• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Actual skill brawl characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
All words stated below are (Opinion) only

If you have read my last thread in Melee discussion you have come to realize that i disagree with certain aspects of the game super smash brothers Melee. Well, now i move onto Brawl and what i think about certain characters that require no skill. Metaknight, takes absoulutly no skill to play whatsoever, NONE, zip, nada. A total new person who has never experienced and super smash brothers game can play the game for the first time with metaknight and likewise with another person who chooses Ganondorf and will completly beat him. As i have said before, He takes NO skill to play. Any pro player that is considered "pro" is most likely a total noob. He may be able to know the mechanics of the game inside and out. But he can only win if he chooses "top tier and god tier". Needless to say, people may think that metaknight is "unbeatable", when in reality, Bottom tier can beat him. "pro" vs "pro", any character can beat any character. These are the characters that i believe take little to no skill to actually use. Metaknight, Solid Snake, King Dedede, Pit, Zero suit samus, Falco, Fox, Wolf. It's pretty easy to see why i have chosen these characters in the first place anyway. If you ever so happen to run across a really good Bowser, Luigi, Mario, or the rest of the crew of smash brothers, congratulate them on a job well done of mastering their selected character. I suggest you do that too for any "Pro" player but in your mind know that they don't really have skill. But for those who disagree, as i have stated, it is opinion only. I welcome all comments crude or supportive to see what the smash community thinks about what i have stated. I see no reason why this thread should be locked or closed. I thank all of you who read and comment on this thread.

Yes, i'm bashing my own character Dedede. Yet i also main the bottom tier Ganondorf, Bowser, Dk, and just about any evil character you can think of in smash bros Brawl. Thanks again.

-Zeadro

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dude, Snake and everyone else you mentioned take a LOT of skill to play well (well, maybe not falco vs some people).

OverLade

Smash Hero
Some characters in brawl take more skill than others, but you have to keep in mind, while some characters may take similar amounts of skill, one character can still be vastly better than the other.

Snake and Marth are both characters that are almost pure skill at the competitive level, but Snake is a better character than Marth.

As MK some matchups can be won without real skill and you can rely on how good his options are, but in other matchups skill will be extremely important in winning, even if you have the matchup advantage.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
You have to be trolling or actully making a post but I'll bite. I saw pit, zamus, Fox and Wolf and not taking any skill in the same sentence. Y

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
MK requires spacing skills.. Seriously :\ You realize everyone knows MK inside and out so you have to know how use MK....

Just because MK shuts down some.. alot of characters effortlessly (or marginal) doesn't mean he doesn't require skill...

MK (as well as anyone...) takes no skill at lower levels of play though, cause well no one is thinking properly on spacing and countering and thinking ahead

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
I main Wario and he requires a ton of skill. I disagree with your MK comment also. Anyone can pick up MK and get a stock off a good player but to truly understand his game his spacing his DI takes a lot of skill. I guantee you can not pick up MK and take on some of the top players.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
O and your comment that says any pro player who plays MK is a total noob, let's see u play M2k, Judge, or Ksizzle and say that.

TL?

Smash Ace
Are you trolling? Snake is one of the characters that takes the most skill to play. The top MKs do not lack skill because they use MK. They are the best for a reason, because they are the most skilled players at the game. You also throw around the word "skill" very vaguely.

황미영

Smash Champion
O and your comment that says any pro player who plays MK is a total noob, let's see u play M2k, Judge, or Ksizzle and say that.
Lol, he played Halberd and got *****.
Are you trolling? Snake is one of the characters that takes the most skill to play. The top MKs do not lack skill because they use MK. They are the best for a reason, because they are the most skilled players at the game. You also throw around the word "skill" very vaguely.
Again, he is not trolling. He's just stupid.

Lol, Halberd. Just to let you know that Zeadro is SkyNerd. xD

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
Snake takes alot of skill to play; grenade timing, spacing, knowing the bombs, etc. Just the tilts make it an easy kill.

