• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I gotta say, I really like sweetspot fair for that tech chase leverage you can do with it when you hit with it while onstage, assuming they don't tech, of course.

Judo777

Smash Master
vanish is not a good kill move, lol. its one of her weakest ones.
I think its a good kill move u just have to understand what vanishes use is. It is not a kill move u use to punish with. I treat kinda like a donkey punch. If u know ur opponent is gonna commit to a move u punish it with this move since u are invincible right before (in DK's case he has super armor). I have caught many MK's approaching with tornado or dropping on me for a dair.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
my point is it kills at very high percents, sour usmash kills lower, so does SSbair, dsmash, nair. and if the wind effect connects it decays vanish further too.

Its a good counter, but even still you will have trouble getting it to kill even lighter characters like MK before 160.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Pretty sure Vanish kills earlier than dsmash, from my testing. Maybe it's just due to the angle it sends at, though. Dsmash is #6, behind the two usmash hits, fsmash, Vanish, and nair.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
C.E.O (6/6/10)
17th out of 41 Singles
Not even worth mentioning in Teams (But I think I figured it out)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276980

Defeated 8-Bit (Snake/MK) 2-0 [60/40 Sheik]
Defeated CANDY (Snake/MK) 2-0 [50/50 Sheik/Zelda]
Lost to Meroknight (MK) 0-2 [All Zelda]
Lost to hiROI (Peach w/ 300+ Turnips) 1-2 [80/20 Zelda]

I went more Zelda than Sheik in this tourney. Zelda has become more of my MK person because Sheik gets gimped a lot from time to time, all depending on if I can avoid it lol. CANDY is really good lol. I beat his Snake with Sheik and his MK with Zelda.

I need help with Peach, really bad. I can't fight her with Zelda or Sheik. If they spam to that point, what can I do? seriously?

As far as my two losses, Peach spam is bad and EXTREMELY CLOSE matches with Mero. I need Peach Help!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Peach matchup is really, really dumb. Pretty much outspace everything she does if you want to get an attack in, because you have zero surefire options from shield against her pressure. When not going in for a big hit, stay back, throw needles, use your speed to either run away or interrupt with a dash attack.

There are NO working followups on Peach besides maybe perfect ftilt decay into utilt (less than perfect and you eat a nair), so incentive of getting in on her for combo/pressure damage really isn't that great. She also wins if trading hit-for-hit, so you can't afford to keep headbutting, either. It's pretty much a matchup where you play as perfectly as you can and completely change up any usual reliance on shield because it doesn't work against Peach.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fsmash has been loving me lately I get so many Fsmashes in.

Vanish may have a higher knock back overall but its the angle that makes it kill much higher. you have way more time to DI and more influence over you angle.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That Sheik sorta had the right idea, but you could also see all the damage she incurred from attempting any followups at all on Peach.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
That match was really intense. Makes me wish I was able to go to tournaments. Dang being in a smaller town! >(

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Transportation is the biggest issue. I'm fairly positive there aren't any tournaments in my city period, and the nearest one would be 40 miles away. Pueblo sucks that way.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
And getting transportation.
Walk or organize a ride to your local bus station and go from there. I've gotten a ride to the bus stop, took a bus up to DC, went on the DC subway system, got pick up by smashers, and then went to COT4.

I had the best ****ing time in my life and all I had to do was give up a pay check to do it:chuckle:

edit: Which is what I consider a arm and a leg when you work full time.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
D:
I'm having too much fun with jiggs. I need some one to destroy me quick so can get back on sheik full time.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Transportation is the biggest issue. I'm fairly positive there aren't any tournaments in my city period, and the nearest one would be 40 miles away. Pueblo sucks that way.
Try hosting a tourney yourself. Advertise it on SB/AiB/FB, put up posters, have the venue advertise, and I'm sure you'll get some people.

@<3: Play Ed's Zelda. :p

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Walk or organize a ride to your local bus station and go from there. I've gotten a ride to the bus stop, took a bus up to DC, went on the DC subway system, got pick up by smashers, and then went to COT4.

I had the best ****ing time in my life and all I had to do was give up a pay check to do it:chuckle:

edit: Which is what I consider a arm and a leg when you work full time.
I'm too young; my parents wouldn't let me. I have no job.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see how you'd win against Chaz unless he has zero idea of how to play the matchup. It's like, stupidly bad for Jigglypuff unless you try to rush her down or something.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ankoku, dash attack to punish aerials.

you can shield grab all of marth's ground options so they aren't available. People are mistaken in thinking jiggs has to be in the air the whole game because marth will eat you alive if you try aerial approaches. Jigg's ground options are also very powerful, grab, dash attack, jab, ftilt. her OOS game is decent as well.

LOL, for the record! I play chaz in teams with my jiggs. and not very long. I try and set up an actual match and test the waters against a reputable marth.

I played Ed with jiggs but that was years ago... and definitely isn't an accurate portrayal of out current skill levels. I do get to play Virg's zelda, and if memory serves he beat all the sheiks at winterfest with his zelda (except mine haha guys!) Spare Ed he is like the best zelda i know of personally.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Wait, I didn't lose to Virg. We never finished lol. He did beat light tho.......

That was very long ago........back in that tourney where I lost to Ganon. Ahhhhh, good times. That day actually caused me to start a rapetrain because I lost to Ganon and Jiggs in the same day. Angry I was.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Ankoku, dash attack to punish aerials.

you can shield grab all of marth's ground options so they aren't available. People are mistaken in thinking jiggs has to be in the air the whole game because marth will eat you alive if you try aerial approaches. Jigg's ground options are also very powerful, grab, dash attack, jab, ftilt. her OOS game is decent as well.

LOL, for the record! I play chaz in teams with my jiggs. and not very long. I try and set up an actual match and test the waters against a reputable marth.

I played Ed with jiggs but that was years ago... and definitely isn't an accurate portrayal of out current skill levels. I do get to play Virg's zelda, and if memory serves he beat all the sheiks at winterfest with his zelda (except mine haha guys!) Spare Ed he is like the best zelda i know of personally.
dash attack to punish aerials? wtf?

shield grabbing MARTH? as in, consistently? what horribly positioning marth are you playing man, marth butt ****s jiggs, ground or air

clowsui

Smash Legend
i'm confused
what kind of marth lets you get away with shield grabbing down tilt or well spaced DBs?
also what kind of marth lets you consistently get away with dash attacking his aerials?
edit: wow ninja'd

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jiggs has one of the better grab ranges in the game. of course you aren't gonna grab perfectly spaced dtilts but those aren't gonna happen every time either, lol. DB and dtilt can both be punished from shield.

dash attack is frame five, like sheik's. it doesn't have the same range but you can punish whiffed fairs and nairs with it pretty well.

go actually play jiggs and check out her ranges and crap. its not as bad as you'd imagine dash attacks hit box is especially nice

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think at least one of you is playing the matchup rather incorrectly. Like everyone can punish Marth for whiffing aerials, which is why he generally doesn't want to whiff them.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello Sheik boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Sheik main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Was <3 joking?

Seriously, Jiggs is significantly underrated, but showing it involves using play that makes DMG's playstyle look aggressive.

Top Bottom