you say you were worried about giving it away? This obviously isn't the case if you were fine with using it. I'll have to go double check on those two instances you pointed out.

@Red Ryu, could you paraphrase what the message said when you were voteblocked?
it was anonymous when i used it

sword specifically asked me to be his proxy vote

kinda wondering if bardull has info, but it's probably just luck

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay.

I still think T-block is not town aligned.
I also think Raziek pointed out a legitimate connection with Vlade to Nabe.
Then I just added Bardull in there because of that really weird post.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bardull, do you agree that your posts contain a number of backdoors regardless of their bearing on your alignment?

T-block

B2B TST
a broken alpha-strike tool

i can't refute the indy suspicion, but there's no way i'm mafia. and there's no way you believe i'm mafia with a role like that.

even kantrip can come to the correct conclusion. c'mon ryker

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah but we choose who we vote block and this is something that can be confirmed.

Obviously we can lynch T-block before any possible stretch of the numbers indicate he can alpha strike.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
kosha boy was scummy as hell (and fit inferno's scum meta as well), and rr hasn't really made me change my mind about that. he's asked weird questions and has been uncharacteristically confrontational.

ryker's just been off. i like what sword said about their slot, and i'm having a hard time seeing town behind some of the things he does (like that cop claim, which i'd like to see him explain).

i'm fine with bardull tbh, and i'm fairly confident he's town. vlade's null, as are you, but i already have two scum.
Can you elaborate on the RR read some more? How in specific did it fit Inferno's Meta? Can you quote specific posts? What of Ryu's posts have been weird or confrontational?

I'm disturbed that you're fine with Bardull.... why are you fine with him? Reasons.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
a broken alpha-strike tool

i can't refute the indy suspicion, but there's no way i'm mafia. and there's no way you believe i'm mafia with a role like that.

even kantrip can come to the correct conclusion. c'mon ryker
Bull****. It's not even as powerful an alphastrike tool as an Executioner and we've all seen those before. The fact that you're trying to pass it off as a "broken scum role" is disgusting.

MORE VOTES!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright just wanted to see what Ryker would do to that.

I actually don't think it's impossible as a scum role T-block.

The only way it would be broken is if it were part of a THREE MAN scumteam.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I keep going back to the two things Nabe said that are bothering me:

-Numbers indicate to us that there is another mafia faction or an indy faction.
-We didn't do anything to Swords last Night.

@Ninja:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I keep going back to the two things Nabe said that are bothering me:

-Numbers indicate to us that there is another mafia faction or an indy faction.
-We didn't do anything to Swords last Night.
Those lines are the kind of WIFOM that you don't want to delve into.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's what we call having an open mind, Raziek. Painting me as scum and insinuating that I intentionally laid "backdoors" reads like grasping to me. Why?
Touching this further down.
The lack of confidence in your vote reads as being too worried with how you look to the other players. Scum tell. Town focuses more on contributing to everyone else regardless of image.
If I was worried I wouldn't have unvoted, because I'd be worried about not drawing attention to it! It's a null tell and you're saying it's scum.
False. You seem to be trying too hard with your read here, especially after I've already elaborated against this point.
No, it really isn't. Just look at the situation you constructed.

the reason why it's important to see posts from them after i posted this is because, as scum, the three of them would be on a heightened state of paranoia. fear. afraid. they would be thinking "he is reaction testing kantrip, but if he's town watcher, he must know i'm the one who killed swords!" and it would show in their posts.
Do you not see how RIDICULOUS this sounds? Nobody is this bad at mafia unless this is their very first game.