Falco takes skill too, if you're not counting the CG. I can't even shdl correctly while going backwards or forwards. Heck, sometimes I laser the wrong direction.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Zero Suit Samus, not needing skill to be used?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Even MK requires skill to be used. EVERY character requires a lot of skill to be used at a top level. There's a clear difference between a mediocre MK and a top-level MK, as well as every other character you mentioned. And I, as a matter of fact, know ALL too well that ZSS is a very hard character to learn how to play and win with.

I know I'm biting the troll, but... As I was starting to read I thought to myself "Hey, maybe he'll mention Kirby? He takes skill, but he's not like ZSS where it's very hard to play her if you don't warm up", and a couple of seconds later I see ZSS's name there. Literally, all of the characters require a lot of skill to win. Even if you were a top Brawl player, I would still disagree with you. It's just logical, dude!

황미영

Smash Champion
Kewkky! El no es un troll... En vida real el habla de estas cosas. Si es triste que el no sabe de que el habla. Y el dice que on dia el va a ganar un torneo. Pero el nunca a ganado nada.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

If you have read my last thread in Melee discussion you have come to realize that i disagree with certain aspects of the game super smash brothers Melee. Well, now i move onto Brawl and what i think about certain characters that require no skill. Metaknight, takes absoulutly no skill to play whatsoever, NONE, zip, nada. A total new person who has never experienced and super smash brothers game can play the game for the first time with metaknight and likewise with another person who chooses Ganondorf and will completly beat him. As i have said before, He takes NO skill to play. Any pro player that is considered "pro" is most likely a total noob. He may be able to know the mechanics of the game inside and out. But he can only win if he chooses "top tier and god tier". Needless to say, people may think that metaknight is "unbeatable", when in reality, Bottom tier can beat him. "pro" vs "pro", any character can beat any character. These are the characters that i believe take little to no skill to actually use. Metaknight, Solid Snake, King Dedede, Pit, Zero suit samus, Falco, Fox, Wolf. It's pretty easy to see why i have chosen these characters in the first place anyway. If you ever so happen to run across a really good Bowser, Luigi, Mario, or the rest of the crew of smash brothers, congratulate them on a job well done of mastering their selected character. I suggest you do that too for any "Pro" player but in your mind know that they don't really have skill. But for those who disagree, as i have stated, it is opinion only. I welcome all comments crude or supportive to see what the smash community thinks about what i have stated. I see no reason why this thread should be locked or closed. I thank all of you who read and comment on this thread.

Yes, i'm bashing my own character Dedede. Yet i also main the bottom tier Ganondorf, Bowser, Dk, and just about any evil character you can think of in smash bros Brawl. Thanks again.

-Zeadro
It must be said, SkyNerd: why do you think using top tier= being a noob? I mean, is D3 easy for you to use? do you go and pulverize everyone in your path withim because he's a top? and they were talking on Aib that Yoshi might do disturbingly well against MK(though not by much)

and on a side note, shouldn't you also congratulate Fox and Wolf users since they also use mid tiers?(they are lower ranked then DK!) it seems you're biased to spacies.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Personally, i believe that the space animals take little to no skill. But i think that whoever says snake takes actual skill hasn't been looking at the picture clearly. Yeah, i lost to RedHalberd, but no, snake doesn't take skill worth crud. Plus all i saw at the tourney when RedHalberd was playing was total spamming. Solid snake has incredible power and good speed. It's not like he takes really quick movements of the hands to master. And learning the bombs is a peice of cake. How hard is it to learn to throw up, to both sides, and dropping it. PLUS making the other character drop the bomb. Also i don't think M2k is really that pro, or any person that mains any Top tier character. It's not like i'm clearing every person in my way, but the fact remains that it doesn't take alot of skill to play a top tier and it never really will. So look at any pro today and tell me who they main. If you find a low tier mainer that ACtually wins!? Then i will salute you and them. But i don't think there should be respect given to a "Pro player" that mains a TOp tier such as Metaknight or snake, and falco. SOrry Halberd but it's my opinion.

TL?

