• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
oh, and for anyone who is wondering, here are my reads:

raziek - scum
rr - null, haven't seen much contribution lately though
vlade - leaning town...ohmygawd how is this possible?!
rf - leaning scum
t-block - nullish, leaning scum
j - town
kantrip - leaning town
Here's what I don't understand. How the **** can you have 3 scum reads and a null among the 7 remaining townies?

Explain this to me.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
oh, let me make one thing clear: kantrip, you are not strong town, not by any means. however, it is safe to say that you are NOT the one who visited swords' body after seeing your reaction to my gambit. in a 3 way lylo situation with you, myself, and vlade, i would probably lynch you though. maybe. like i said earlier, you are 55%/60% town right now to me because of your god awful reactions. the self vote also seemed too real; a genuine explosion of frustration that resulted in a self vote just had kantrip written all over it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey Raz if you have time do you think you could make a case on bardull incorporating some earlier play as well? If we can get you making a case and Bardull trying to do stuff about it it will help me get a read on both of you, because I feel like there's a scum between you but I'm not sure where.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Unfortunately, everyone else has done a much more fantastic job at playing Town than you, so naturally you're on the chopping block for lack of contribution and...scummy behavior regarding the vote, unvote on Kantrip. You also remained largely disconnected from Nabe, while placing sheep votes on Kantrip, OverSwarm, and I think KB iirc, two of these players I'm certain are Town. You've done some scum hunting, but very little regarding personal, solid stances. You really haven't done much of anything.

I'm not even sure what you've been trying to achieve with your lasts posts, really. Your recent FoS post at me reads as an omgus to my legitimate vote on you for scummy behavior since you had a town read on me before I made those speculation posts. You're not playing Town right now, you're playing "I want to protect my ego/image because apparently I'm considered good in dgames." Or, you're just a scum bag who isn't really interested in contributing to Town, but is more focused in telling me that I'm wrong, which isn't productive. Reads as scum to me. You haven't made any solid cases on anyone whatsoever either.

I'm genuinely feeling good about seeing you off. If you can bring up someone else who is more scummy than yourself, then I'd be willing to change my mind.
This post is grossssss.

When it finally comes time to substantiate your "strongest scum read" on me, you admit that you have absolutely nothing and chalk it up to PoE.

How is everyone else playing so much Townier when you have 3 scum reads and a null? That's more than HALF THE GAME on your lynch list.

You condemn me for my disconnection from Nabe when I was effectively disconnected from most of the playerlist, and somehow draw scummy conclusions as a result of my absence, without providing any reasoning why.

It's not OMGUS. You made the same mistake as Brosuke did in F&L in getting me involved, he just managed to actually get away with it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey Raz if you have time do you think you could make a case on bardull incorporating some earlier play as well? If we can get you making a case and Bardull trying to do stuff about it it will help me get a read on both of you, because I feel like there's a scum between you but I'm not sure where.
I can't go digging right now, but I doubt there's very much use of doing so at this point anyway.

From what I can tell Bardull's fluffyness has been fairly consistent, but I don't really think I could draw any meaningful connections given that Nabe was exposed minutes into Day 2. Let me look around that area and see how he reacted to J's claim.

So I guess I will go digging right now.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sorry I haven't been able to post since the day started, I've just moved to Japan and have been busy getting stuff organised.

While I agree that Nabe is scummy I think we'd be better off lynching someone on the OS bandwagon. The following people were on the wagon yesterDay: Radical Fiction, Vlade, J, Raziek, Sworddancer, Gorf, Bardull.

Obviously Gorf is out of the picture. Sworddancer is cleared provided someone can verify that they received an invention from him. So that leaves RF, myself, J, Raziek and Bardull.

Since Raziek is back I would rather hear more from him before inquiring further about him.

RF started the wagon and towards the end they gave me the impression that they wanted to lynch OS for the sake of being superior over a strong player rather than a legitimate scumread. They were on the same wavelength as Gorf for a lot of yesterDay, that might mean something but it'd be too much of a stretch to hypothesise upon it.

I originally thought J was town but his attention towards Nabe seems illogical for a townie imo. He presented his "nutshell case" on Nabe but there really isn't enough substance for a case on Nabe. He is diverting our attention away from the OS wagon when it is the OS wagon we need to be focusing on imo.

Not sure what to think of Bardull's "gambit". Either it's a cover-up for his hammer on OS or he really didn't know that unvotes aren't required. The rules have since been edited in the OP but I think I remember that when I read them for the first time that it wasn't clear whether unvotes are necessary, in fact I remember not being sure myself until I switched votes.

Vote: J

People are probably labeling me as insane now.
The red bothers me.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think there is a better chance of lynching scum if we examine the OS bandwagon but if you REALLY think Nabe is scum then so be it.

I'm fine with the whole ordeal about OS being anti-town, but you've just proven my point in that quote right there. Does it really matter if he's trying to look good upon his flip? You're allowing emotions to cloud your judgment and that just makes you look bad. If you are so concerned about making sure that people think you are a good player then just play well.

J vote is indeed wtf but a sudden Nabe vote with no explanation isn't townie at all.

unvote
Could it BE this obvious?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
He was Indy in Death Note and got lynched D1. I haven't played with him recently except for BBR mafia, which I think he was Town in.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alive
2. Vlade
3. J
4. Bardull
5. Asdioh T-block
7. Kantrip
9. Raziek
10. Kosha Boy Red Ryu
12. Ryker

Would Lynch Vlade or Bardull.

Ryker needs to play more. (Hilarious coming from me, but eh)

J and Ruy are Town in my books. Kanty probably Town.

