• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
and dont do it if ur at kill percents
I am in total agreement. Probably the worst idea ever except for maybe random vanishing at kill percents.

I have yet to see a Sheik use the chain well in a match with the minor exception of Tristan and that is because he loves the chain. To this day I get random messages on AIM, skype and youtube asking how to do the chain lock. I am about ready to take my old Sheik guide off of youtube because #1, it sucks and 2, I get message spam.
I bet poor ole Ankoku gets it pretty bad too. xD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I haven't actually been on any of my Youtube accounts in about a month.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
No because they are too distracted by dedede's seductive crouch
QFT
alsoguys, seeing as mk's hurtbox pokes out the top of nado, can sheik use her godawful d-air to hit him?
it might require a bit of prediction, but if an mk comes to nado under you to cover your landing, if you d-air youll stop untill he gets there and then you can kick him, WEEE!
im not sure though, anyone want to test this?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The really good MK I play never really uses tornado in spots where I can punish it, he just spaces with dtilt and ftilt and stuff and once i trip or he sees an opening he grabs me.

He only uses tornado really when my shield is low or im on a platform or im coming down from the air.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think selective MK's are the worst...the ones that know when they have the opening and when to capitalize on it and when to play defensively.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the thing with mk is when hes not letting you even get your bearings back, on the other hand if hes reckless when he tries to stop you landing and such, you can possibly punish

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
use nair to beat nado from above.

also you can di out of chain locks very quickly. no one who understands the match will ever get to 300% from the chain sorry SL :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
use nair to beat nado from above.

also you can di out of chain locks very quickly. no one who understands the match will ever get to 300% from the chain sorry SL :(
so... nair hits mk out of nado...but dair doesnt, got that move really is worthless

saviorslegacy

So how much on average do you get from tilt locking an MK (not including a finisher) who's decent at DIing out of it?
MK is hard to tilt lock for some reason.. ironic isn't it.
I normally take him to about late 40's/early 50'ish% and then finish with a Nair or something. This is starting around 25%-30%. So on average I can rack up 20 or more % on him.
That is just me though. If you are good enough you should be able to take him to about 60%
10-30%, it depends on a lot of things.

or just back throw them twice to do 33% :troll:
*troll
i just liek the high def *** :3
I had training mode up when you said that... so I turned Sheik around and zoomed in.
yep

Judo777

Smash Master
yea we can typically take MK up to about 65 with the finisher so like 35ish or so

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yea we can typically take MK up to about 65 with the finisher so like 35ish or so
yeah this sucks bad, on the other hand, cant we jsut grab him out of a tilt ([providing hes not too far up) and then simply dacus out of air release? that deals 30% when done right alone (plus whatever pummel's you may have had time to do), so its likely to deal more damage overall

I had training mode up when you said that... so I turned Sheik around and zoomed in.
yep
if ever im in that mood (a.k.a:my internet is down) i go into mega slow brawl, can pause her in just the right pose that way
don't judge me

saviorslegacy

I actually done some testing and strong Bair is just as powerful as Nair. When I say just as powerful I mean they are the exact same. I set C. Falcon at a certain part on FD with 128% and performed strong Bair and then Nair. Neither killed, I bumped it up to 129% and both killed.
I done this to several other characters until I finally just accepted that strong Bair and Nair are the same. I prefer Bair over Nair because Bair is safer over the pit and Bair has more range.

IMO Nair is best as a f-tilt finisher when the foe will probably not get hit by both u-tilt hits or have a bunch of damage so u-tilt wont hit. Besides, everyone knows that at lowish percents f-tilt> reverse DSmash is the best. :bee: You have a chance of doing 20% with it. Rarely happens though, but it is still a better idea than normal DSmash.
Also, if you feel like you probably aren't going to kill with USmash or if they can't get tilted for very long (floaty) end with USmash. USmash does like 30%!!!! That is the equivalent of most tilt locks and and 20% more than most every finish. I use this often against Peach and Kirby.

Oh, and as an added mix up.... f-tilt> jump over them> chain is an amazing mix up. If you keep it in your pocket and rarely use it you can get away with it often since most of the time they are expecting another f-tilt and are trying to air dodge.

Oh, and the reason why I have not made the tilt lock video yet is because I am replacing my old video Hyrule Rouge. My old video has a lot of stupid stuff in it and needs updated badly. So that is my current project.
Speaking of which.... what do you think I should put in there? Here is what I have lined up:

Proper recovery angles
auto snapping
DACUS
GR> DACUS
ground b reverse needles
chain lock
reverse chain lock
chain jacket (considering removal)
auto cancel aerials
f-tilt lock
f-tilt> USmash
all f-tilt finishers
jab cancel> grab, jab cancel> jab, jab cancel> DSmash> jab cancel> f-tilt and jab cancel> Nair
needle glide and vanish glide
uses of crouching (considering removal)

Alright, add or remove at will. Just give me a reason why you think the way you do.

