• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bull**** attempt at backing out of this.

Why do people do gambits Red Ryu? I'm sure you know a general answer to this. Gambits are meant to accomplish SOMETHING, after all.
I didn't back out of anything, read my first question.

I skimmed and saw no such thing.

Why you lying to me?
I asked why you lied, aka why the gambit.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No he didn't
Someone did. I'm sure T-block said it first. Your scumslip was in the question you asked when it's clear you knew the answer, and your backtracking to cover it up is obvious to me, and I already pointed that out as well.

You mean, state I agree we should lynch him? When he pretty much outed himself?
It's pretty self-explanatory and saying it is redundant. Matches up pretty well with "guys cop has a guilty we should be acting on it", if you ask me.

Stall what? You mean my read? I'm working on it among other things, aka I got a tournament tomorrow.

You mean a post I made mid read which may not have been even an hour. Yeah guys, I totally should have had the whole game read at midnight right when I replaced in.

Your reaching hard.
Completely understandable and I don't blame you at all. Of course I don't expect you to have read. However your post was entirely useless and it served as a scumslip rather than what you could have said (pretty much a prod dodge as you read I guess?)

Also you should post stuff that stands out as you read, so we don't have to wait for you to finish to get everything.

Kantrip

Kantplay
How about seeing where your head is at? I have no clue why you lied like that to me when I first replaced in.

I could have claimed right when I entered the game if I didn't have the sense to skim the game before I commented.

You said it to gambit and it seems from this get a reaction, in addition to almost blatantly rolefishing if I believed you.
Odd. My first instinct coming into a game and getting a cop guilty claimed on me as town would probably be to wonder about sanities/getting results messed with if I'm not a miller. My first reaction would NOT be to flat-out claim. What would even suggest that this is the right thing to do? What I did was not rolefishing and had you claimed that would have been your fault.

Actually, it's okay though. The reason I'm not concerned about that is because your slot has already claimed. There was pressure on it D1 and it was almost our lynch choice (I wish it was... :mad: Overswarm). Anyways, your slot has been scummy all game and then up and disappeared until you showed up. This is why I pulled my gambit: A scummy slot just had a replacement into the game and has already claimed. Your response to the gambit was pretty scummy, too.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He obviously thinks he knows, else he wouldn't be saying anything. Who are you to tell someone what they do or do not know?
I know possibilities, but no definitive answer.

T-Block asserted he knew the correct answer of your state of mind, which he had no answer.

No. If you are going to continue posting, you will start now. The only way you can avoid it until you read is to STOP POSTING until you've read.
No, I am not failing behind on current events during my reread. And no, Dealwithit.png, it's how I roll.

There aren't any direct examples that I can think of, but I can pull up a plethora of town games for you to dig through if you want to find similar behavior, because I sure as hell am not digging through my past games right now for scum.
Again.

Citation, now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
All I have is your scum play from Britches and Hose (lurk, similarities in distancing now and then),
Yeah I'm lurking, oh wait no I'm not, I just ****ing replaced into an inactive slot trying to reread while dealing with this nonsense.

Distancing depends, I put John as a scumpick and Adumb as town, but then again if I lurked I couldn't have posted content that made that clear like in that game where I made it my intent to go inactive after I screwed up RvS with Swiss.

and your scum play on epicmafia (lurk, lurk).
You mean the site I think is a complete joke, or at least everything but maybe competetive I try to get into.

And.
1.) Go on when I am drunk
2.) Don't give a crap about since 90% of the people there are idiots worse than Swordsbroken.
3.) Has a different format, that I have stated to Joey and in the V/LA thread I dispise.

Finally, What ****ing game are you talking about? I've never seen you on Epic Mafia.

I haven't seen any other scum play, but if you want to reference me to an example of it played differently I'd be sure to consider it.
Upick 1 (Disco Room)
Fire Emblem (DGames)
Resident Evil 4 (DGames)
BIM4 (Replaced in DGames)
Utricked 1 Indy (DGames)
HunterXHunter (Brawl Back Room)
Higurashi (DGames)

I'll give you a hint, I don't play that way as scum normally.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I'm lurking, oh wait no I'm not, I just ****ing replaced into an inactive slot trying to reread while dealing with this nonsense.
I'm not saying you are lurking now.

Jesus ****, stop getting so defensive in a game you haven't read. If you are town, stop responding now and make sure you read so we can do this properly, with you knowing what's going on.

Distancing depends, I put John as a scumpick and Adumb as town, but then again if I lurked I couldn't have posted content that made that clear like in that game where I made it my intent to go inactive after I screwed up RvS with Swiss.
Putting someone as a scumpick is not the only way of distancing. In fact, I hardly consider it distancing at all. Your "Why aren't we acting on the cop guilty" was a closer attempt at distancing adum, and that is what I see correlating to this game with your useless "yeah we are lynching Nabe".

You mean the site I think is a complete joke, or at least everything but maybe competetive I try to get into.

And.
1.) Go on when I am drunk
2.) Don't give a crap about since 90% of the people there are idiots worse than Swordsbroken.
3.) Has a different format, that I have stated to Joey and in the V/LA thread I dispise.