That's how I feel and read the other players. Not sure why this bothers you. Chances are high that there aren't that many scum left, but I have yet to eliminate additional scum from my scum pool. Is there a problem with this?
Yes, there IS a problem, because you've been laying backdoors constantly! Setting up backdoors and having multiple scumreads allows you to just go "Oops I was wrong, lynch my other scumread" and follow a mislynch train to victory.
Hmm. True. Admittedly, I was grasping/tunneling in that post to get you involved. "You made the same mistake as Brosuke did in F&L in getting me involved," reads as having a big ego/not giving me much credit. We're not going to be very good friends from here on out. ;).
You'd do remember to remember your place, Yugi.
You having the same reads as me regarding Vlade's earlier posts makes me feel better about you. You should read some of Vlade's later posts though. You're digging too far back and most players are reading Vlade as noob town now, myself included.
I'm not going to disregard those Vlade posts. The fact that they occur BEFORE J pinned Nabe via claim is exactly why they're important.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So you never believed there was a watcher in the game?
Good to know that you wouldn't have any fear killing Swords then, just saying. :cool:
Not that I never believed. There could have been. I took the chance that Watcher, if he existed, wouldn't claim. I figured that Watcher wouldn't claim from his PoV unless it was blatantly obvious that I was trying to lynch you.

Actually, you bring up a good point. I'm very curious as to why Ryker would try to character claim as the same character you claimed earlier. His slot didn't try to CC that you weren't Jake then, and they just went along with voting me, so it's pretty clear to everyone that Ryker is not Jake. What I'd ask you bardull, is what do you think his intent was of claiming a character he very clearly is not?
If Ryker is scum (pretty sure he is at this point), then this was an attempt to beat me to the punch if I claimed Watcher with a real investigation since he didn't have the option of getting me to claim before him. CC'ing my character claim as well as an investigative role would discredit my possible claim of JTD, Watcher. This explains why he wanted me to claim first, so that he had the safety and security of not having to deal with getting caught in a lie with a VT claim if I had actually watched Swords. Ryker, if he is Town, had no real reason to try and have me claim before him.

My question is how did you expect to get anything conclusive from people by claiming a watcher guilty? If I did that, I would expect a vote from them and nothing else. What I don't buy is that you were concerned with other player's opinions in the first place. If you were, you should have asked for them and not expected them to have something to say about a pseudo-guilty.
Reads, reactions. From a scum PoV, scum will know that the guilty is fake, so they will try to be as careful as possible when presenting their vote, as well as being very careful with how they look while interactinf with the other players while this is going on. It is also hard for scum to "make up reads" while there is a fake guilty in the mix. I would have kept the gambit going long enough, but J called me out too soon for this, hence my abrasive and annoyed response to him.

Vlade reads Town with his vote, totally uncaring and believing in the claim. T-block/RR/Raziek are somewhat suspicious, the most suspicious being Raziek for his lack of confidence.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bardull I think you are completely wrong with how people would react to a fake guilty. Scum would know it is fake and would want to try to look townie. I see scum very likely to just toss their vote on in that situation. Being careful around a guilty is not a scum tell, and it should be null.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull I think you are completely wrong with how people would react to a fake guilty. Scum would know it is fake and would want to try to look townie. I see scum very likely to just toss their vote on in that situation. Being careful around a guilty is not a scum tell, and it should be null.
They will add extra words. Be too careful. Too safe. Come off as fake, not genuine. Care too much about how they look when they put their vote down.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You are gravely misinformed and have serious misconceptions about how players will react in any given situation.

It varies heavily on the player and the situation.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If I was worried I wouldn't have unvoted, because I'd be worried about not drawing attention to it! It's a null tell and you're saying it's scum.
No, it really isn't. Just look at the situation you constructed.
Guess we disagree then.

Do you not see how RIDICULOUS this sounds? Nobody is this bad at mafia unless this is their very first game.[/quoted]

Thanks for the compliments. Although this is my first forum mafia game in a very, very long time, I still believe in my theory. Take your condescending comments elsewhere.

