• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Judo777

Smash Master
D3 can grab pretty much everything! His grab is 5 frames (faster than everyone else in the game) and its the longest super dumb right? I would recommend crossing up his shield if u can.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its probably safe if its spaced like PERFECTLY

but still a bad idea cuz ddd runs around a lot with running shields, too hard to space

the idea is to needle a lot to force him to jump, then get under him and utilt/uair when he is not dairing

and even if he does dair, u can punish it

walkup ftilts are good if hes not shielding, but generally u dont wanna approach and just needle a lot

double jab to grab = **** on ddd. it is already good on other characters but ddd can basically do nothing

and yeah id imagine the peach v lucario matchup is not that good... but its the best i got haha, i tend to get off on lucarios pretty easily cuz im really aggressive and im good at not getting hit by cheesy stuff, including rolls behind me. ****s dumb!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
DDD is really stupid. That matchup you have to play super patient and make sure your spacing game is on.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Watch vids of me vs magicjosh if you wanna learn how to beat a shieldspamming dedede ._.

youtube.com/spongejordan123 has TONS of me vs MJ... (we play in finals and GF of nearly every local tourney XD)

Ok i just remembered one thing i learned from my last encounter with MJ... Do NOT take a defensive ddd to bf. EVER. ._.

Variable

Smash Ace

but still a bad idea cuz ddd runs around a lot with running shields, too hard to space

the idea is to needle a lot to force him to jump, then get under him and utilt/uair when he is not dairing

walkup ftilts are good if hes not shielding, but generally u dont wanna approach and just needle a lot

double jab to grab = **** on ddd. it is already good on other characters but ddd can basically do nothing

and yeah id imagine the peach v lucario matchup is not that good... but its the best i got haha, i tend to get off on lucarios pretty easily cuz im really aggressive and im good at not getting hit by cheesy stuff, including rolls behind me. ****s dumb!
Somebody must really hate you, if you have negative 3,622 posts. lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
Watch vids of me vs magicjosh if you wanna learn how to beat a shieldspamming dedede ._.

youtube.com/spongejordan123 has TONS of me vs MJ... (we play in finals and GF of nearly every local tourney XD)

Ok i just remembered one thing i learned from my last encounter with MJ... Do NOT take a defensive ddd to bf. EVER. ._.
those kids are all SOOOO BAADDDDDDD dont even try to use them as an example. Not even trolling

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Camp Dedede. Hard. Force his fat *** to approach, and work it out from there. Full hop needles> Waddle dee toss, and its lagless if done right so its pretty safe too. If he starts Shield dashing(or just abusing shield in general), to counter your needles, keep running and spamming needles until his shield gets low then go for the shield poke into [insert combo here]. D3 is heavy which makes it hard to kill, but hes notoriously fat which makes it easy to damage rack. Golden rule of this MU: everyone dies at 300+

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, MagicJosh is not a prime example of a Dedede for the matchup, unfortunately.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
While camping, punish DDD whenever you see him waddle toss. The end lag is pretty large.

One think I love to do against DDDs is whenever they are recovering low and have to use their up B, grab them out of it. Then pummel to put damage on them and force them to break away under the stage again. Rinse and repeat until they get to a high enough % and kill them with uair/fair next time they use their up B.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this is how i fight ddd lol

needles till he approaches

godliek combo from 0-70

more needle camping until he approaches then punish till he gets to like 100+, get a random hit

transform

zelda till he dies

so easy yo

ddds can try to grab me but i got this

Zwarm

Smash Hero
No PRO robs, but magicjosh, fatboy, and zwarm have decent robs
Namesearching ftw. I only do it like, once a month I swear.

I'm not the greatest ROB, but the last time we played I made you ragequit, so don't say you **** me. XD I've gotten a lot better since then too, because that was probably back in February, go to MAS's again so we can play.

Nappy, I played you at MAS in uhh, I think it was March? The pool with a lot of Snakes and me. I beat your MK with my ROB, then you proceeded to beat me with Snake. XD

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Namesearching ftw. I only do it like, once a month I swear.

I'm not the greatest ROB, but the last time we played I made you ragequit, so don't say you **** me. XD I've gotten a lot better since then too, because that was probably back in February, go to MAS's again so we can play.

Nappy, I played you at MAS in uhh, I think it was March? The pool with a lot of Snakes and me. I beat your MK with my ROB, then you proceeded to beat me with Snake. XD
Remember rob vs. falcon?

