• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Dazzles are really good. Capture cards can be kinda expensive, though.
After some research, it looks like the one I want will be around $50. Then add in the cost of the extra wires, and I'll guess it amounts to $10 more. I need one for Brawl and MW2, so I figures it isn't a bad investment.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you're getting a Dazzle for MW2, you might need more than $10, since I'm assuming you'll want to capture it using component rather than composite (you will). If memory serves, Dazzles are standalone cards that record to a USB, in which case you'll also need decent knowledge of encoding if you want any sort of reasonable file size. I recommend XviD or DivX, with LAME MP3 (128 kbps if encoding for Youtube, 256 kbps otherwise), and VirtualDub for the encoding tool.

Variable

Smash Ace
After some research, it looks like the one I want will be around $50. Then add in the cost of the extra wires, and I'll guess it amounts to $10 more. I need one for Brawl and MW2, so I figures it isn't a bad investment.
I don't play Mw2 much anymore... It all started fading away once my astros kept messing up.... I was really good though... I got 40 nukes in the course of 2 weeks. (my friend and I challenged each other how much we could get) It's not hard to camp on that game, and kill streaks make it way to easy.... I wish I DID have a capture card when I was playing, that way I could have recorded all of those nukes.. >_> I'll probably start to play again sooner or later...

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
If you're getting a Dazzle for MW2, you might need more than $10, since I'm assuming you'll want to capture it using component rather than composite (you will). If memory serves, Dazzles are standalone cards that record to a USB, in which case you'll also need decent knowledge of encoding if you want any sort of reasonable file size. I recommend XviD or DivX, with LAME MP3 (128 kbps if encoding for Youtube, 256 kbps otherwise), and VirtualDub for the encoding tool.

I just saw videos of people plugging them in and explaining what to do. They didn't mention the encoding or USB... Guess I need to do more research.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Hai, i'm one of the better Sheik's in Western Canada

So ummm hi, imma be chillin and postin' around here now that i know that this thread exists

Variable

Smash Ace
Yeah man, what are we at now, like 7?

There's a lot of people who play sheik for fun or as a secondary, they just don't main her. (including myself) So there are probably quite a few sheik players somewhere out there. I've seen a bunch online, and a few at some tourny's.

Sheiks who post in this forum?? Yeah I'd say around 7.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I wish that sheik wasnt my best character so i could drop her and pick up a permanent top/high tier main, because sheik is seriously garbage.

Discuss.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Sheik has the tools to compete with the top tiers, but hardly anyone ever uses her so her metagame grows VERY slowly.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I wish that sheik wasnt my best character so i could drop her and pick up a permanent top/high tier main, because sheik is seriously garbage.

Discuss.
No you don't. You like having an excuse when you lose. You could VERY easily drop Sheik right now and pick up a higher tier character, but you choose not too.

Sheik is also easily in the top 15 characters in the game. She has the tools we just need to use them better.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I watched him use snake vs. RRR at a tourney after losign with shiek and he almost got 3 stocked

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can use any character I want. It isn't exactly difficult to pick up some character as long as you put in like... 5 minutes to figure out how to avoid SDing.

Judo777

Smash Master
come on sheik boards liven up some i made a thread to try to spark some activity it didnt work very well lol

Top Bottom