Unsure on T-Block.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Roles
Dead:
Good Jailer
Good Guy
Good Inventor

Evil Henchman

Alive (Claimed):
Good Jack of all Trades
Good Vote Stealer
Good Guy
Good Guy
Good Guy
Good Guy
Good Guy
????

Right now we have half of the entire game claimed as a Vanilla Townie. As a standard from what I've seen, it is more reasonable to expect that half of TOWN be comprised of Vanilla Townies. Assuming 3-4 anti-town roles in the game, with Nabe as one of them, that means we are looking for 2-3 more.

This puts town to scum ratio in the full set-up to be either 9:3 or 8:4. I'd expect four or five Vanilla Townies with these numbers, meaning four or five Power Roles (depending on which set-up, how many scum, etc). We have two Power Roles flipped and two Power Roles claimed, which makes it very much possible that T-block could in fact be town and all of our remaining scum could lie in Vanilla Townie claims.

The more likely set-up to me is 9:3 with a 3-man scum team. Excluding indies from this means that T-block would have to be either town or mafia. After one mislynch, town would be at 7:3. Another mislynch would be a town loss, where T-block's ability takes a vote from a living townie, essentially making the votes 4:4 which is a mafia win. T-block is right in saying this is not a valid possibility.

Basically I'm concluding that with the number of Vanilla claims and the way numbers work out for town, leaving T-block for now is a better idea in pursuit of finding the scum amongst the Good Guy claims. There is most certainly at least one in the chunk of Bardull/Raziek/Ryker.

I think I would still like Vlade to claim, unless more people than Ryker are strongly opposed to this. He isn't a strong townread for me at all anymore, and there even seems to be some intent to lynch him from Raziek and previously from bardull.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Whoops I forgot something.

Assuming town has two mislynches from the get-go:

We used a mislynch on Overswarm, and then D2 we got a scum. In the more likely (IMO) set-up, this would have us at 5:2 right now, numbers-wise. This means we have one more mis-lynch before we are thrusted into 5-man LyLo.

T-block

B2B TST
kosha boy was scummy as hell (and fit inferno's scum meta as well), and rr hasn't really made me change my mind about that. he's asked weird questions and has been uncharacteristically confrontational.

ryker's just been off. i like what sword said about their slot, and i'm having a hard time seeing town behind some of the things he does (like that cop claim, which i'd like to see him explain).

i'm fine with bardull tbh, and i'm fairly confident he's town. vlade's null, as are you, but i already have two scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rather than explain what Ryker did, I think it would be best if he could describe it, since you and I both think he's scummier than me at the current time (as far as I know).

So, Ryker, could you explain your inentions and thought process going into your bait claim?
I wanted him to feel pressure to claim where he had been so we had it on record. Hard to do with a tracker and an inventor outed. No reason not to try though.

Actually, you bring up a good point. I'm very curious as to why Ryker would try to character claim as the same character you claimed earlier. His slot didn't try to CC that you weren't Jake then, and they just went along with voting me, so it's pretty clear to everyone that Ryker is not Jake. What I'd ask you bardull, is what do you think his intent was of claiming a character he very clearly is not?
Didn't remember he claimed a character. Still don't remember him claiming a character.

Kantrip

Kantplay
T-block picks Ryker and Red Ryu
Ryker picks T-block and Bardull
Raziek picks Bardull and Vlade

Welp. Scumreads are all over the place. T-block and Ryker both have each other as their top scum pick. Do you guys think you could do some sort of thing about this? Maybe T-block makes a case and Ryker spouts about how T-block doesn't have one?

I also want to see Vlade and Bardull respond to what Raziek thinks of them.

Meanwhile, I shall reread Red Ryu.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
kosha boy was scummy as hell (and fit inferno's scum meta as well), and rr hasn't really made me change my mind about that. he's asked weird questions and has been uncharacteristically confrontational.

ryker's just been off. i like what sword said about their slot, and i'm having a hard time seeing town behind some of the things he does (like that cop claim, which i'd like to see him explain).

i'm fine with bardull tbh, and i'm fairly confident he's town. vlade's null, as are you, but i already have two scum.
Where the hell did I claim cop?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
T-block picks Ryker and Red Ryu
Ryker picks T-block and Bardull
Raziek picks Bardull and Vlade

Welp. Scumreads are all over the place. T-block and Ryker both have each other as their top scum pick. Do you guys think you could do some sort of thing about this? Maybe T-block makes a case and Ryker spouts about how T-block doesn't have one?

I also want to see Vlade and Bardull respond to what Raziek thinks of them.

Meanwhile, I shall reread Red Ryu.
RR is TBlock's top scum pick.

Kantrip

Kantplay
T-block you said that when you had Sword's vote and thought he was town, you decided to be his proxy vote for him. Why didn't you just use your anonymous vote as his vote like what you did with RR earlier toDay?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's strictly anti-town by nature. It can have pro-town uses, but it's strictly anti-town same as any vote blocker.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, I have multiple issues with T-block's role as a town role OR a scum role. He is probably indy, but it's okay. His role is both confirmable and something we can make him use in town's favor.

The reason it makes so much sense as an indy role is that taking away a vote and giving him a second vote makes an indy alpha strike possible in an endgame situation, meaning that he would be a survivor that can actually DO something towards his win-con when it comes down to it.

As a town role, T-block would have the ability to take away a vote from a scum player, turning a losing scenario into LyLo in endgame and giving town a huge edge. I've already covered why it doesn't work as a mafia role.

What I propose is keeping T-block alive but using his vote stealing to town's benefit by selecting his targets.

Top Bottom