• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Admirable, but foolish.

Never accept your death if you can avert it without detriment.
Eeeeh you know how I am though. If I feel it is in town's best interest for me to die, I usually have no qualms if I can see the logic behind my lynch however I do normally try and fight it but if I can sacrifice myself to be a buffer for the NK and have 1 person flip auto-scum than yay.

But, who said anything about me dying? There is a watcher in this game which makes a lot of sense with Inventor+Jailer+JoAT. Plus I saw them crumbing it. =D

Kantrip

Kantplay
Whoa. Nice job pressuring him and baiting the VT claim, J, though I think you could have gotten the lynch without claiming.

T-block, saying someone isn't scumhunting is not meta. Point being, Asdioh did not scumhunt.

I'm glad this happened before my Nabe reread. Having him as confirmed scum will help so I don't have to read twice.

Should I hold off on the vote to avoid a self hammer?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Nabe: you have made a fair number of posts, but aside from the fact that they were all in different colors, I can remember nothing at all from them without rereading. Is this because I have a terrible memory, or are your posts just being uncharacteristically... noncommital, is maybe the word I'm looking for?
Keep in mind that I can remember stuff from everyone else that's posted, whether they were scummy or townie.
Essentially what you said here. I made six posts, mainly comments on RVS, in a 24 hour span. Since then, a lot more has gone down. So it makes quite a bit of sense that someone wouldn't recall anything notable from me.

On a different but related note, I'm only marginally offended that you've forgotten me.
Huh. In the context of Nabe scum, I don't like how Asdioh asked this question. It's a hollow question to begin with, and the way he words it "Nabe am I forgetting your posts or are they just really noncommital?" giving Nabe the choice to answer the question without Asdioh actually getting anything out of the answer. It's the kind of thing that makes sense to me as a scumbuddy question. Additionally, I dislike how Nabe answered. He just complied with Asdioh's points and the conversation ended like that. Fake scumhunting and some scumbuddy distancing on Asdioh's part, and a back-downy attempt to avoid suspicion answer by Nabe. Gross on both sides, in my opinion.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nice, very well done. That was slick. Even when you asked for me to be tracked last Night I never thought it would be you. And obviously I didn't see the signs that you were trying to pull a VT claim out of me.

You shouldn't have claimed, you had me lynched. Hindsight's 20:20. We'll talk in post.

Due to numbers I think there's another mafia or at least an indy. Understandably this is one of those WIFOM ideas but I think it's fair that town has their mind to the task.

L
egitimately found myself without time this game, sorry all.

Whoa. How much time did you spend on this post?

Just like to say that I don't buy what he says about "due to numbers" there being another mafia or an indy. He's trying to insinuate that he has a small scumteam (probably saying he only has a partner) when that is something he would not say to us when he could still potentially win. It's complete WIFOM, but he would have no incentive to make his scumteam seem bigger than it is as that wouldn't help him win. However, making us think it's only 2 people will greatly help him as it is an attempt to save the third member.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
godotsipcoffee.jpg

godotshakeheadatkantrip.jpg

the wifom nabe posted will only lead to counter productivity, so it really isn't worth talking about; nabe is confirmed scum, so anything he says or does will only distract town at this point.

point of clarity though: nabe is suggesting that the mafia members don't know who each other are, and if this is true, it means potential connections and disconnections between nabe and the rest of the players don't add up to anything. scum doesn't have a reason to make this statement if the statement is true though, so chances are nabe just wants us to think that trying to draw connections/disconnections from his play is futile.

bottom line: it's wifom and it's not worth talking about, but we should continue to assume the mafia knows who the other mafia players are unless his flip proves otherwise.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's not what he said at all.

He's saying due to numbers he believes that there is either

A. Another mafia faction
or B. Indy faction(s)

This is insinuating that he only has one scummate, as that is what is implied by "due to numbers". Nowhere does he say "mafia don't know who each other are", except for talking about the existence of another faction, which of course is WIFOM.

What I am talking about is the fact that his message is hinting at him having a small scumteam. Sure it's WIFOM, but it's not like you can never sift through WIFOM.

