• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I feel like it was just this one TV a few other people I talk to about it seemed to feel the same. /shrug

Um... I'm very upset, but havok had the same conditions during that match and I didn't bring up my concerns until after the match so. I can't complain about his win.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sheik is such a stupid character...it's amazingly dumb how there is like nothing reliably safe you can do against this character (aside from those random CGs that hurt if she ever gets grabbed).

I hope I get up vids of TonyGuacamole's Sheik. He might be one of the best Sheik players in the nation as far as I'm concerned...or maybe that's only because you never really see Sheik getting hyped that much for the most part.

iLight

Smash Lord
Sheik is such a stupid character...it's amazingly dumb how there is like nothing reliably safe you can do against this character (aside from those random CGs that hurt if she ever gets grabbed).

I hope I get up vids of TonyGuacamole's Sheik. He might be one of the best Sheik players in the nation as far as I'm concerned...or maybe that's only because you never really see Sheik getting hyped that much for the most part.
have you watched videos of other sheiks before making such statements?

Judo777

Smash Master

Um you are in the right area of ur ideology sheik is probably one of the best punishers in the game as far as ability to do so. Her DA is one of the best punishers in the game and DACUS is a great punisher that can have huge rewards. The main issue is however she can punish alot of characters that are used to not being punished but she has to do it soooo much to kill u cause shes just so weak. Conversely we dont have a ton of safe options either and everytime we get punished it hurts way worse.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Conversely we dont have a ton of safe options either and everytime we get punished it hurts way worse.
I think between 10-90% sheik is one of the best punishes in the game and can greatly out weight what most characters can do to her back... Sadly when it comes beyond 100% then sheik is pretty :dizzy:

Which is why I threw so much effort into the ftilt data because if you get the ftilt into usmash and kill them you can completely bypass this weakness... I guess getting them around 120% also work, around 150% if I recall correctly is when dash attack start becoming scary again to light weights when fresh and fresh nair can kill up to med weight.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hey people. Um, lol, figured I'd start posting here, but I think I may start maining Sheik again (I mained her in Melee). I've always liked playing as her and have had some fun playing as her, but I put her down when Brawl came up because everyone said she sucks.

So, yeah, if I go through with it, I may be around here, so yeah, hi!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
vVv Rapture, were you at MLG or affiliated with vVV gaming? Just curious.

BTW, though NEO's placement was rough at MLG, NEO is an animal and I'd hve to consider him as an amazing Sheik. His pressure game is unreal! NEO! If you see this, consider using Sheik some more. Just a little more!

Also, lastly; he is one cool fellow. It was a pleasure meeting him at last.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
vVv Rapture, were you at MLG or affiliated with vVV gaming? Just curious.
Me, affliated with vVv? Nah, not me, not vVv Rapture.

Lol, I kid, yes, I am. I'm part of the staff and one of the Smash players in the community (though not sponsored like Diem and Shadow).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow

i got brawl back after letting my friend borrow it for almost 2 months

my sheik

is SOOOOOO good

wow

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
have you watched videos of other sheiks before making such statements?
Yeah I haven't, so admittedly I will say that I'm automatically biased in favor of my friend. Because there are like no Sheik players that ever get hyped. I mean Boss's Mario and Luigi get a lot of hype, but who is the Sheik player that's getting all the hype? I don't think the reason I'm unable to name someone is just unique to me.

Although honestly, I really do think my friend Tony is one of the better Sheik players. He's just really creative and knows how to use every one of Sheik's moves.

Like he'll use pivot grabs to cross over shielding opponents, he's REALLY smart about using Up-B as a punish option, uses chain to wall out predicted approaches, I just find him extremely creative in general.

But this character is just so dumb...you literally can't safely commit to anything if they avoid it.