Judo777

Smash Master
I actually done some testing and strong Bair is just as powerful as Nair. When I say just as powerful I mean they are the exact same. I set C. Falcon at a certain part on FD with 128% and performed strong Bair and then Nair. Neither killed, I bumped it up to 129% and both killed.
I done this to several other characters until I finally just accepted that strong Bair and Nair are the same. I prefer Bair over Nair because Bair is safer over the pit and Bair has more range.

IMO Nair is best as a f-tilt finisher when the foe will probably not get hit by both u-tilt hits or have a bunch of damage so u-tilt wont hit. Besides, everyone knows that at lowish percents f-tilt> reverse DSmash is the best. :bee: You have a chance of doing 20% with it. Rarely happens though, but it is still a better idea than normal DSmash.
Also, if you feel like you probably aren't going to kill with USmash or if they can't get tilted for very long (floaty) end with USmash. USmash does like 30%!!!! That is the equivalent of most tilt locks and and 20% more than most every finish. I use this often against Peach and Kirby.

Oh, and as an added mix up.... f-tilt> jump over them> chain is an amazing mix up. If you keep it in your pocket and rarely use it you can get away with it often since most of the time they are expecting another f-tilt and are trying to air dodge.

Oh, and the reason why I have not made the tilt lock video yet is because I am replacing my old video Hyrule Rouge. My old video has a lot of stupid stuff in it and needs updated badly. So that is my current project.
Speaking of which.... what do you think I should put in there? Here is what I have lined up:

Proper recovery angles
auto snapping
DACUS
GR> DACUS
ground b reverse needles
chain lock
reverse chain lock
chain jacket (considering removal)
auto cancel aerials
f-tilt lock
f-tilt> USmash
all f-tilt finishers
jab cancel> grab, jab cancel> jab, jab cancel> DSmash> jab cancel> f-tilt and jab cancel> Nair
needle glide and vanish glide
uses of crouching (considering removal)

Alright, add or remove at will. Just give me a reason why you think the way you do.
I really would say that utilt is a good majority of the time ur best finisher IMO. Ur right that sweet spot bair and nair are equal in strength but here is the thing. Saving bair is pretty hard because of just how good it is. I use my bair all day long so saving nair for kills isn't a bad idea. Especially since nair Oos is an easy way to kill people who do something stupid at you. If you can manage to save bair then go for it but using nair out of ftilt while its not a bad idea and i use it from time to time, i would really recommend trying to save it for kills. Bair is also good for kills as you said but bair is also good for like 10 things lol where as nair has much more situational uses (ie Oos or soft hit on shield and stuff like that). Idk its just my ipion and im not saying dont use it after ftilt but if utilt is working dont stop using a good thing cause utilt has such a great trajectory and i dont think i have really ever been punished for using it after except when i didn't consider decay properly.

Also i really like ur chain mixup out of ftilt.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I really would say that utilt is a good majority of the time ur best finisher IMO. Ur right that sweet spot bair and nair are equal in strength but here is the thing. Saving bair is pretty hard because of just how good it is. I use my bair all day long so saving nair for kills isn't a bad idea. Especially since nair Oos is an easy way to kill people who do something stupid at you. If you can manage to save bair then go for it but using nair out of ftilt while its not a bad idea and i use it from time to time, i would really recommend trying to save it for kills. Bair is also good for kills as you said but bair is also good for like 10 things lol where as nair has much more situational uses (ie Oos or soft hit on shield and stuff like that). Idk its just my ipion and im not saying dont use it after ftilt but if utilt is working dont stop using a good thing cause utilt has such a great trajectory and i dont think i have really ever been punished for using it after except when i didn't consider decay properly.

Also i really like ur chain mixup out of ftilt.
i agree with pretty much all of this, there have been countless occasions (against both good and bad players...more often bad ones obviously) where they have airdodged after the u-tilt and i can simply hyphen u-smash and boom, another 19% please ^.^
also with how often we have to hit people to get them to kill percentage, finishing with nair isnt really going to stale it much, as it will become unstale pretty quickly. i have trouble landing kills with it anyway, much prefer dropshield dsmash (a maneuvour i perfected as a r.o.b main lol)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Nair I like to save a lot but at the same time I've been able to do some really awesome stuff with weak hit nair, it's so good when you know how to use sex kicks.

Top Bottom