Smash Ace
Personally, i believe that the space animals take little to no skill. But i think that whoever says snake takes actual skill hasn't been looking at the picture clearly. Yeah, i lost to RedHalberd, but no, snake doesn't take skill worth crud. Plus all i saw at the tourney when RedHalberd was playing was total spamming. Solid snake has incredible power and good speed. It's not like he takes really quick movements of the hands to master. And learning the bombs is a peice of cake. How hard is it to learn to throw up, to both sides, and dropping it. PLUS making the other character drop the bomb. Also i don't think M2k is really that pro, or any person that mains any Top tier character. It's not like i'm clearing every person in my way, but the fact remains that it doesn't take alot of skill to play a top tier and it never really will. So look at any pro today and tell me who they main. If you find a low tier mainer that ACtually wins!? Then i will salute you and them. But i don't think there should be respect given to a "Pro player" that mains a TOp tier such as Metaknight or snake, and falco. SOrry Halberd but it's my opinion.
That's like saying anyone over 5'8" can never be called a pro basketball player.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
It's funny how you say that you want people to respect those who use mid/low/bolttom guys when you yourself are most likely using it as a mulligan to just diss top/ highs. my mains are a middle guy in both games, but even I think you are doing this wrong.plus, DK is a high tier in brwal, so doesn't that kind of contradict what you are trying to say? I mean, what do you want, every character Olimar and up banned or something?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
To your logic, Ray Kalm and DLA are the most "pro" players out there.

You're looking at the game from the wrong angle. Top tier characters take skill just as much as mid tiers, and sometimes even low tiers. It's just that some characters really aren't viable because of the charactets out there. The pro players are pro from their analyzing, strategies, and experience of the game. Character choice means nothing if they don't have those qualities.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky! El no es un troll... En vida real el habla de estas cosas. Si es triste que el no sabe de que el habla. Y el dice que on dia el va a ganar un torneo. Pero el nunca a ganado nada.
Si el fuese de Puerto Rico, yo hablaría con el, le demostraría porqué los top tiers requieren "skill"... Pero pues, vive en EU so no puedo.

How can we tell the difference between a Snake that can win tourneys, and one that can't? If one of them plays against a player and wins, then the other plays and loses, wouldn't you say that one Snake is more skilled than the other? Saying "No, he isn't more 'skilled', he's just a better player" points out at the guy being more "skilled" at using Snake.

Same goes for MK, DDD, ZSS, Pit, Falco, and all the other characters you listed. To me, it sounds like you're playing lots of:

*Tornado-and-dsmash spamming MKs
*Tilt-spamming and grenade-spamming Snakes
*Laser-spamming Falcos
*Laser-spamming Foxes
*Fsmash-and-Blaster spamming Wolves.
*Arrow-spamming Pits
*sideB-spamming ZSS's
*Chaingrabbing DDDs

You should get better at the games before trying to give people "informative reads"... You're pretty much throwing out an opinion based on false information, which is detrimental to the metagame as well as the newcomers who believe everything they find on SmashBoards.

Are you winning with DDD?

황미영

Smash Champion
Jajaja! xD

Well he lives in Florida, so he deals with MKs and Snakes. And those others he mentioned minus the Wolf and Fox.

And he does not win or even place well with DDD. At a tourney we went to, when he lost to GDX's Diddy, he asked me who to counterpick and I just said use MK. Even though he says he uses other characters. And he lost anyways. What does he have to blame, the bananas. Basically, Zeadro Johns. Day and night.

REL38

Smash Lord
Metaknight, takes absoulutly no skill to play whatsoever, NONE, zip, nada. A total new person who has never experienced and super smash brothers game can play the game for the first time with metaknight and likewise with another person who chooses Ganondorf and will completly beat him.
I beat noob MK's all the time with Ganon

lololol

So have noob Ganon's

lolololololol

If this is seriously true, then that's pretty sad

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
. These are the characters that i believe take little to no skill to actually use. Metaknight, Solid Snake, King Dedede, Pit, Zero suit samus, Falco, Fox, Wolf.
-Zeadro
ZSS takes skills to play.

Jonas

Smash Champion
You seem to not know what skill is. It's not about execution, it's about application. Snake has a lot of good tools at his disposal, and that's the reason why he's considered top tier, but that doesn't mean he just wins the match for you.
Same goes for Meta Knight. There are so goddam many MK mains out there, but very few of them make it to the top. If M2K "has no skill", then why does he consistenly place well when so many other MK mains don't?
Top tier characters do have advantages, but saying that people who consistently do well with them don't have skill is simply untrue.

