• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah it was like my second game ever, and my first scum game.

I did realize my role though, of course. I just pretended I was Vanilla Townie to help me act town. I didn't know what a mafia traitor was supposed to do, having no NK input and no discussion with my scummates - heck they didn't even know who I was and almost KILLED me for looking like a townie. But yeah, I guess I knew what I was doing.

Why do you bring it up?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No seriously, why I don't get things like this:

Because he's bad. However, through the fact that he's bad, he's trying to find scum. He's bad at it and his reads are wrong, but his intentions are correct and that's how you judge a player with his record. Between the two halves of this hydra, we feel we've got a pretty good handle on the two players in that slot. We both agree that he's town. I will govern the **** out of a Kosha Boy lynch.

In other news, that list of town reads was in my personal order save that Rad Fic should have been above Sang.
Where did this come from?

How did you reach this conclusion?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah it was like my second game ever, and my first scum game.

I did realize my role though, of course. I just pretended I was Vanilla Townie to help me act town. I didn't know what a mafia traitor was supposed to do, having no NK input and no discussion with my scummates - heck they didn't even know who I was and almost KILLED me for looking like a townie. But yeah, I guess I knew what I was doing.

Why do you bring it up?
It seemed off since I was in that game, you didn't look lost on what to do at all imo.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Red Ryu, are your scumpicks taking Nabescum into account? Do you think Bardull and RF are likely partners with Nabe?

Kantrip

Kantplay
It seemed off since I was in that game, you didn't look lost on what to do at all imo.
I wasn't lost on what to do. I was pretty clear that I wanted to look town and direct suspicion away from kuz and Fynal. My role in the team wasn't hard to figure out :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu, are your scumpicks taking Nabescum into account? Do you think Bardull and RF are likely partners with Nabe?
Actually, no. I didn't.

That makes RF for sure less likely, especially with how he acted to Nabe D1. I don't wanna reread to see if he did a bus.

Bardull is again, not sure with connections.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright. If you get a chance, I'd like to see that. You can read in the Night phase and tell me connections toMorrow though, if you want. I want Bardull's and Vlade's before yours.

T-block

B2B TST
Why were you defending me, by the way, T-block?
because, despite what you may believe, self-meta should not be given much weight. the statement has more meaning coming from another. and as a pseudo-confirmed town slot, J's opinion of you is something i'm paying close attention to, and i'd rather that opinion be focused on the things that matter.

T-block

B2B TST
No I didn't.

I saw multiple things you could have been going for.

1.) Reaction
2.) Rolefishing
3.) Joke

I wanted a clear answer, yeah I knew it was a gambit, but not what you were looking for or your intent.
i'm actually finding it quite hard to believe that you would think it's a joke, especially since you have as much exposure to kantrip's play as i do, if not more.

even if he was rolefishing, he's not going to admit to it -_-

option 1 is the only plausible answer and you know it, so i'm still bothered by the question. are you honestly going to tell me you expected him to say anything other than to try to trip you up?

T-block

B2B TST
So I decided to sit down and read the Kanty vs. RR after, admittingly, skimming a bit of it. ^^" There was one line that really stuck out to me.

This was really true, I found, with the argument between the two and I feel Kanty came out of it worse than RR. Based on the argument, I want Kanty>RR toMorrow.
actually i disagree

less sold on kantrip being scum now

but i'm actually quite convinced of RR's slot being scum.

maybe you could elaborate on your stances here?

T-block

B2B TST
5. T-block - Leaning town, Asdioh before replacing out didn't do anything huge I would find indicative of his alignment. Plus T-Block isn't doing things I would notice as scum tells I see when he plays scum, meta but yeah I got 4-5 scum of him as scum to go off of.
coming into a game without calling me scum? you must be scum =P

you're relying on a very weak understanding of my play, and you're going to get burned for it eventually. lucky for you, this isn't that game, but one day =P

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ok, so i looked through all of nabe's posts, and i've noticed a couple things.

1. has a weird town read on kantrip, so kantrip/nabe team is possible. eh. i really want to see kantrip's flip but my gut read is that kantrip is just really bad town, no one can possibly be so anti town and so blatantly scummy as him. i would lynch kantrip in a lylo situation with just about anyone else though.

2. t-block/nabe scum team is possible, but unlikely fmpov atm.