Finally, What ****ing game are you talking about? I've never seen you on Epic Mafia.
Yeah, that site. My sentiments are the same. Knowing you are drunk means those are legitimate scumtells for you, as when you are drunk you are more likely to scumslip and all that jazz.

I've played with you and Joey a few times. It's inconsequential, though.

Upick 1 (Disco Room)
Fire Emblem (DGames)
Resident Evil 4 (DGames)
BIM4 (Replaced in DGames)
Utricked 1 Indy (DGames)
HunterXHunter (Brawl Back Room)
Higurashi (DGames)

I'll give you a hint, I don't play that way as scum normally.
I'll read the most recent one and see what trends I see I guess. If nothing matches what I'm accustomed to, I can stop with meta for you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Someone did. I'm sure T-block said it first. Your scumslip was in the question you asked when it's clear you knew the answer, and your backtracking to cover it up is obvious to me, and I already pointed that out as well.
No I didn't.

I saw multiple things you could have been going for.

1.) Reaction
2.) Rolefishing
3.) Joke

I wanted a clear answer, yeah I knew it was a gambit, but not what you were looking for or your intent.

It's pretty self-explanatory and saying it is redundant. Matches up pretty well with "guys cop has a guilty we should be acting on it", if you ask me.
Yes is it redundant.

Still gonna state my thought that he should die, over let's say majora's where the idea of letting scum live to find other scum happened.

Which btw, you were in that.

Completely understandable and I don't blame you at all. Of course I don't expect you to have read. However your post was entirely useless and it served as a scumslip rather than what you could have said (pretty much a prod dodge as you read I guess?)

Also you should post stuff that stands out as you read, so we don't have to wait for you to finish to get everything.
No, **** no.

I posted some of that at work today, notice the phone symbol?, on my lynch and break. Sure and hell can't then.

Yesterday? Oh right that was at midnight when Circus asked me to replace in right then in a slot that didn't post for 5 days.Today right now, I'm getting ride **** sorted for tomorrow, planning a party, getting laundry done, dishes.

So no, I didn't ****ing read much today, because I ****ing couldn't. Thanks for being @mni about it btw, props for that. That's a brand new low for ya.

I posted thoughts on the current situation Vlade posted, that's not a ****ing scum slip.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Do you suspect T-block for having no answer when he asserted that he did?
No.

Because, I can see where it might have had his answer similar to what J said with hating your post.

I disagreed that he knew the answer, the fact I think he was right, I think, doesn't matter.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm not going to trade walls with you any longer, and it's already clear you're either misinterpreting or misconstruing what I am saying.

Just know that I completely understand that you haven't read. I appreciate that you replaced in, and I understand the difficulty in catching up with a game you're not a part of yet. I don't expect you to have read, and I don't think you're scum for having not reading.

However, I think your priority should be getting a read in when you have the chance over sitting here bickering with me, as it won't help anyone.

You asked for the intent of my gambit. The intent was that I wanted to see how you would react, naturally. That's usually what a gambit is for. I knew your slot had already claimed, no risk of outing PR's. Your claims that I was rolefishing should stop right there. I also knew that your slot has been ****ing scummy all game, so a reaction from you would have been valuable.

I'll leave it at that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not saying you are lurking now.
Then why the **** are you referencing me lurking as a scum tell for meta?

Jesus ****, stop getting so defensive in a game you haven't read. If you are town, stop responding now and make sure you read so we can do this properly, with you knowing what's going on.
No, I don't give a crap.

Putting someone as a scumpick is not the only way of distancing. In fact, I hardly consider it distancing at all. Your "Why aren't we acting on the cop guilty" was a closer attempt at distancing adum, and that is what I see correlating to this game with your useless "yeah we are lynching Nabe".
That's not even similar.

In the first situation, I had full knowledge your claim of a cop was wrong because I was a thief who countered a gunsmith. In addition to this, I was lurking and aiming for any cred I could because everyone an their mom want me dead in that game.

I replaced in and responded to seeing Nabe out himself. Saying yeah I would lynch him based on that seeing that much with current events.

Yeah, that site. My sentiments are the same. Knowing you are drunk means those are legitimate scumtells for you, as when you are drunk you are more likely to scumslip and all that jazz.

I've played with you and Joey a few times. It's inconsequential, though.
1.) Never been drunk as scum on forum mafia.
2.) Wasn't drunk when I went on with Joey
3.) First time ever on that site.
4.) I'm not stupid enough to claim drunk, except one game where I claimed vig on accident drunk which was when I was ton.
5.) Show me games where people have done this as scum while intoxicated.

I'll read the most recent one and see what trends I see I guess. If nothing matches what I'm accustomed to, I can stop with meta for you.
Good job, sherlock.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I decided to sit down and read the Kanty vs. RR after, admittingly, skimming a bit of it. ^^" There was one line that really stuck out to me.

Your reaching hard.
This was really true, I found, with the argument between the two and I feel Kanty came out of it worse than RR. Based on the argument, I want Kanty>RR toMorrow.