****. :bee:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

lol I don't remember where I saw it, but I saw a DDD get ***** by jab cancel spam (like it kept poking through his shield because of the weird tilt on Yoshi's Island), and get jab walled on Rainbow cruise.

Yeah a lot of Lucarios are unfamiliar with the MU, like most of them forget that fair is practically useless against a spacing peach lol.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
lol I don't remember where I saw it, but I saw a DDD get ***** by jab cancel spam (like it kept poking through his shield because of the weird tilt on Yoshi's Island), and get jab walled on Rainbow cruise.

Yeah a lot of Lucarios are unfamiliar with the MU, like most of them forget that fair is practically useless against a spacing peach lol.
My word your signature is distracting. This isn't the first time I've caught myself watching it cycle after cycle.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Big Lou (Luigi) downed Judo (Sheik) 2-0. Big Lou won Game 1, despite 126% damage done by Judo in one chain.

Awww:(. Good stuff though Judo.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I just got done playing Sin242's IC's... And I've come to one simple conclusion...

**** sheik, im going 100% mk for that matchup lollllllll

I swear that kid is gonna be #1 in minnesota soon, and one of the best in the midwest

Judo777

Smash Master
I kinda got bracket screwed but im not dissappointed with how i played almost beat Kryzstedes (aka number 1 player in IN/KY region and the guy that beat DEHF next round) 2-0 my first round i won game 1 and came soooo close on game 2 he was at 97% i was at 200% last stock. It was even last stock game 3 and i killed myself at 17% when he was at 0.

Next game i won by DQ

Then i played Big Lou that guy is nasty. I could have played a little better against him i still put up a great fight it was last stock at least 60% each game. I started figuring out what to do at the end but it was too little too late wasn't camping as hard as i should. I did kill myself 1 stock but it was at 115% so it didn't matter that much.

I had fun though it was definitely worth it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Does that mean I placed the highest?
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ucYQQtNnLgA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ucYQQtNnLgA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Florida is so bad at this game... nick riddle only got thrid at Columbus. Shaky a ness only broke top sixteen? lame.

Ed beat Candy in tournament... but Ed didn't win and money, ed's pretty bad too.
I say that to say this. if you can't place in florida you must be pretty bad.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Florida is so bad at this game... nick riddle only got thrid at Columbus. Shaky a ness only broke top sixteen? lame.

Ed beat Candy in tournament... but Ed didn't win and money, ed's pretty bad too.
Shaky got top 16? Nice. I still haven't got to play him yet.

Judo777

Smash Master
they need to hurry up and change the rule tho PT can like infinite ness and lucas with all 3 pokemon.

napZzz

Smash Hero
when did I rage quit vs. zwarm

Who cares if he beat my ****ty mk I got in dat *** with snake

kenni i ***** you on wifi today too good

shiek sucks

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I've been learning Sheik for a while now, and yet even with DACUS (which currently I pull off very rarely) I have trouble killing things without Zelda. Any advice?

Judo777

Smash Master
@kenni charizard and sqirtle can do it without stepping. Charizard takes like a very small step after regrabbing but he can still get about 70 grabs across FD. Squirtle every now and then wont grab if u dont take a step but even if u do take a step squirtle takes a step back after grabbing. Squirtle can actually do it without moving at all because of that a true infinite i believe. Ivy can also just like charizard but he moves farther fwd each grab.

@Divilenta getting kills with sheik is quite a difficult task. The important thing is to save ur kill moves and not use them for damage as much. I would always save upsmash for kills if u can and vanish should never be stale. However if u hold off on nair and dsmash that can help u out alot. You CAN save sweet spot bair but bair is such a useful move i think u might want to use it early on.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
@Divilenta getting kills with sheik is quite a difficult task. The important thing is to save ur kill moves and not use them for damage as much. I would always save upsmash for kills if u can and vanish should never be stale. However if u hold off on nair and dsmash that can help u out alot. You CAN save sweet spot bair but bair is such a useful move i think u might want to use it early on.
I always save usmash for killing no matter what, vanish as well although I rarely hit with that anyway. I tend to use dsmash for helping rack up damage because of its short startup time. Nair might be a bit easier to save for later, though. I might check out some videos to see how others do it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Learning to take some risks and edgeguard off-stage helps Sheik's KO ability significantly.

Top Bottom