• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
kk I'll probs bring zier and maybe josh or rein but I wouldnt count them just yet, I'll also bring a tv and wii just in case we need it, also I'll bring some cans of drink for people.

do you need a lift drews?

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Doubt it, and even if I did, I think I wouldn't fit if you're already bringing ppl, because I have a friend coming up from sydney for cancon, and if I go he'll probably need to come with me. I don't think he's ever played brawl before, but I can't really just leave him at home :p. My parents should be able to drive me though.

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
I don't know if I'm free on that weekend, if I can go I won't be needing a lift.
(Sorry about taking so long to respond.)

Toby.

Smash Master
I can come if luke is right to give me a lift. Since he offered it to everyone I assume it extends to me as well :)

Btw the lack of canberrans at tedeths tournament was quite distressing. I wanted to play you all again :(

Throwback

Smash Lord
@tc: yeah it was too short notice for me. I will definitely be coming to some NSW tournies this year though, and I know Jambo will too (Luke is a given). Some of the others might come too, see what we can do.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol I can give you free housing again but sadly not a lift from sydney, (dont blame me, blame car Manufactures for not making cars that can run on adaptogens.) good job at ted's btw, wish I could have gone...

anyways this meet should be good and I have a proposal for you canberra smashers (notice how it starts with pro)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
lol I can give you free housing again but sadly not a lift from sydney, (dont blame me, blame car Manufactures for not making cars that can run on adaptogens.) good job at ted's btw, wish I could have gone...

anyways this meet should be good and I have a proposal for you canberra smashers (notice how it starts with pro)
I'm listening... lol

Throwback

Smash Lord
OK details of sunday's meet.

When: Sunday 25 January, 630pm - whenever

Where: 10/42 Kenyon Circuit, Monash ACT

Who: Throwback (host), Luke_Atyeo, Jambo, Drews0+1, Luke's mates (if any), Jambo's mates (if any). We should get 1 - 4 people out of Luke & Jambo's mates. Also Bogoron is a long shot.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Something's come up now, so I will be in Canberra this weekend. Now it looks like I should be able to make it if that's cool. I've pretty much got transportation sorted too, so that's not a problem (at this point anyway).

Throwback

Smash Lord
awesome! The more the merrier, I say.

By the way I don't know what's happening for food, but there are going to be too many for me to cater for this time. So EVERYONE either eat before you come or bring money for pizza.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol my internets broken :( I'll be there with zier and maybe rein.
we should have a crew battle (I love crews so much) me jambo and silfa, 2 marios and a wigi!

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Heck yes, back from camp and I'll be there, thanks for the info throwback.

Throwback

Smash Lord
we're going to have 7 tonight, which includes Drews0's friend. Dunno what that means for crews luke.

Everyone remember to bring pizza money!

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Preliminary crew league season will start march if there is enough interest generated in a dedicated thread i will soon start for the league. This preliminary season will operate under a no-rating/ no handicap system and will be used to rank and assess crews for the upcoming season.
cash Prizes will be for top 3 crews with the 3rd place being reimbursed for all registration costs
non-cash prizes will be given to members of the last crew

I WILL PERSONALLY DONATE $300 OF ADDITIONAL PRIZE MONEY/ PRIZES TO GET THIS THING ROLLING.

The season will only go ahead if we meet a quota of 6 crews attending all three monthlys

The registration costs will be either $40 or $60 per crew per monthly

so 6 crews at $40 per montlhy = $720 + 300

$1020 in prize money

120 for 3rd place
600 for first 300 for second

thats $110 per crew member above what they outlaid. This is in comparison to the $60 that first place received at teddies tourney ($45 for second place compared to $30 and 0 for third place compared to -$5)

Of course and increased registration fee or increase in crew numbers will increase the pot but my $300 will remain stagnant.

ground rules: I Will not be able to organise tourneys. end of discussion. This will piggyback off tourneys that others organise.

Win lots off battles to get into the finals. Top 3 go into the finals

A dedicated thread will be made later.
The rule set and organisation for the actual upcoming season (6-8 months of monthlys?) will be discussed in said thread

i'm pretty sure they could've airdodged like 3 times

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Many Fast Fall'd aerials in brawl are comboable into other moves (as in they give enough hitstun for you to follow up with another move). I wouldn't say he'd be able to airdodge 3 times, more likely only before the fair. I'd say better DI could have saved him though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol did anyone notice that the people who came 1st through to 5th got the exact same result in doubles.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
*sigh* act boards are so dead...
we all need to get together for the new act smash project, the smash van, its gonna be epic.
you guys are making me triple post :(
anyways we need more hype for the march 8th tourney, remember how good the first one was.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
HYPEHYPE HYPE!
Anyways, better get people talking more, you're right luke.
Wow, what a pointless post...oh well, only 2 weeks to go! Yay.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
you have the title of most tier whoring player in ACT, at least, right? :p

like every other player in ACT uses like mario or ganondorf, but you use Snake :p

I suppose thats not the title throwback is talking about though. Or maybe he used up, down, up taunt just once? :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey hey cmon, I use luigi too, finally been working on my wigi game, gonna use him at this next act tourney

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Lol, the shin-kick is gonna own us all :p. I wanna see Luke playing snake and luigi together in a team battle, then count the B's.

BTW, how many posts until I get out of the N00B title? Just wondering....

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
lol kthnx. Luke maybe we should get a list of consenting peoples mobile numbers along with their emails? just a thought.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if people are happy for their number to be put on the internet that I'll put it on the list, I think my number is all over the place on here.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Um, Are we gonna dump this thread in favor of the tourney thread? or are we gonna keep two seperate ones?
Just wondering. Checking two threads all the time would get kind of annoying.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well it would be nice to have this one for general act stuff and the other for tourneys, but since act threads are pretty dead theres not much point.

Top Bottom