• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

iLight

Smash Lord
that first video looked pretty good, you definitely have your head in the right place, playing nice and cautious, letting their high percentage kill them rather than going for kills too early

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
use jabs in place of the "oh ****" dsmashes TKD they are much more rewarding, faster, and safer.

you use nair so much, lol but your fair is fresh for kills. if it works.

TKD

Smash Lord
I don't think about killing. I just think about fighting. Why limit your combat? Anyway I think I'm using too few dash attacks to punish whiffs and too few dash grabs to approach.

TKD

Smash Lord
I'm definitely switching mains. But I won't visit the U.S. for a bit (not that I do often anyway). Next two weekends there are tourneys over here.

Which chars can crouch Sheik's needles? I think we can fight Pikachu if he can't. I'm lazy and don't want to learn Zelda.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm definitely switching mains. But I won't visit the U.S. for a bit (not that I do often anyway). Next two weekends there are tourneys over here.

Which chars can crouch Sheik's needles? I think we can fight Pikachu if he can't. I'm lazy and don't want to learn Zelda.
I don't think anyone except Snake and Squirtle can crouch Sheik's needles. I'm unsure.

Grab release>Tipper Dacus kill on Pikachu too good.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Greetings Sheik boards! I'm Pwneroni, a Wario main from Oregon. I've been searching for a legit secondary for a loong time, and I think Sheik may be IT!! She is so fast and quick, I love her Nair and Bair! Needles are awesome too, and while I wish they had less lag like in Melee, they are still **** as a projectile.

What are the basic things to know as a Sheik player? I'm pretty much a veteran to the game (been playing since it came out), so I know basic things like DI, SDI, buffering and things like that. What I don't know are...

-How to do Sheik's DACUS

-Frame data on Sheik's moves

Is there such a place where information like that is located? Help would be appreciated :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
welcome pwneroni :) my in game tag is roni hahah

dacus should be the same as wario's
c stick down and then upA or upZ usmash, i believe u gotta do the usmash in 1 frame.

i know some of the more important fast frame data
jab frame 2
ftilt/dtilt frame 4
fair frame 4
bair frame 4
dsmash frame 4
nair frame 3

please correct me if im wrong friends

it shouldnt be hard to find the hitbubble/frame data threads if u search

im 2 lazy

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
however you want to. personally i say choke-nater

others say chock-nater which sounds cool too

if we lived next door i could be your chalk-neighbor

DACUS doesn't tipper on pika out of GR :(
Everyone always told m,e that you could, but whenever I tried it failed glad to know I'm not just doing it wrong.

Also would B-Dacus get the tipper? I don't really know the difference in length/ Speed between Dacus and Bdacus but it would be neat if it could.

And pwneroni, I don't want to scare you away from picking up Sheik, but thinking on Wario's Bad MUs Sheik goes like even with all of them lol. Sheik's Dacus uses the same inputs as Wario's dacus, just with stricter timing.

All of Sheik's tilts are frame 5. Her nair is frame 3. Fair/Bair/Uair are all frame 5 as well iirc.

Jab is frame 2.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah nice sig sailor princess

though i prefer the term footsies over boxing!

idk if they mean the same thing

rofl

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just paralyze them with your superior display of game knowledge! Then all of your mix-ups can revolve around your opponent shielding until the shield breaks.

ty I love talking to Malcolm lol

You can just call me tutu if you like O: Sailor/Sailor Princess/ Princess/ Sailor Twenty-Two/ Princess Twenty-Two/ Tutu/ Tewtew/ Tewx2/ 2-2. I'll answer to all of them.

My name is just too fun.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lolllll I remember Xavier. I think I consistently won, but I remember them being really frustrating because the connection wasn't exactly great. Plus I have a really low tolerance for Wifi in general.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah. sheik is horrendous on wifi.

however, i do credit my wifi experience for taking my camping skills to where they are today hhahah.

TKD

Smash Lord
So guys, who here does the....

ftilt
short foot-stool
[weak bair reset, needle reset]/[weak bair reset, charged needles reset, needle reset]/[charged needle reset, needle reset]
usmash

....combo?

It looks neat. Knowing the percentage requirement, we can probably plan to perform it at any of many moments. The opponent needs enough % for enough frame adv to foot-stool them, though I don't know how much. Distance isn't so much of a big issue because of dash buffering.

Greetings Sheik boards! I'm Pwneroni, a Wario main from Oregon. I've been searching for a legit secondary for a loong time, and I think Sheik may be IT!
DDD is tough for us too. That's Wario's only bad match-up, right? Other possibilities are like...Marth and Peach...but Wario's nair is tough to pivot grab, and he's really heavy and poweful and can no doubt juggle them...also unlike most think, Wario can handle MK without that much trouble, you just need to know how. I don't see Sheik helping you out much, unless she fits your play-style better in which case you're awesome.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm not all that worried about Wario's bad matchups. Moochero, a D3 player used to be my main training buddy, so I know that mu like the back of my hand. I go all Wario in tournament, but having a legit secondary would be awesome!

Sheik fits my style really well. I play an aggressive and spacey Wario, and I like to focus on follow ups and mixups. Sheik is really fun because all of her moves are so quick ;)

PS. Thanks for all the helpful info everyone :) much appreciated! I didn't know her jab comes out on frame 2, that's totally wicked!

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
sheik is an unstoppable force on wifi

also wtf tutu youre not supposed to know tech skill

point control stick at bad guy and press green button, remember?

Judo777

Smash Master
Yea everything in innocent roads vids aren't 100% legit. He also said we could grab release pivot grab infinite wario i believe. Pika can escape before the tipper.

Also apparently sheik is pretty good on wifi, she is just completely different. DACUS is a legit strategy on wifi.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Judo, InnocentRoad never claimed that. You're confusing his videos with saviorslegacy's.

Top Bottom