• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Yeah, I edit my posts all of the time because I type so fast that I make a ton of errors. Like the other day I went to say 'clean" and I said "cling".
Usually I'll catch them all but sometimes I'll miss a few.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Come one come all the...

LOUISIANA DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

This December 17th and 18th!!!

December 17th will have a tournament at Play n Trade Bluebonnet in Baton Rouge, LA. This is more of a local tournament but if you had plans on arriving in the bayou on Friday come to it anyway, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes from Lafayette.

Then on Saturday come be a part of the event where titans clash, The Awesome Smash of Louisiana, also known as TASOL!!! Boasting a large venue with a Pot Bonus and...

ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET INCLUDED IN THE VENUE FEE!!!

We just have two words for you...

GET

HYPE

For everyone who can't take hints on links:
Warm-up Tourney:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243
Big Tourneyhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
Venue Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg
LA Pride Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

Credits:
Jiovanni the Womanslayer - Hype Machine
Curlz - TASOL TO and Venue trailer creator
Fakegeorge - PnT Bluebonnet TO
Hyro - LA Pride trailer creator

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I edit my posts all of the time because I type so fast that I make a ton of errors. Like the other day I went to say 'clean" and I said "cling".
Usually I'll catch them all but sometimes I'll miss a few.
Really? I usually only make those kinds of mistakes when I'm really tired. Of course, it tends to be more severe, like mixing up "vocabulary" with "volcano."

Judo777

Smash Master
It has not been removed. :(
http://www.youtube.com/saviorslegacy

Go there and watch the most recent video.
"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment and INgrooves, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

so what is it supposed to be? lol

If its reverse grounded chain lock i wouldn't call it the equivalent of IC's cg cause IC's cg isn't half as hard as this and doesn't always result in taking a hit. Reverse grounded chain lock is still good but old news.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
all of these AT's I've never heard of before.. Sheik is a lot more complex than I thought

saviorslegacy

It was Sheik reverse chain lockin MK past 200% 3 times in a row rockin to Elvis...... It looked so cool.

Actually, I have used common sense and made the grounded chain very good. Like if you do this it will do 50% in 2 or 3 seconds. I done 312% in 10 or 11 seconds with s reverse chain lock. The new method is so easy a cave man could do it. I'll upload a vid later today showing how to do it.

Judo777

Smash Master
It was Sheik reverse chain lockin MK past 200% 3 times in a row rockin to Elvis...... It looked so cool.

Actually, I have used common sense and made the grounded chain very good. Like if you do this it will do 50% in 2 or 3 seconds. I done 312% in 10 or 11 seconds with s reverse chain lock. The new method is so easy a cave man could do it. I'll upload a vid later today showing how to do it.
yea thats about the only time i use it. The major issue is getting someone with the lock really shouldn't be happening outside of shield breaks. Every now and then you get ur opponent for being dumb but the chain is so bad from behind that its too dangerous.

Forward chain locks are a little more common cause you can punish landings like that or use it if ur scare ur opponent into shield.

saviorslegacy

Not true brah. I have been punishing get ups from the ledge with the reverse chain lock. Granted, I have yet to lock someone to 300% in a match, but I have done almost a 100% before. The trick is to jump and perform a reverse chain but time it so that the chain comes out on the ground and not in the air.... or come out as a jack.........

I agree, pretty much the only time I use it is when I am rockin to Elvis. Glad to know I am not alone.

Judo777

Smash Master
Not true brah. I have been punishing get ups from the ledge with the reverse chain lock. Granted, I have yet to lock someone to 300% in a match, but I have done almost a 100% before. The trick is to jump and perform a reverse chain but time it so that the chain comes out on the ground and not in the air.... or come out as a jack.........

I agree, pretty much the only time I use it is when I am rockin to Elvis. Glad to know I am not alone.
90% of getup attacks on the game can beat a backwards chain because of the limited reach. Although i like ur mixup idea with jumping backwards everyone should be able to react to and punish that if you try it because backwards chain has no range.

saviorslegacy

90% of getup attacks on the game can beat a backwards chain because of the limited reach. Although i like ur mixup idea with jumping backwards everyone should be able to react to and punish that if you try it because backwards chain has no range.
No no, this is a predict an punish move only! For example, my friend Mike will usually attack on a get up if I rush the ledge. Now if I rush and predict a ledge get up I have the advantage. I can jump over his attack and land with the chain coming out. Then all I have to do is flick it back and catch him with the electric tip. The rest is history.
The reverse chain lock is only plausible in these kind of situations. Guess right, free stock, guess wrong, punishment. Very high risk and very high reward.

Judo777

Smash Master
No no, this is a predict an punish move only! For example, my friend Mike will usually attack on a get up if I rush the ledge. Now if I rush and predict a ledge get up I have the advantage. I can jump over his attack and land with the chain coming out. Then all I have to do is flick it back and catch him with the electric tip. The rest is history.
The reverse chain lock is only plausible in these kind of situations. Guess right, free stock, guess wrong, punishment. Very high risk and very high reward.
well well now that sounds like a more reasonable scenario. Ok ill try it sometime. Btw free stock might be an overstatement but its a lot of damage. Chain locking still requires frame perfect movement but it only requires it for a short period of time.

saviorslegacy

Perfect movement for only several seconds and with my new idea it's freakin easy as crap.
Yeah, it is an over statement unless you do it perfectly.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you can finish a reverse chain lock with a tech chase. At certain percents you can bring the electric tip forward and hit them sending them into a tumble. It would be pretty hard to tech on reaction. You have enough time to bring your chain in and possibly kill with a DA.
I'll make a separate video later showing you what I am talking about.

saviorslegacy

Oh God, uhhhhhh... don't get all excited about it.

#1 You can take them to 300% but most of the time you only do 80% or so because the stupid electric tip gets in the way. You can get better at it and avoid the electric tip part though.

#2 There are no direct set ups, this is a punishing tool only and the foe can bait to get you to use it. If you fail it is a free hit for them unless they are Jigglypuff.

I guess what I am trying to say is... this doesn't deserve super hype. Once a Sheik can do it often and basically get a free stock then you can hype it up. Because if it gets hyped up before, people will demand data and I wont be able finish my other projects!

ps This has been known for freakin everrrrrrr. I've known about it for at least two years and Ankoku/other release date Sheik have probably known about it for almost 3. Thing is, no one could ever do it 100% of the time. That is why I am looking at it now. The newer method is faster than c-stick twitching and more proficient. IDK if it is even new though... might be one of those little known and simply not talked about things.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
fair enough, sounds techy, and therefore impossible for me T.T
still an interesting gimmick to look into i suppose

Judo777

Smash Master
Oh God, uhhhhhh... don't get all excited about it.

#1 You can take them to 300% but most of the time you only do 80% or so because the stupid electric tip gets in the way. You can get better at it and avoid the electric tip part though.

#2 There are no direct set ups, this is a punishing tool only and the foe can bait to get you to use it. If you fail it is a free hit for them unless they are Jigglypuff.

I guess what I am trying to say is... this doesn't deserve super hype. Once a Sheik can do it often and basically get a free stock then you can hype it up. Because if it gets hyped up before, people will demand data and I wont be able finish my other projects!

ps This has been known for freakin everrrrrrr. I've known about it for at least two years and Ankoku/other release date Sheik have probably known about it for almost 3. Thing is, no one could ever do it 100% of the time. That is why I am looking at it now. The newer method is faster than c-stick twitching and more proficient. IDK if it is even new though... might be one of those little known and simply not talked about things.
dude i never use the c stick lol. I take the analog and move it between the 7:30 and 6:00 position on the octagonal marker of the analog. So i guess move it between down and down left repeatedly is what i do. I think its the easiest that i have found and it was actually in the very first sheik guide made on the boards lol

saviorslegacy

I have talked to a bunch of Sheiks that use the c-stick + the analog.
You're pretty much doing what I am doing. It isn't hard at all to true lock people doing it this way. If it was in the first guide for the boards, why are there still so many Sheiks failing at the Chain?

I'll still get that video up. Maybe it will cause more interest in the Chain and make people pay attention to how good it can be. I'm personally going to start pulling it out on shields at a safe distance.

Judo777

Smash Master
I have talked to a bunch of Sheiks that use the c-stick + the analog.
You're pretty much doing what I am doing. It isn't hard at all to true lock people doing it this way. If it was in the first guide for the boards, why are there still so many Sheiks failing at the Chain?

I'll still get that video up. Maybe it will cause more interest in the Chain and make people pay attention to how good it can be. I'm personally going to start pulling it out on shields at a safe distance.
I wasn't aware other sheiks were doing it wrong. However even with that method its still not easy and I will say that probably 9 times out of 10 ur gonna get punished anyway. DOn't get me wrong its totally worth it if you manage to get it but...... getting it is hard and dont do it if ur at kill percents cause i always eat an MK dsmash when i do it.

Top Bottom