You would think that my alignment being clear and known would allow me to give a clean read, especially when I'm asked for it. But hey. See you in postgame.
Can you give us your reads on your scum-mates? :bee:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Skiming through the thread, looking through the posts pf POIs, and this caught my eye:

Me and Sang go back with that book. Me and her both wanted to throw that book when we finished.

We have some...choice...words for that book. ^^"
J, we need to talk sometime out of game. 1984 was a great book, I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

#HBC | Dancer

So I decided to sit down and read the Kanty vs. RR after, admittingly, skimming a bit of it. ^^" There was one line that really stuck out to me.

This was really true, I found, with the argument between the two and I feel Kanty came out of it worse than RR. Based on the argument, I want Kanty>RR toMorrow.

Can you give us your reads on your scum-mates? :bee:
Something more relevant though that needs to be discussed. Only on page 7 (40 ppp), but I'm actually finding that I want KB gone more so than Kantrip.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wait are you reading again, Swords?

Looking at Nabe connections?

Tell me what you think of the potential for one with T-block. I'm faltering on that read lately :/

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man, I've had a bad day.

My bad, madia does that to me when I get invested.

But yeah, gonna go out and eat dinner at 11:30 then be back and list thoughts and stuff, since my read in almost done.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also yeah I played epicmafia with you and Joey separately, not in the same game.

I'm opting not to say my username on that forsaken place. :p

#HBC | Dancer

To expand on why I'm liking RR over Kantrip toMorrow, skimming through the thread, I find (again) that Kantrip has been doing A LOT of scumhunting, it's just that he's terrible about it. KB on the otherhand played it way too safe for my liking, with safe stances and safe construction of posts. On top of that, I kinda don't like Nabe as scum with Kantrip. Nabe's 391 has Kantrip as that town read just because Kantrip provided a summary of the game to him. It's really quite a weak reason to like someone, so I suppose a scum Kantrip/Nabe could of set up some epic WIFOM mess for town to deal with down the road, but occum's razor saids naught. Considering how Nabe tried to set himself up for townie points upon OS's mislynch (at least that's what I'm assuming he was doing), it's totally possible that he was doing the same thing with Kantrip, given the general animosity that people felt towards KAntrip at the time.

On top of all this, I haven't really found KB to be approaching Nabe, like, at all. Can't remember if Nabe approached him though. Given the fact that, when KB does post, he did call out some people, I would call this a potential connection.

@J: Can you explain that connection you saw between Kanty and Nabe in more detail? Perhaps quote a post or two? I really want to judge this on my own.

#HBC | Dancer

@Kantrip: Actually, no. Or maybe later. Right now I have too much on my plate with this game. Still need to quote those posts from RF, all while looking for connections. If you want to see something on TB, then you're going have to do it yourself.

With that, I'm officially going to sleep. Tourny tomorrow so v/la till Sunday.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright Swords, that's alright. Hmmm.

@Bardull and Vlade: Could each of you find a post made by Nabe that you believe could be a connection to a scummate of his? For bonus points, you can find a post made by someone else that makes you think it's a connection with Nabe.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alright Swords, that's alright. Hmmm.

@Bardull and Vlade: Could each of you find a post made by Nabe that you believe could be a connection to a scummate of his? For bonus points, you can find a post made by someone else that makes you think it's a connection with Nabe.
For me it would be this exchange:

So I'm that strong of a townread for you?
I guess? Of the 12 players in this game, I'm least suspicious of you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Forgive me for asking, but why do we have an inventor and a JoaT? That seems rather unlikely, though this is early for speculation.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1. Overswarm (The Ice King, Good Jailer) — lynched Day 1
8. Gorf (Lumpy Space Princess, Good Guy) — killed Night 1
3. J - Town
6. Nabe - Scum

2. Vlade - null - I'm not getting a good read on this slot. A few posts send me on a ping pong back and forth.

4. Bardull - leaning scum - I don't see where his head is at an how he is reaching conclusions. Plus, I think I might have a BBR game to show he is lying about not knowing about the unvote command stuff he did with OS at the end of D1.

5. T-block - Leaning town, Asdioh before replacing out didn't do anything huge I would find indicative of his alignment. Plus T-Block isn't doing things I would notice as scum tells I see when he plays scum, meta but yeah I got 4-5 scum of him as scum to go off of.

7. Kantrip - Leaning Town, even when he is wrong I see the intent. His gambit despite my anger, I see where he was going rereading it. Plus his earlier play on D1 makes me think a lot of interactions with him had him on the town side.

9. Raziek - Null - Not enough info here. He is a prime person to look into.

11. Sworddancer - Town, mostly because of Sang's play leading to the claim. Her anger on Gorf looked sincere frustration and Swords picked it up a bit. Inventor is a risk role, but one I think is validly possible to be in the game.

12. Radical Fiction - Leaning scum. I do not like his responses to Sworddancer. I also find how he tried to wash his hands clean of the OS lynch using his ego as an excuse to lynch him for the most part. There were better lynches, much better, Like my slot, like...why was there a town read on my slot?

Top Bottom