Yes, there IS a problem, because you've been laying backdoors constantly! Setting up backdoors and having multiple scumreads allows you to just go "Oops I was wrong, lynch my other scumread" and follow a mislynch train to victory.
Posting read list =/= laying back doors. I post my reads because that's what a town player does. You're still grasping at me intentionally trying to "backdoor," but I've done anything but that for the majority of the game.

You'd do remember to remember your place, Yugi.
By the time this game is over, we'll have switched places, or I'll have sent your *** back to old Egypt.

I'm not going to disregard those Vlade posts. The fact that they occur BEFORE J pinned Nabe via claim is exactly why they're important.
Refuses to let up his read on Vlade when Vlade has town told in other parts of the game. The points he brings up on Vlade have already been brought up by myself and have been looked at already. Hasn't done a thorough examination of Vlade's other posts and decides Vlade or myself should be the play.

Then he asks Ryker of all people who is the play.

I want both of you to die.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You are gravely misinformed and have serious misconceptions about how players will react in any given situation.

It varies heavily on the player and the situation.
True, but Mafia is a game of going off assumptions and reads that could ultimately be interpreted both ways. Implementing a fake guilty mechanic could very well cause scum to slip or make themselves obvious. You are being too close minded.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I SEE DAT CIRCUS

inb4 nabe flips indy vote manipulator vampire *****.

btw, i just realized that raz's hammer reads null. t-block could have hammered on nabescum as well. food for thought
T-block's vote was on that ****. What are you talking about?
oh, it was? da ****.
Coming back to this exchange now that it is really weird.

Bardull can you explain why you said T-block could have hammered, of all people?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I remember T-block asking how many votes were on Nabe, or maybe he asked how much time was left before deadline. I assumed he was asking since he hadn't voted yet since I hadn't checked the vote count. Then when I continued to read further, I saw that Raziek hammered. Raziek's hammer read to me as null since, at the time, I thought T-block could have hammered as well. Raziek's hammer reads as somewhat town-telling since scumraz could have waited out for the deadline like a brawlfag, but scumraz may have wanted to appear as town since he was being considered a liability and a seeming guilty lynch in the future. That action leans as slight, slight town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If Ryker is scum (pretty sure he is at this point), then this was an attempt to beat me to the punch if I claimed Watcher with a real investigation since he didn't have the option of getting me to claim before him. CC'ing my character claim as well as an investigative role would discredit my possible claim of JTD, Watcher. This explains why he wanted me to claim first, so that he had the safety and security of not having to deal with getting caught in a lie with a VT claim if I had actually watched Swords. Ryker, if he is Town, had no real reason to try and have me claim before him.
Reverse everything about the situation, sans character claim. There is town reasoning. It's WIFOM and you're intentionally ignoring any possibility that takes away from your point and instead stating the scenario you proposed as an absolute.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Wrong, I don't see it. Show me your thoughts and intentions and I'll consider the possibility that you had town motivations, but I'm 99% certain you're a liar.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
All it boils down to is that you have unfounded mistrust in me if you're actually Town. Your actions are awkward and super scummy and it doesn't seem like smart play, and apparently you're hot **** on here, so this seems more like a bold attempt to beat me to the punch at the risk of being the target I saw visit Swords.

Oh, one other question to you:

If T-block is scum, what does that make me?

I haven't done the research on T-block yet regarding his testimony with his votes, but a T-block/BarDulL mafia team doesn't seem feasible if I take a step back and look at the big picture. I wouldn't have pointed out that someone was sending private votes, and I wouldn't have pointed out the strong likelihood that T-block was the private voter. I even read T-block's votes as an attempt to incriminate me. What, are you going to tell me that I was trying to bus T-block or something? Zzz.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
God, I wish I had two votes.

Here's my stance: I'm ok with a Ryker or a Raziek lynch toDay. I want Ryker to explain why he did what he did regarding order claims. If he can show me the town motivation, as well as his reasoning for finding me as being scum, I'm set for lynching Raziek instead.

How's that for back dooring, Yami-boy?

Top Bottom