He would have NO reason to post what he did if he ACTUALLY had a small scumteam, as if we find that one other person he can no longer meet his win condition. Therefore, it's either null and we ignore it as he's just throwing us off, or he actually has a larger scum team. Either way, we know he has partner(s) so this really doesn't affect connections to him at all.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's not what he said at all.

He's saying due to numbers he believes that there is either

A. Another mafia faction
or B. Indy faction(s)

This is insinuating that he only has one scummate, as that is what is implied by "due to numbers". Nowhere does he say "mafia don't know who each other are", except for talking about the existence of another faction, which of course is WIFOM.

What I am talking about is the fact that his message is hinting at him having a small scumteam. Sure it's WIFOM, but it's not like you can never sift through WIFOM.

He would have NO reason to post what he did if he ACTUALLY had a small scumteam, as if we find that one other person he can no longer meet his win condition. Therefore, it's either null and we ignore it as he's just throwing us off, or he actually has a larger scum team. Either way, we know he has partner(s) so this really doesn't affect connections to him at all.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
on the contrary kantrip, if nabe actually did have a small scum team, him stating what he stated makes complete sense; his intent would be to convince us that connections to other scum can't be drawn to him because he doesn't know who the other mafia are.

your interpretations of people's posts remain as interesting as ever. :|

i digress.

on other news, i'm particularly interested in RF at this point considering he never really put pressure on Nabe or interacted with him whatsoever. considering Asdioh/OS were less scummy than Nabe himself, the behavior RF was exhibiting towards asdioh/OS is bothersome in hindsight.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
his willingness to divert from the presumed tunneling of asdioh/OS to the nabe wagon without any compelling evidence is remarkably peculiar. aside from J's seemed tunneling of nabe, there's really nothing else to suggest why RF changed his vote...which begs the question: would J's seemed tunneling of nabe really be enough to change RF's position on the asdioh slot if he was town sided?

FoS: RF

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Did you miss the part where we had J as an investigative prior to his claim?

Please dear god, also explain to me how keeping you updated with a FULL READ LIST THROUGHOUT THE GAME is tunneling.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kanty, why are you even trying to make heads or tails of Nabe's WIFOM post? After he admitted that he was scum, just tune him out from here on because nothing he says can be beneficial to us. We must look at his other posts in the thread.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

RF is probably town.

I don't really wanna look at TB/Asdioh though.

*le sigh*

I really wish we would have lynched Kanty yesterDay or at least had him claim. *kicks rock*

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Did you miss the part where we had J as an investigative prior to his claim?

Please dear god, also explain to me how keeping you updated with a FULL READ LIST THROUGHOUT THE GAME is tunneling.
no, i wasn't aware of that, but this brings up an interesting point: why exactly would you pin J as investigative out loud? was it to justify your future vote switch? i don't see this as a town play; you're playing too cautious. our reads are also subtly different. this is remotely bothersome to me.

i'm not sure what you were implying regarding your lists, but i will say this: you were very open with your distaste for OS/asdioh and never put nabe in the spot light, list of reads or no; you were unmistakably tunneling asdioh/OS to excess.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh crap. I can be RB'd/VB'd toNight like Swords and be useless till they find the Watcher.

*crosses fingers on Nabe being the RB/VB*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't like how KB is flying under the radar now that he is out of the line of fire since yesterDay. *if that's not the case because of some sort of V/LA I don't know about then apologies. ^^"*

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm pretty sure KB is not only flying under the radar, but completely neglecting to play. I bet they haven't even logged on the hydra account for some time.

Yeah I probably shouldn't be trying to decipher the WIFOM of a confirmed scum. -shrug-

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Oh crap. I can be RB'd/VB'd toNight like Swords and be useless till they find the Watcher.

*crosses fingers on Nabe being the RB/VB*
I was hoping for this to, but he can''t be. If you didn't see him visit me, then he has to be something else.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Personally I'm leaning this way with scum-picks.