Um you are in the right area of ur ideology sheik is probably one of the best punishers in the game as far as ability to do so. Her DA is one of the best punishers in the game and DACUS is a great punisher that can have huge rewards. The main issue is however she can punish alot of characters that are used to not being punished but she has to do it soooo much to kill u cause shes just so weak. Conversely we dont have a ton of safe options either and everytime we get punished it hurts way worse.
This character is like really stupidly safe. She has some of the best mobility in the game and fast projectiles. Chain walls out like 97% of all approaches and can only really be punished easily by projectiles. Aerials except for D-air have like no ending lag, outspace most shieldgrabs, and are difficult to wall out due to her solid vertical spacing strategies. Up-B is a pretty good kill move that doubles as a spotdodge with the added benefits of teleportation. Aside from the threat of every fast punish option she has, she forces so many defensive reactions it's not funny and is like 1000x safer as a result of it.

Aside from just hyping TonyGuacamole, I'm probably coming back here again with videos of him to also ask for critique on how to play against this character in general.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think between 10-90% sheik is one of the best punishes in the game and can greatly out weight what most characters can do to her back... Sadly when it comes beyond 100% then sheik is pretty :dizzy:

Which is why I threw so much effort into the ftilt data because if you get the ftilt into usmash and kill them you can completely bypass this weakness... I guess getting them around 120% also work, around 150% if I recall correctly is when dash attack start becoming scary again to light weights when fresh and fresh nair can kill up to med weight.
EFFIN' JAB TO DOWN SMASH/NAIR

man...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just mess ppl up until they're 170+ and the kill them with some dumb move LOL

i'm really good at nailing uairs man

so good

that move *****

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
good matches @ scary and <3 you guys were dope sheiks/people, learned some stuff from you

hopefully now i have you guys to vouch for me when people start getting cute about what my sheik is/isn't lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Y'know Sheik really doesn't have ridiculous trouble getting kills.

As stupid as it sounds, saving Up-B for kills works. With Sheik's ability to force defensive reactions, juggle reliably, and force mistakes, it's a deceptively easy move to land. And most of the time, your opponent won't be punishing it with a KO move except maybe in those situations where you didn't DI optimally and have to recover with it. And on platformed stages punishing it in general is a *****.

Oh and by the way, it punishes approaches REALLY ****ING WELL. No small feat considering that she forces a lot of approaches.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Y'know Sheik really doesn't have ridiculous trouble getting kills.

As stupid as it sounds, saving Up-B for kills works. With Sheik's ability to force defensive reactions, juggle reliably, and force mistakes, it's a deceptively easy move to land. And most of the time, your opponent won't be punishing it with a KO move except maybe in those situations where you didn't DI optimally and have to recover with it.

Oh and by the way, it punishes approaches REALLY ****ING WELL. No small feat considering that she forces a lot of approaches.
I disagree vanish is a bad kill move, one of her weakest. You can punish land lag sure and some times use it to bait a spot dodge or hasty approach, but it should be happening multiple times a match and rarely multiple times though out the course of a set.

Its also hard to keep fresh since the wing counts as us hitting with it and the wind hits stuff all the time.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Armada...is not...the best..Brawl Sheik among us, let alone the world. I don't know why people ever decided to consider him so... He's unbelievable at Melee. Brawl, pretty good and def not best Sheik.

Not saying his Sheik is bad, it just isn't anything especially above the general skill level of the rest of the 'good Sheiks.'

Edit: Vanish is a great kill move, but not in the sense of using it offensively and/or spamming. It's easy and effective to save and when used sparingly you can catch people very often. With extensive experience using it against top players, I'm rather sure I wouldn't consider it a bad KO move.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I think I've said it once before but ground vanish is safe on block against dash grabs against everyone but Sonic when you reappear away from the direct the vanish pushes them. Although I didn't test boost grab I did frame testing on sonic and captain falcon normal dash grabs.

If you can predict an approach especially an aerial or a fall into air dodge vanish isn't a unreasonable answer. I mean not counting possible pummels it's more then twice the damage then a grab will do.