OverLade

Smash Hero
But i think that whoever says snake takes actual skill hasn't been looking at the picture clearly. Yeah, i lost to RedHalberd, but no, snake doesn't take skill worth crud. Plus all i saw at the tourney when RedHalberd was playing was total spamming. Solid snake has incredible power and good speed. It's not like he takes really quick movements of the hands to master. And learning the bombs is a peice of cake. How hard is it to learn to throw up, to both sides, and dropping it.

Yeah you're right, how could I be so wrong...

What a stunning revalation, now I'm going to switch my main to Ganon to try and prove he can win tourneys and then get ***** but not understand why after all he takes true skill and I'm a truly skilled player...

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Jajaja! xD

Well he lives in Florida, so he deals with MKs and Snakes. And those others he mentioned minus the Wolf and Fox.

And he does not win or even place well with DDD. At a tourney we went to, when he lost to GDX's Diddy, he asked me who to counterpick and I just said use MK. Even though he says he uses other characters. And he lost anyways. What does he have to blame, the bananas. Basically, Zeadro Johns. Day and night.
ONE! You need to stop being a post stalker!
Two! Diddy kong also takes no skill whatsoever and only wins due to the fact that he has peels! No skill in there at all. I lost alot of times due to the fact that all i saw during the whole match was a diddy kong constantly throwing peels at me/other people. And it's obvious i'm not going to make my point to any of you, because you refuse to accept the truth. Oh well, it's not my fault, i tried to tell you guys. Can't help it if you won't listen. Man this world is messed up. :(

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Two! Diddy kong also takes no skill whatsoever and only wins due to the fact that he has peels! No skill in there at all. I lost alot of times due to the fact that all i saw during the whole match was a diddy kong constantly throwing peels at me/other people. And it's obvious i'm not going to make my point to any of you, because you refuse to accept the truth. Oh well, it's not my fault, i tried to tell you guys. Can't help it if you won't listen. Man this world is messed up. :(
LRN 2 MU and stop playing the Victim card

황미영

Smash Champion
And what he means by this world is messed up is that people don't accept his views. And lol, at stalking posts. It's called checking up on the thread.

And don't only reply to me others have better posts than me.

Jonas

Smash Champion
No, you lost because you didn't know how to deal with bananas and because your opponent knew how to use bananas effectively. Instead of concluding that a character "takes no skill" because someone beat you with it, you need to get better or just quit competitve Smash.

Laem

Smash Champion
**** son ganon takes absolutely no skill he can kill u in like 5 hits its soooo cheap

day-day

Smash Ace

-Zeadro
@ this thread.
I'm guessing this was you after getting beat by Diddy.

REL38

Smash Lord
Lrn2playbetter

Nova9000

Smash Lord
You cannot be serious with this thread...please tell me you're serious...you sound like a 7 yr old who can't get his way because he doesn't always win. STFU and learn how to play the game and understand why you suck, rather than get mad. But people like you probably have a hard time digesting words, so in other words:

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Some people are so dumb.

If Metaknight is such an eay character, you pick him up and place like M2K, Dojo, Judge, any top Metaknight.
Metaknight is so good because he has so much POTENTIAL and every single OPTION in the game. However, at highest levels of play, he still takes an INCREDIBLE amount of skill to play. Those who have masterd him as so PRECISE. Everything is planned, everything is calculated in their head: their next move, the opponents next three moves, everything.
Most of these top Metaknight players are incredibly smart and talented players. They play Meta because he has every option, options which they know perfectly how to ustilize.
Anyone who says he's the easiest character in the game is being incredibly naive and has a grudge against him because he is such a great character.

I would say the characters overall that take the most skill are Metaknight, Snake, Sonic,Samus, Peach, and Luigi. To play these at their highest metagame levels, I believe these are the hardest to completely utilize all their skill.

kr3wman

Smash Master
No characters in brawl take much skill to use, but to win they all do.

Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom