• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

gkirbz 54

Smash Rookie
mars is the best sheik, he brought mike hazes marth to last stock and almost won the mm and he doesnt afraid of anything

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
It's all good Malcom, you gonna be at Columbus? You sir are Awesome!! I wish I could've got more games in with ya.

During the matches I saw you really didn't know the MU but they were just so much fun lol. MM at Columbus if I can go? We'll do a Best of 5 so you can get the MU down
Aight! I'm gonna do some research. See what I gotta look for this time! It'll be fun tho =D

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Ah today was fun for me. After a month long break from brawl, and a good 4 month break from shiek I used her again today. My god is she fun to use! I don't know if it's because I've been using Marth and Meta lately and incorporating my Marth/Meta into my Shiek. I wish I saved some replays I had a really fun time mixing up my opponents. :)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hey everyone, i just got hooked on Shiek yesterday(GA's worst), so i'm kind of in need of help on what to do, and what to try to avoid doing :urg:
I normally use Tilrs and Aerials a lot, but i'll go grounded for a bit, just to score KOs or space.
I use Nair, Bair, and Uair a lot, just because i feel they have high priority(Tell me if they dont; I dont wanna get punished for using moves with crap priority >.<)

Edit: I guess nobody has any starter tips? :(

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Needles are your friends. Needles do 18% fresh and can punish far away moves or punish opponents landing from the air. Learn the tilt lock and who you can do it to. For example, we have a ~25% - death ftilt lock on fox, but some character's moves can interrupt such as Marth's up B. Also, learn what moves you can do after a ftilt lock. Another thing about Sheik is learn how to juggle. You can initiate a juggle with ftilt and from a grab with dthrow and fthrow. Bthrow is usually avoided because it makes your opponents face away from you which allows them to use their bair, and most of the cast has decent to good bairs. You can juggle with uair, nair, bair, or restart the juggle with another grab. One last thing I can think of right now is that Sheik's tether is longer than what most people believe to be. You can tether to recover and tether to edgeguard.

I think I forgot some stuff, but I hope this helps. :)

Edit: One more thing about Sheik's tether. When she retracts, she can't be hurt at all, but the invincibility frames you get from grabbing the ledge is shorter than grabbing it normally.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i always wonder this and i hope soem1 can answer me

what is the total frame for sheik to

push b to start charging needle then push L/R right away to cancel it

is there frame data on that?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There should be. The time frame is mediumish I think. Like 18 frames? Maybe a few less.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I think it was 13 or 14. Whatever it was, the time was definitely longer than dash-canceling into a shield flash.

ZomgNinjah!!!1

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, i just got hooked on Shiek yesterday(GA's worst), so i'm kind of in need of help on what to do, and what to try to avoid doing :urg:
I normally use Tilrs and Aerials a lot, but i'll go grounded for a bit, just to score KOs or space.
I use Nair, Bair, and Uair a lot, just because i feel they have high priority(Tell me if they dont; I dont wanna get punished for using moves with crap priority >.<)

Edit: I guess nobody has any starter tips? :(
All of Sheik's aerials have somewhat of a priority if you know how to use them, but I feel that Uair stands out because it has killing power on stages that are short on cielings rather than on the sides. You can actually do a double Uair if you conserve one jump per Uair, and you keep your opponent at a straight upward angle. Definitely use Ftilts, especially on heavy characters like fox. I f you ever lose aginst fox, you're doing something horrendously wrong, i can tell you that now. I would say if you ever wanna take out the best of a character, its always good to know a decent metaknight, snake, and diddy user in your area. If you can make time to learn those 3 matchups, then Sheik will become your *****. End of story. (The reason why I'm not mentioning Ice Climbers is because that's where a secondary may come into hand, most likely a non-chaingrabbable character).

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to get my parents to let me go, and I can't buy the pass until I get the OK to go... Hopefully they don't run out. XD

Judo777

Smash Master
Sweet <3 reppin that jiggz! thats good cause there are like noooooo good jiggs players

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Sweet <3 reppin that jiggz! thats good cause there are like noooooo good jiggs players
Sad, but true.

Or, the good Jiggz players either don't go to tournaments or have already quit, lol. I play a little Jiggz myself, but I'm kind of stuck on Sheik atm. Jiggz is bad, but is not nearly as awful as many say.

Variable

Smash Ace
I wish sheik had of few power moves. Dacus / Usmash is the strongest and even then It kills at very high percentages... You have to Needle and combo with sheik and give more damage, or you can't win very easily.

Thank god for combo's and gimps...

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I wish sheik had of few power moves. Dacus / Usmash is the strongest and even then It kills at very high percentages... You have to Needle and combo with sheik and give more damage, or you can't win very easily.

Thank god for combo's and gimps...
Sheik is a ninja. She kills with speed, not power.

Variable

Smash Ace
Sheik is a ninja. She kills with speed, not power.
Yes I love her speed, and am starting to lean more towards my sheik right now then fox. I just love her Tilt combos. F-tilt, single jab, D-tilt, grab release, Dacus. Or F-tilt, single jab, d-tilt, d-throw, u-air..

Sheik is really fun... I love using needles and gimping with Sheik.. She's a lot of fun to play.

Variable

Smash Ace
Sorry four Double Post:

We need to clear up these sheik boards! Too much in-activity. Let's get these MU threads going, and get some videos up.. Come on guys, we need some more sheik players!

Top Bottom