1 of Kanty/KB is scum.
1 of RF/TB is scum.
Raz is a question mark.
Bardull/Vlade are probably town. If I had to choose one as scum, it'd be Vlade *unlikely for both though I think.*
Swords is the towniest person here.

@Swords: Cruuuuud you are correct. Well darnit. So Swords, which one of us is dying tonight? xD

BarDulL

Town Vampire
hmm.

unfortunately, raziek/kb are somewhat in the same area for me at this point. sorta. they're both under the radar/have scum leans for me. kantrip continues to be kantrip. don't like vlade. applying pressure to RF right now; trying to match RF's behavior to his profiled persona.

j/swords are unmistakably town. asdioh (t-block) is slight town to me.

nabe is guilty obv.

everyone else is probably null (that is, if i forgot to mention anyone)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bardull what about the entire KB wagon and the info against him yesterDay that brings him back down to the similar category as Raz?

Don't like Vlade? o.o that's a new one I'm curious of hearing more about.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I like J's reads.

Naturally I lean towards Kosha Boy and T-Block being scum out of your two pairings, and Raziek is a possibility. RF is also not ruled out. Vlade is leaning town still.

J, Bardull, and Swords are on the town boat.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@J: Me. Watcher and all on you. :(

@Bardell: If I recall correctly, you stated before that Kantrip seemed "overly agreeable." Do you still think that? could you possibly provide some examples of that?

Btw, my reads are pretty much the same thing as J's reads, in case anyone is curious.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I better be on the town boat. I think I finally earned that ticket.

@Swords: Noooo. Mix it up. Let it be on you.

Kantrip

Kantplay
If we wanted to be really ballsy we could shoot for the RB/VBer toDay knowing that since Nabe only targeted one person (the one who died) he most likely doesn't have any dangerous scum PR. Also this is assuming we have 2 mislynches at least (which we should).

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i've actually disliked vlade all game if you look back at my reads. vlade is pretty non chalant about pressure he gets even when it's deserved; he typically responds to pressure with "i figured you'd say that," but he doesn't say anything else. he's too "cool" about the pressure he gets.

it may just be my personal distaste for that kind of personality though.

there are other small things; vlade's sheeping and easy votes for one. i also completely did not understand his vote on you (J) whatsoever since you haven't been worthy of being voted for all game. i haven't gotten a solid read from that vote though so i can't use it as evidence for scummy behavior.

raziek and KB are somewhat in the same boat because pressure has been absent from KB for too long. KB has been openly scummy a majority of the game, but raziek hasn't taken as many opportunities to be as scummy. they're both in that "under the radar/lean scum" zone for me. raziek is there because of the easy votes on kantrip/nabe. he reads to me as mega lurker trying to come off as town.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
it's sort of hard for me to express the feeling i get for KB/raziek being in the same boat in a coherent manner, lol. sorry j.

KB = obvious scummy but wasn't lynched, hasn't posted all day, is essentially under the radar atm.

raziek = not obvious scum, but comes off as trying to be town with easy votes while lurking pretty hard. has a pattern for going inactive, coming back with an easy vote, then going inactive again. if not for the exploding computer shenanigans, i would have him pinned as scum right now. he's also under the radar and hasn't been getting pressured.

they sort of weigh the same to me right now. can't explain it any better than that.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@J: Me. Watcher and all on you. :(

@Bardell: If I recall correctly, you stated before that Kantrip seemed "overly agreeable." Do you still think that? could you possibly provide some examples of that?

Btw, my reads are pretty much the same thing as J's reads, in case anyone is curious.
kantrip seemed to be buddying me earlier in the day phase. since then, it seems like he has stopped, but his voting pattern/opinions seems to suggest kantrip having a strong following for RF.

don't really feel like digging up posts in specific, i'm doing homework while playing atm. xd

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not sure how to feel about that.

You'll probably never see jesters in forum mafia anyways, this isn't epic mafia with their foolish setups.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually Bardull, do you think you could elaborate that point? What makes you get jester vibes from me? You can say it how you would in EM if you want.

Top Bottom