3. nabe tried to deter the OS lynch and push the KB lynch, but he was being fake obv. town. i actually don't feel like a KB/nabe team is in existence.

4. never interacts with vlade. vlade puts his vote on nabe at one point, but nabe doesn't respond to vlade's vote like he did to asdioh/t-block.

also, earlier in D2, vlade clearly tries to change the bandwagon from nabe to someone on the OS wagon (J) because he feels that "nabe is scummy, but there are more scummy lynch targets." nabe never points out the flaws in vlade's play like he did to, for example, myself/kantrip/t-block. this is a weird disconnect between vlade and nabe that bothers me substantially. now, i understand people may think i'm tunneling vlade and vlade is seemingly obvious town, BUT there's a lot that hints to vlade/nabe scum team more so than anyone else, at least imho.

5. definitely not scum with me LOL, if i was scum with nabe that would be so funny XD

6. J/nabe scum team would be hilarious, but only a !% chance of this actually being the case.

7. raziek gave an easy vote on nabe toDay. this goes in accordance with raz's typical play so far. don't see raz/nabe team as very likely. it's possible though.

8. haven't REALLY looked into RF/nabe interactions, but it seems like typical play from RF. this is a pretty neutral relationship, seems like TvS.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
on second thought, scratch that, i don't know what to think of nabe/kanty scum team. blagh. it's 50/50. i'd be willing to support kanty lynch if that's what town wanted.

swords/nabe seems unlikely since swords reads mega town to me.

does anyone else feel the same way about vlade/nabe as i do, or am i just drifting in a dark, dark tunnel? XD

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bardull I'm offended by how often you're calling me really bad town. Just because you think I'm acting really scummy doesn't make me a terrible player. I have been scumhunting way more than you from what I've seen of your play and I don't think you're in any position to be calling someone really bad.

Vlade, your connection case is really shallow. A scumbuddy calling their partner their strongest townread is very weak. You say it's WIFOM, as well, which means not even YOU think it's a very solid case. Do you think you could find me a better one?

Bardull, I see where you're coming from with your Vlade connection with the disconnect between him and Nabe. I don't see how you're writing off Raziek as a possible partner. Nor why you are writing off Red Ryu. Nabe was pushing for a Kosha Boy lynch, sure, but if I recall it was kind of a weak push just to set up town points for Nabe on OS's town flip.

T-block, I guess I get why you had to bring up my meta, but I think the prejudice against people giving their own meta is bull****. If someone can give an example or their own meta and another player can vouch for that, that should be enough. It's ******** that I need to have people I've played with before vouching for me when I do something.

Kantrip

Kantplay
7. Kantrip - Leaning Town, even when he is wrong I see the intent. His gambit despite my anger, I see where he was going rereading it. Plus his earlier play on D1 makes me think a lot of interactions with him had him on the town side.
Red Ryu, could you explain what you mean by "on the town side"? Do you mean to say that the other side of the interactions with me were on the scum side?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Still not liking Red Ryu too much. I don't know why he made a list of reads and DIDN'T take the confirmed scum into account.

Reconsidering the T-block slot and looking at connections make me disbelieve Nabe/T-Block

Unvote

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull I'm offended by how often you're calling me really bad town. Just because you think I'm acting really scummy doesn't make me a terrible player. I have been scumhunting way more than you from what I've seen of your play and I don't think you're in any position to be calling someone really bad.

Bardull, I see where you're coming from with your Vlade connection with the disconnect between him and Nabe. I don't see how you're writing off Raziek as a possible partner. Nor why you are writing off Red Ryu. Nabe was pushing for a Kosha Boy lynch, sure, but if I recall it was kind of a weak push just to set up town points for Nabe on OS's town flip.
to be fair, raziek/nabe scum team is possible because raz hasn't done **** so there isn't enough information. it's more gut than anything else on my part based on the few, few, few interactions and subtle foses both players have had for the other. yeah i'll just leave it as null for now. RAZIEK START POSTING MORE :(

idk how "effective" your scum hunting has been, but you're still in a bad position if you're town. i like your most recent post though since you're trying to keep me in check. still think you're pretty horrid and the cancer of town >_> but i'll refrain from being blunt and loud about it since it's pretty unnecessary and demeaning.

