• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ActiveGamers:Coast2Coast (REGISTER ONLINE BY THURSDAY 9/24 TO AVOID FEES!) 9/26 & 27

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Rules questions:

-Can you clarify the various "Kongo Jungle" stages? You have it listed as a neutral and a CP, does this mean that DK64 is a neutral in doubles, and CP in singles (making Japes banned)? Or are you referring to Jungle Japes as Kongo Jungle in the CP section? Also, there's the waterfall Kongo Jungle stage, which I presume is banned but isn't listed in the banned section.
-Any reason we aren't doing stage striking for Melee?
-You have a rule that is "No player may choose the stage they last won on" which I believe is the original wording of Dave's Stupid Rule. So does that mean in a 3-of-5 set, if it's 2-2, the counterpicking team could pick the -first- stage they won on?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
imagine hundreds of players stage striking in pools

then imagine how much extra time pools would take

stage striking is good and all, but shouldn't be used until like a 32-man bracket.

pockyD

Smash Legend
stage striking only takes like 5 more seconds per set, and if the random stage had to be reset, then it might even be faster than random

the only problem is that people are idiots and don't bother to learn the rules in advance and when you have to explain it to everyone individually, THAT'S a time killer

HugS™

Smash Lord
Stage striking will be allowed, I just neglected to add it into the rules. I'll do that after I eat.

Btw, weird question, but does anyone know where I could purchase some shark steak from a restaurant? Or is that all kinds of illegal here in California?

pockyD

Smash Legend
apparently rey backed out so i can take 1-2 more from norcal, depending on your size

leaving friday, coming back late sunday or monday afternoon

pockyD

Smash Legend
someone else dropped out and it just looks like ****ing me and brian

anybody else want to come, i don't really want to pay 50 bucks for gas

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hey no joke...

But I left my gamecube controller in the freezer for a few hours on accident.

On another note, m2k, i sent you a pm.

Top Bottom