Sadly I also tested Falco laser and phantom both of which can punish a vanish so it's not 100% safe, although I think if you do it to the edge it more or less is, haven't tested though.

edit: oh if you see me posting more it's because I ran out of games to beat and work is giving me less hours, still the weekend ***** though and still have no plans to go to any tournaments but that doesn't change the fact brawl is like my 3rd fav game.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wow this forum is dead lmao.

Can't wait until this summer when I can start going to tournaments again.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
playing m2k for hours straight taught me just staying in sheild is fine versus MK until like 200. I'm feeling so good about the MK match up now :)

Judo777

Smash Master
The only thing i hate is if the MK is remotely paying attention it is almost impossible to hit him with needles.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
everyone still falls for my fully charged b reverse needles son

and if u guys dont use it already, autocancel uair is sooooo amazing

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, autocancel uair is great anti-air pressure because it lets you lead straight into a tilt or grab to punish airdodges at that height.

Also I think Snake might be Sheik's best high-tier matchup (out of MK Snake Diddy Falco Marth Dedede Wario). Her stuff works great when the opponent tries to stay grounded, which Snake kinda has to do, not nearly as well when they've got decent-to-good options in the air.

Judo777

Smash Master
Yeah, autocancel uair is great anti-air pressure because it lets you lead straight into a tilt or grab to punish airdodges at that height.

Also I think Snake might be Sheik's best high-tier matchup (out of MK Snake Diddy Falco Marth Dedede Wario). Her stuff works great when the opponent tries to stay grounded, which Snake kinda has to do, not nearly as well when they've got decent-to-good options in the air.
I think u might be right. Snake is a very good MU for sheik although idk i think marth might be a better MU or maybe falco its a tough call.

chok i use the b reverse needles alot but the mks i play figure it out after i get em once. It just real hard to puish landing too cause mks got 5 freaking jumps lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if mk is in the air i usually just try to get under him and uair

or just stay put and charge needles

and then when my needles are charged i go in and hit him LOL

i think i am dumb when it comes to theory bros when im playing i ****

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I think Sheik beats Wario hard from what I saw from playing MalcomM at MLG. Granted, they were friendlies but Utilt and spaced aerials stop Wario so cold. I know he can gimp us pretty well but I fail to see why it is so far in his favor.

Snake's weight alone makes it a close to 60-40; it is just dumb the weight he has if you can't land Tipper U-smash or at least DACUS. Definitely need the gimps.

Falco is just fun for me. It really is....

Marth/DDD; meh, manageable but I'm starting to think I have more fun with Marth v. Zelda for some hilarious reason. Can't explain it, but I enjoy it lol. DDD just gets kyicked!!

Variable

Smash Ace
I love sheiks Wall sticking (not sure the exact name) When you hop down and just stick against a wall, So helpful and really throws people off if you hop down and stick against the bottom of FD's Lip, or any map really. If they're stupid they'll come down, but mostly it just helps you set up with not having to jump from the edge grab and being left in the air... Pretty cool.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IDK I think Wario beats her slightly or it's evenish. I wouldn't base off everything just from playing Malcolm, that would be like me basing everything off of playing Light (or Cross/Sethlon back when he tried her/whoever).

Variable

Smash Ace
I'm leaning more Even as well.. Both have nice aireal games, gimping ability, and wracking up damage, it really just comes down the the players and the stage set up.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I agree with you DMG; it's no good to base it off one person. I wish I could get to you guys down there in Texas, or if you guys could've made MLG Orlando. Maybe I'll try and sneak down there with RedHalberd whenever he comes back. We'll wreak Tampa havoc!!!! lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It's all good Malcom, you gonna be at Columbus? You sir are Awesome!! I wish I could've got more games in with ya.

During the matches I saw you really didn't know the MU but they were just so much fun lol. MM at Columbus if I can go? We'll do a Best of 5 so you can get the MU down

Top Bottom