you raise a good point that nabe was trying to get town points for defending OS, but if KB is scum then this implies that nabe's weak push on KB was a risk he was willing to take. if KB is town, the obvious play for nabescum to make is to jump on the kb wagon since kb was scummy. it's wifomy and not entirely conclusive, but you're right that i can't just write off that potential scum team. my gut says 35% chance that KB is scum with nabe.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's way more than 35% chance. KB was a really scummy slot, and it's likely that Nabe has another scummate that he expects to champion it out. It wouldn't be a huge risk to bus his scummate in KB, especially when the OS lynch happened anyways.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I have a crazy theory but it will depend on a few factors that it would be anti-town to inquire about at all, so I will wait until toMorrow. Just posting so I don't forget about this.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vlade, your connection case is really shallow. A scumbuddy calling their partner their strongest townread is very weak. You say it's WIFOM, as well, which means not even YOU think it's a very solid case. Do you think you could find me a better one?

Just making sure you see this, Vlade.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Sooooo, I'm going to be trying to pull a re-read through tonight.

I need to re-affirm some thoughts on some player slots.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm going to apologize in advance. My next "real" post that is going to have substance is going to be going over a couple slots.

1.) Kantrip
2.) Kosha Boy/RR
3.) Asdioh/T-Block
4.) Radical Fiction

It's going to be a little lengthy so that's why I'm aplogizing because I don't mean for it to be long but it usually ends up long. x_X"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EBWOP:

Add Raz as #5 because I wanna touch upon some things with that oddball! xD

Let me elaborate on why I'm delving into the rest of the cast.

Nabe = Confirmed scum
J = Haha. xP

Vlade/Bardull = really really really town for me and I don't really feel the need to explain why at the current time. ^^"
Swords = my biggest town read in the game at the time.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ah dang it T-block, there was someone I wanted to ask you about. You reminded me when I saw your name. I can't remember who it was now.

Eh, I'll go with this instead: If you assume Red Ryu and Nabe are scum together for a moment, who seems like a most likely third member in your opinion?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Vote Count
Nabe [4]: J, T-block, Radical Fiction, Vlade
Kantrip [1]: Raziek
Bardull [1]: Nabe
Radical Fiction [1]:
T-block [0]:
J [0]:
Vlade [0]:
Raziek [0]:
Red Ryu [0]:
Sworddancer [0]:

Not Voting: Bardull, Red Ryu, Sworddancer, Kantrip

With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for lynch.

Vlade

Social Outcast

Just making sure you see this, Vlade.
I never said anywhere that I was making a case on a Nabe/TB scumteam. All I did was point out something I happened to notice while reading through Nabe's posts and people seem to disagree, which is fine.

But okay, I'll try to find something else.

Vlade

Social Outcast
4. never interacts with vlade. vlade puts his vote on nabe at one point, but nabe doesn't respond to vlade's vote like he did to asdioh/t-block.

also, earlier in D2, vlade clearly tries to change the bandwagon from nabe to someone on the OS wagon (J) because he feels that "nabe is scummy, but there are more scummy lynch targets." nabe never points out the flaws in vlade's play like he did to, for example, myself/kantrip/t-block. this is a weird disconnect between vlade and nabe that bothers me substantially. now, i understand people may think i'm tunneling vlade and vlade is seemingly obvious town, BUT there's a lot that hints to vlade/nabe scum team more so than anyone else, at least imho.
Pretty sure we have interacted at some points in the game so that part about me never interacting with Nabe is wrong. The rest I can't really rebut because it was just pure coincidence.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I never said anywhere that I was making a case on a Nabe/TB scumteam. All I did was point out something I happened to notice while reading through Nabe's posts and people seem to disagree, which is fine.

But okay, I'll try to find something else.
That's fine. If I said case then I used it in the wrong context, as that's not what I was trying to imply.

But yeah, if you could find something less WIFOM that would be great, thanks.

T-block

B2B TST
Ah dang it T-block, there was someone I wanted to ask you about. You reminded me when I saw your name. I can't remember who it was now.

Eh, I'll go with this instead: If you assume Red Ryu and Nabe are scum together for a moment, who seems like a most likely third member in your opinion?
i think RF might be most likely. raz is always a possibility ofc.

i need to reread vlade and what bardull said about vlade. had him as a town lean before, but idk if i can still be sure of that.

Top Bottom